You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Introducing "THE LEAGUE".

2»

Comments

• Options
    SnodbhoySnodbhoy Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2010
    Ha ha great.My second name is snoddy(go on have a laugh) so just in reference to that.Why doesnt it show me as registerd for for £220 ds ,or will it appear at later date?
    P.S Is there any chance i can see last nights show again?
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited April 2010
    i dont think they should give 10 places to the league, personally i think there should be 40 places available for buy-in satellites etc, 5 for the league places, 4 for the thursday tournaments, and the winner of the actual tournament gets free entry into the next one to defend their crown.

what happens if someone finishing in the top 10 of the league are already registered for the mtt itself?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,451
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Introducing "THE LEAGUE".:
    Ha ha great.My second name is snoddy(go on have a laugh) so just in reference to that.Why doesnt it show me as registerd for for £220 ds ,or will it appear at later date? P.S Is there any chance i can see last nights show again?
    Posted by Snodbhoy
    Mr Snoddy!

I don't expect you have been Registered by the Suits yet - it's a Bank Holiday, & most of them wiill be off all weekend. Keep an eye on the Lobby next week, & if your name does not appear, Post on this Thread, & I'll remind them. I hope this serves as a reply to the PM you have just sent me, too.

The Show will be repeated - frequently I expect - but I'm afraid I don't know when. Just keep an eye on 865 in the next few days, including today, & you'll likely see it. You featured in a lot of hands, throughout the Show. If you are unsure what Show to look out for, I believe we had a "LEAGUE" backdrop during the Show, & the Presenter was Mr Hartigan.

• Options
    edited April 2010
    i dont think they should give 10 places to the league, personally i think there should be 40 places available for buy-in satellites etc, 5 for the league places, 4 for the thursday tournaments, and the winner of the actual tournament gets free entry into the next one to defend their crown. what happens if someone finishing in the top 10 of the league are already registered for the mtt itself?
    Posted by hurst05
    Noted. The problem is, if they asked 100 people how to divvy up the Seats, they'd get 100 different answers. And every one believe their suggestion was "ideal". It's not realy possible to please everyone, & that especially applies in poker.

I don't see them changing the 10 seats thing in the League Playoff, though.

What happens if someone double qualifies? I've no idea. They won't get double starting chips though...... They will deal with it, if & when it happens, I'm quite sure, it's not exactly a difficult problem to resolve, or worry about, imo. Why not qualify twice, then you will find out? ;)
  • Options
    SnodbhoySnodbhoy Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2010
    Great,thanks for reply.
  • Options
    scouse1515scouse1515 Member Posts: 190
    edited April 2010

So what happenen last nite with all the tourneys as the poker was down big time. i gave it a miss so have i missed out.

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited April 2010
    Ahhhh so that's why the show was called "The League" in the Sky EPG - I thought they'd put the wrong title on, haha (somehow missed this thread 'til now).
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [QUOTE]So what happenen last nite with all the tourneys as the poker was down big time. i gave it a miss so have i missed out.
    Posted by scouse1515

The site was operating normally last night, & the 8pm Main Event got a whopping 686 runners, attracting a Prize Pool of £13,720.
  • Options
    dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
    edited April 2010
    Yes site was fine last night but I do think at one point in the evening my table in cash was running badly because I got stacked when bluffing with 5c4c on a AsKsQd 10s 3h Board - I honestly thought I had QsJs he he lol!! Anyway, great show Sir, loved it, great banter to watch on a Thursday night and also the League is a great concept imo, wd everyone involved!!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yes site was fine last night but I do think at one point in the evening my table in cash was running badly because I got stacked when bluffing with 5c4c on a AsKsQd 10s 3h Board - I honestly thought I had QsJs he he lol!! Anyway, great show Sir, loved it, great banter to watch on a Thursday night and also the League is a great concept imo, wd everyone involved!!
    Posted by dylan12
    Thanks Dylan.

Oh, & daiiawn if you play any poker this weekend. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Introducing "THE LEAGUE". : Thanks Dylan. Oh, & daiiawn if you play any poker this weekend. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    LOL

DA IAWN = WELL DONE
    POB LWC = GOOD LUCK

So i presume you mean "pob lwc" sir - I will get you to speak our lovely language one day Sir :)
  • Options
    scouse1515scouse1515 Member Posts: 190
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Introducing "THE LEAGUE". : [QUOTE ]So what happenen last nite with all the tourneys as the poker was down big time. i gave it a miss so have i missed out. Posted by scouse1515
    The site was operating normally last night, & the 8pm Main Event got a whopping 686 runners, attracting a Prize Pool of £13,720.
    Posted by Tikay10

Well thats very strange coz i coudnt even log in last nite so ended up playing BINGO lol no luck there either.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Introducing "THE LEAGUE". : Noted. The problem is, if they asked 100 people how to divvy up the Seats, they'd get 100 different answers. And every one believe their suggestion was "ideal". It's not realy possible to please everyone, & that especially applies in poker. I don't see them changing the 10 seats thing in the League Playoff, though. What happens if someone double qualifies? I've no idea. They won't get double starting chips though...... They will deal with it, if & when it happens, I'm quite sure, it's not exactly a difficult problem to resolve, or worry about, imo. Why not qualify twice, then you will find out? ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    fair enough, im hoping this tourny hits the ground running and when it continuously makes 50 players every time i hope that it will spark a rise in the amount of excellent tournies sky will begin to run. 
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Introducing "THE LEAGUE". : fair enough, im hoping this tourny hits the ground running and when it continuously makes 50 players every time i hope that it will spark a rise in the amount of excellent tournies sky will begin to run. 
    Posted by hurst05
    Thanks Hursty.

I'd be prepared to bet a very substantial sum that the 50 player Cap (which includes the free seats) will be reached a LONG before the 22nd April, & that players will be complaining that they cannot get a Seat, as all seats are gone.

It has 12 already, add another 13 giveaways, & with 3 weeks to go, only 25 seats are left!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Introducing "THE LEAGUE". : LOL DA IAWN = WELL DONE POB LWC = GOOD LUCK So i presume you mean "pob lwc" sir - I will get you to speak our lovely language one day Sir :)
    Posted by dylan12
    Whoops. Owned. By a Welsh person. I run so bad.

Try this then - I AM fluent in Welsh, see?

Cerddwyr Edrychwch I'R Chwich.

• Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Introducing "THE LEAGUE". : Whoops. Owned. By a Welsh person. I run so bad. Try this then - I AM fluent in Welsh, see? Cerddwyr Edrychwch I'R Chwich.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Da Iawn ti/Well Done you!!

Beautifull language aint it :)

Joia dy penwythnos bant o gweithio a gobeithio gei 'di penwythnos dda yn DTD :)
    (Enjoy your weekend off from working and I hope you enjoy your weekend at DTD :))
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    dylan12 i clywed yn sugno dynion willies am haha byw

haha pal, you know im only joking ;)
  • Options
    HORRISHORRIS Member Posts: 76
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Introducing "THE LEAGUE". : The site was operating normally last night, & the 8pm Main Event got a whopping 686 runners, attracting a Prize Pool of £13,720. Posted by Tikay10
    Well thats very strange coz i coudnt even log in last nite so ended up playing BINGO lol no luck there either.
    Posted by scouse1515
    I think the site was down all day, but it came back online between half 4 and 5 if i recall correctly.