You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Fastest (poker playing) Milkman in the South?

2»

Comments

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,529
    Pheidippides

the story that inspired two moderns sporting events, the marathon race and the Spartathlon .

According to this account, barefooted and armed only with a short sword, he ran 1,140 stadia (around 153 miles or 246 kilometres) to Sparta in around 36 hours, travelling via Eleusis, the Gerania mountains, Isthmia, Examilia, ancient Corinth, ancient Nemea and Mount Parthenion.
    Well done Gary, now can you please put my milk back on the doorstep. ta

• Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    Thanks everyone!
    I had an absolute blast on the streets of London. Being interviewed live on BBC1 before the race was much scarier than the running. Thank-you very much to Maxally and everyone here who kindly donated to CRUK.
    I'm thinking of applying for another world record; the most milkman jokes listened to in a 3h:52m:12s period. London is full of comedians, that's why I'm smiling in all the pictures. I'm even thinking of changing my name to Ernie by deed poll. Seriously though, the crowd support was absolutely incredible, the whole day was surreal.