You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

BBC.

124»

Comments

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,107
    As I stated it doesn't sit very well with me and yea I probably would 'Pay him a visit' whether rightly or wrongly but then I'd take my punishment for my criminal actions. But as we all know 'Mob Justice' is a very different thing to Legal Justice, I simply can't see the actual crime in this case. Morally wrong (compared to most peoples ideals) but legally wrong, then no.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,108
    This also goes a long way to show why the BBC were "slow" to investigate.

It is an absolute nightmare trying to investigate (never mind discipline) anyone receiving this sort of treatment
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,107
    HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

Tikay10 said:

Seen tonight on Twitter...

"I’m curious, if the money was used for instance as a mortgage deposit would the family be quite so concerned?"

Exactly this ^^^^. It's like me paying a decorator £1,000 for doing some work and after paying him he decides not to go home to his wife but instead to go on a three day bender. After eventually returning home the wife throws him out and divorces him, so am I to be held responsible for the decorators situation? The way I see it is there are two consenting adults, one offering a service and the other willing to pay for the services.
    I think that this is a terrible comparison.
    Maybe if there were 3 or 4 painters between the ages of 17, and say 25.
    They did the work during lockdown.
    You persuaded them to part with sexually explicit photos before paying them for the work.

A man who hides in the shadows while his friends and colleagues get accused of his misbehaviour is a coward.
    It doesn't matter if there were 3,4 or 40 painters what they do with the money is entirely up to them,the same rules apply to consenting adults 'kinks', just because it may not fit with our own personal morality doesn't make it wrong. Who is to say that the suspect asked for the photo's first and that the 'young person' didn't offer them first ? I seem to recall the media hounding Cliff Richard and Paul Gambaccini and deeming them guilty without any clear evidence and they were eventually cleared of all suspicion. Would any of this came out if the parents were aware of what was going on and the money wasn't being spent on drugs but saved for the young persons future, I doubt it very much.
    I dont know if you have any kids.
    I think most parents would be at least very annoyed with a middle aged man bribing their teenage child to take and send on sexually explicit photos.
    Some would insist on paying him a visit.
    The first lot of parents asked the BBC to stop him sending the money, so the drug problem wasnt exacerbated.
    He continued to send more money.
    What makes it worse is that he is a household name.
    Our TV stars can often exert influence over our youngsters.
    I dont think the presenter cared about what he did with the money, or about his wellbeing, he just wanted the photos.
    I cant defend him, whoever he is.
    I think his behaviour is indefensible, irrespective of whether or not he has broken the law.

Again we don't know who initiated the photo's originally.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,219

This is all so terribly sad.
  • Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 279
    End of the thread? Did Huw Edwards not fit in with your profile?
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    Wonder how many married men ( or women ) pay to view ‘Only Fans’ ., I would guess quite a lot.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,702
    tomgoodun said:

Wonder how many married men ( or women ) pay to view ‘Only Fans’ ., I would guess quite a lot.

not been funny but why does anyone anywhere pay for videos or pics like plenty of free **** sites out there. why pay when you can get for free?

especially such extortionate amounts I mean unless someone has a fetish about spending money or giving money away (which is a thing but I wont go into more here) why why why?
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,525
  • Options
    Huw Edwards: The BBC’s trusted voice for Britain's most historic moments

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/huw-edwards-bbc-news-presenter-britain-historic-moments-tv-174715528.html
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,231
    If he has got mental health issues ( ah have no reason do doubt it ) depending what disorder he has, it can make you do things, see things that the average person thinks is wrong but you think is rationable and the more you do / say certain things the more you think your right and it will get worse until you get help.
  • Options
    rabdeniro said:

If he has got mental health issues ( ah have no reason do doubt it ) depending what disorder he has, it can make you do things, see things that the average person thinks is wrong but you think is rationable and the more you do / say certain things the more you think your right and it will get worse until you get help.

I feel really, really sorry for him, and his family.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,402
    Ive followed this story and enjoyed hunt for a name like its a massive joke.

But now its out there its absolutely not funny.

• Options
    mumsie said:

Ive followed this story and enjoyed hunt for a name like its a massive joke.

But now its out there its absolutely not funny.

Its not.
    Its about as funny as a heart attack.