You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The Orfordable League:- best little tourney in The West, with added prizes

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,028
edited October 2022 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2022 Orfordable League, September Week 5 of 5

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on October 7th

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1:September 2nd- Winner: Asho28; League Leader- Asho28

Week 2: September 9th- Winner: unregged player; League Leader- daggers 747

Week 3: September 16th- Winner: unregged player; League leader: weecheez1

Week 4: September 23rd- Winner: unregged player; League leader: weecheez1

Week 5: September 30th- Winner: diamondlee; League Winner- Asho28; runner up- stokefc

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday October 7th 2022
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday October 7th 2022

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday October 7th 2022

Comments

• SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,028
    Good morning Orfy folk, another new month is upon us but there are five weeks this time. More chances to post a good score and grab one of those prizes at month end so put your best foot forward, you may be one of those prizewinners. I would like to wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck. Here is the Autoreg list

• wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,523
    Did I win an entry into tonights 9.30 £11 bounty hunter,I do not seem to be registered
    wynne1938 said:

Did I win an entry into tonights 9.30 £11 bounty hunter,I do not seem to be registered

Hi Wynne,

Sorry, but no you did not win a prize for August, you finished in 6th place overall on a score of 12. The prizewinners are fredsgirl and stokefc for August.

Andy
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,523
    I thought I had won a weekly 1st prize in august
    edited September 2022
    Sorry Wynne but no. The Orfy only has monthly prizes not weekly like some of the other Leagues have.
    p,s, Read the opening post of this thread
    Good morning Orfy folk, that is Week 1 (of 5) in the bag.
    Of the 33 who took to the start line only 15 were Orfy regged so less than half the field but no matter because of those 15 there were 4 that made it to the FT this week so well done to them all.
    After a months' hiatus @THEHERDEIE made his return to grab 10th place last night, leaving him in 4th overall, well played Mr Herd.
    Two places higher in 8th was @daggers747, his 2nd FT in the last 3 weeks, now sitting in 3rd overall, well played daggers.
    A big jump up to 2nd place last night also 2nd overall, which went to @MAXALLY after luckboxing his way into HU at the end of the tourney, well played Alan.
    So that just leaves last night's Winner and new League Leader, congratulations go to @Asho28 on the win, well played Ash. Thank you to everyone who played last night.
    Here is the new League table after September Week 1

Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. This is September Week 2 (of 5) so loads of time to post a couple of good scores and maybe take one of the prizes on offer for this month.
    As most of you already know I shall be going to play in the Manchester SPT later today so shall not be playing tonight's Orfy but have regged anyway and will post the results as usual tomorrow morning. Whomever takes my chips, I hope you use them well. Good luck to everyone who plays tonight. Here is the Autoreg list

• Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    SidV79 said:

Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. This is September Week 2 (of 5) so loads of time to post a couple of good scores and maybe take one of the prizes on offer for this month.
    As most of you already know I shall be going to play in the Manchester SPT later today so shall not be playing tonight's Orfy but have regged anyway and will post the results as usual tomorrow morning. Whomever takes my chips, I hope you use them well. Good luck to everyone who plays tonight. Here is the Autoreg list

I vaguely recall you regging the Orfy last time you were at the SPT and managing to final-table it despite being away for the whole duration. :smiley:

Enjoy SPT Manchester Andy, hope you run well.
  • goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    It's his best tactic... :p
  • ILIKE2FISHILIKE2FISH Member Posts: 451
    Would love to enter alias is ILIKE2FISH
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,629
    If you play tonights tourny i'm sure @SidV79 will enter you into the comp , he's at SPT
    and will see your post when he gets KOd which won't be long ;) .. gl Andy

Would love to enter alias is ILIKE2FISH

Good morning ILIKE2FISH, I have added you to the list so welcome to the Orfordable League. We may be few in number but we do our best to make any visitors feel welcome and have a bit of fun along the way. As an added bonus there are prizes to be won at month end for an extra incentive.

