You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Proof is in the pudding - It's not really Poker is it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    lekskilekski Member Posts: 22
    radzer02 said:

I prefer a 6 max, preferably normal but will play a speed and the odd hyper. Not a huge fan of DYM but play every now and again. In my opinion the 6 max is a good game of poker, the right length to play proper and adjust for bad beats. The DYM format induces more betting and a higher likely hood of more bad beats which doesn't suit me personally, I like to be a bit more strategic, play more hands but not too many, usually lose interest in long tournaments.

The thing is 6 max tables/players are pretty rare these days, some of my most profitable days were playing multiple 6 max tables at a time but now it is very hard to get the tables going and end up playing some DYM's which very rarely ends in profit.

For me 6 max's are more skill where DYM's are more luck, (2 tables open as I write, A7 called by J7 flop J... AQ called by A4 board 2 pair.. split)

So the question is, is this more of a bingo site where pot luck is the best asset or is it the players that rather luck than skill?

Is it time to seek a more poker orientated site?

There's still good money in regular speed DYM's up to £5 at least, and probably beyond if you select your games well.

Though they are far less interesting to play, and the ICM side of it is very different to any other sng.

Players not understanding this makes for some frustrating beats in spots which can equal negative equity for both the shover and caller.

But this is balanced long term when we witness other players busting themselves with - ev, whilst we sit and finish 3rd, winning the same amount of money as everyone else whilst profiting from their mistakes.