You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

iphone problem.

13»

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,239
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HENDRIK62 said:

I always buy directly from apple, always in their refurbished section.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/refurbished

But if you want you can buy a brand new 14 with 256GB storage for £950, unless you do a load on your phone and need the extra computing power, you don't need the pro version

I just had a quick look.
    There are no iphone 14 models available.
    There are no iphone 13 standard models available with the bigger memory.
    So the nearest is the iphone 13 pro.
    This is priced up at £889.

Yet you can buy a brand new iphone 14 with the bigger memory for £959.
    You can get that model brand new off Amazon for £879.
    Or a refurbished 13 for £699.
    How's my B0ll0cks talking now?? :p
    On the memory front, do you delete recordings off your telly?
    Yes....i delete some....but not all. Depends whether I want to re-watch them at a later date.

I've got loads of Music kept in my recordings to listen to as background music when I'm playing Poker. Lots of PUNK, New Wave, bit of KERRANG Rock, then loads of Electro Pop from the 80's including Guy Garveys 'Music from the Vaults', Depeche Mode, Human League, Blondie etc. and Stormzy at Glasto,

Then other stuff I'm interested in.......Horse racing Stable Tours, interviews with Trainers past + present, and still got quite a few recordings of all stuff Ancient Egypt, quite a few documentaries on Lions, Cheetahs and the Big Cats, and doc's on Osama Bin laden, and Military Ops against him, and World War II doc's too......and finally a few World Poker Tour programmes as well......in all about 85% of memory used. :)

Why do you ask Tony?
    I fell over it a while ago.
    If you go into your recordings and delete a programme, it is still retained in your memory.

If you scroll down from "most recent" to "manage" you can see how much memory is in use.

If you then scroll right off "manage" you reach "disk space"
    You can also delete a whole series on this tab obviously quicker than deleting one episode at a time.

Scroll down 2 to the deleted tab.
    On this tab you will see each episode you have ever deleted.
    You have a choice of undeleting, or deleting forever.
    Obviously to cut down on the memory being used, you should delete forever.

When I fell over this, I had used over 60% of the memory.
    It took ages to delete them all forever.
    I now do it every couple of days, so it only takes a minute.
    I am now running at 16%.
    Yeh......I knew about this feature. But good for those who didn't :)
    How did you find it, it is quite well hidden?
    When I got up to 99% FULL and needed to delete some recordings, In the Disk space it shows which programmes/series takes up the most space in order (Greatest Disk Space used first)..... so unfortunately the Cheltenham Festival highlights from 2020 + 2021 had to go 'coz they were from Racing TV in HD, which takes up more space than SD. Series link of 'Music from the 80's' Ch5 HD had to be pruned too ......at least that got rid of a lot of Stock, Aitken and Waterman rubbish from the late 80's:D
    Ok, I guess that you have to find it when you are just about full.
  • Options
    There was one down side to the phone problem.
    I didnt know how to just delete my library on my phone because I had archived them, so I deleted them on my laptop.
    So when I deleted the app, and reinstalled it on my phone, it was reinstalled with a minimal library.
    The problem is that I now have no record of the library.
    So when I go shopping for books, I have no record of what I have and havent read.
    Where before it pointed to each book that was in my library.
    I think I will try resetting my laptop to a date prior to deleting the library.
    Hopefully this will restore the library, and I will just delete the books from my phone
  • Options
    That went well.
    I reset it.
    Still got no library.
    Cant download Sky poker.
    Laptop nearly took off through the patio doors.