Andy
    edited September 2022
    Good morning Orfy folk. Week 2 saw 38 players taking the plunge with 18 being Orfy regged. Of those 6 made the FT, so here they are;
    A first Orfy appearance this month and @Toffeeandy is already making the FT in 10th place, well played Andy.
    A regular FT'er is @weecheez1 who managed to get all the way up to 2nd last night, he now sits 5th overall, well played cheez.
    Although @supercrazy finished 5 places lower in 7th last night, he has climbed into 4th place overall, well played Mr. crazy.
    We have a couple of native Stokies to come now with the first FT in a while for @TheEdge949 who finished in 4th place and climbed to 3rd overall, well played Mark.
    Sitting one place higher, after a 5th place last night, in the League is @stokefc who is no stranger to these heady heights in the Orfy, if only his team could do as well- it would be nice to see them back in the EPL, well played Sean.
    A second FT in succession went the way of @daggers747 finishing in 3rd last night, which places him atop the League after two weeks on a score of 11, very well played daggers.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night and thank you for all your good wishes for myself at the SPT. See you all next week.
    Here is the updated League Table after September Week 2

Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well and FYI there are only 100 days until Christmas. This is Week 3 of 5 for September. so with the League table taking shape nicely, everyone is still in play to take a prize now is the time to step up your game and move up the League.
    Good luck to everyone who plays tonight, here is the Autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk, for the third week in a row we have a new League leader. There were 33 players taking the plunge last night with 13 being Orfy regged and of those a very miserly 2 made it to the FT.
    Last months victor @fredsgirl made a first FT of the month to finish in 10th place last night, moving her up into 5th overall, well played Paula.
    Although not quite making the FT in 12th place, @supercrazy climbed a place into 3rd overall on a score of 19, well played Mr. crazy.
    Sitting in 2nd overall, after slipping a place, is @daggers747 on a score of 11, so still in a prizewinning place, well played daggers.
    A second FT in consecutive weeks, finishing in 5th place last night, was enough to help @weecheez1 climb 4 places to take over the lead of the League with a very competitive score of 7, well played cheez.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night and I hope to see you all next week.
    Here is the updated League Table after September Week 3

Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. This is the penultimate week for September which means just two more opportunities to make certain of winning a prize for this month. The score(s) you need to aim for are, in second place 11 and at the top of the League 7 so every chance for either one, or even both, of those scores to be beaten. I wish each and every one of you who plays tonight the very best of luck. Here is the Autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk, Week 4 is in the bag. We had 29 starters last night with 15 being Orfy regs and of those 15 only 3 made the FT.
    Making a first FT of the month @HENDRIK62 secured 9th place last night, which places him in 13th overall, well played Neil.
    Also making his first FT of the month @Boomswitch finished in 2nd place last night, moving up the League table by three places into 5th overall, well played Boom.
    A second FT of the month went the way of @MAXALLY who went on to finsh 6th on the night moving up the League by eight places into 2nd overall, well played Alan.
    As a result of @MAXALLY's exploits last night @daggers747 dropped a place to third overall.
    For the second week running @weecheez1 remains sitting atop the League with one hand on one of the two prizes available but as it has been heard many times before "it ain't over 'til it's over" so still time for someone to swoop in and steal the prizes from the current incumbents.
    Thank you to everyone who played and I hope to see you all next week. Here is the updated League table after September Week 4

• Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited September 2022
    Well played all for last night.

@Tikay10 / @SidV79 - apologies if this has already been suggested previously, but please can I suggest a revamp of the prize structure for this from next month, and perhaps consider awarding a £33 main event entry as the top monthly prize? If that's considered too much, how about a £22 mega stack entry?
    I appreciate that Sky already give away enough freebies already, but we're only talking about once a month for this. Would be nice to try and give a bit more of an incentive for people to play this and give this fun forum comp the attention it deserves, given that numbers have dropped in recent months. I also don't believe that the majority of the regged players for the Orfy get to play a £33 main very often, so could be a nice incentive for the existing Orfy-ers to play every week/where possible.

Regardless, hopefully numbers pick up again in the Winter months. Always enjoy playing this on Fridays when I'm about.
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. We have made it to Week 5, the final week of September whwere the prizes will be awarded after play has finished tonight. The top two in the League are sitting on scores of 7 & 8 respectively but those scores are beatable, as has happened on previous occasions in our little tourney. Will lightning strike again to deprive one or both of the top two of a prize? Who knows what will happen tonight? But it will be fun finding out so with that I would like to wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck.
    Here is the Autoreg list

• ILIKE2FISHILIKE2FISH Member Posts: 451
    I forgot to reg other weeks after the 1st game I played!
    Have written it on my spreadsheet now!
    Thanks for organising :)