You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Next Sky Poker Tour event announced - & it's a Mystery Bounty

2»

Comments

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    memfno said:

Re the 10K Bounty, might i suggest that does not enter the draw pool till the final table. If it goes early, it feels a bit anti the notion of a poker tournament, if the player who goes out say 34th picks up more than a chopped final table winner.

This is the whole point of it and its to try and appeal to recreational players and give some people big prizes just by knocking someone out.
  • Options
    memfnomemfno Member Posts: 461
    Or, 37 players could congregate around a roulette wheel. Each put £330 on a different number, and one of them will win £10,000+. That's recreation.
  • Options
    kidgrimsbykidgrimsby Member Posts: 84
    A few weeks ago a few of our Sunday pub poker team (me included) went to Coventry to play in the Goliath, and before we got there, 3 of them (not me) got into the £440 mystery bounty for £30. They decided to pool their winnings, and during day 2 the bounties came into effect; they won five and the collective excitement, of picking them out of the drum, and slow rolling the envelope openings, was off the scale.

It was the same for everyone that took a bounty and the thrill of opening an envelope will live long in their memories. Poker cannot just be a game where the best players win, and all the bounty hunters here on Sky reflect that, so to have a live Mystery event is a great way to add to our enjoyment.

Oh yeah their 5 bounties were:

£500, £500

£600

£800

and a Golden £5,000

What a night we had...............
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,129

@kidgrimsby

Ha, you run so good Dave.

How are you mate?

PS - xx to Sue.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,544
    not quite sure what all the prizes will be I think I would have a hard time calling myself a pro but also a hard time calling myself a recreational player. I am something in between I guess maybe a profitable recreational player?

So I can see things both from the pro side and the recreational side.

if its a drum we pick prizes from though would be good to bring my girlfriend and then if I am still in to win bounties each bounty I win I let her pick for me not sure if that would be allowed etc but would be cool if so.