You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Memory Lane

1235»

Comments

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,030
    edrich said:

lucy4 said:

Also remember the Salvation Army folk braving the pubs with copies of the War Cry.

But when they used to come in to the pub at Christmas and start singing everyone used to stop,listen to them and pay them respect.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    edited July 2023
    SATURDAY morning Flicks Kemosabe: Oops!

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    lucy4 said:

I once had a Ford Sierra that often stopped within 200 yards of setting off (some weird fuel starvation problem I think), anyway if you left it a few minutes it would then restart and be OK for the rest of the day. Anyway it got stolen once and my mate suggested we phone the police and report it, I said no lets just have a walk around the corner, if I'm in luck it won't have gone any further than that. Sure enough there it was, about 150 yards from where I'd left it. The buggers had stolen all my cassette tapes though!
  • Options
    Gone to the Dogs.....

• Options
    Think I've Broken it.....

• Options
    Enut said:

lucy4 said:

I once had a Ford Sierra that often stopped within 200 yards of setting off (some weird fuel starvation problem I think), anyway if you left it a few minutes it would then restart and be OK for the rest of the day. Anyway it got stolen once and my mate suggested we phone the police and report it, I said no lets just have a walk around the corner, if I'm in luck it won't have gone any further than that. Sure enough there it was, about 150 yards from where I'd left it. The buggers had stolen all my cassette tapes though!
    The good old days of simple car mechanics when a switch and a few feet of wire joined in to the coil wires made a cut out switch which you hid somewhere in the car. No one was stealing your car with one of those fitted cost about £5 or simply pop the bonnet and take the coil wire indoors. Nowadays you've got £50,000 cars with ultra sophisticated security systems being stolen by laptops,scanners etc progress at it's best!
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
    lucy4 said:

edrich said:

lucy4 said:

Also remember the Salvation Army folk braving the pubs with copies of the War Cry.

But when they used to come in to the pub at Christmas and start singing everyone used to stop,listen to them and pay them respect.
    Ahh the hypocrisy of the Sally Army. Standing outside berating people for taking their money into those "Dens of iniquity" Then taking the collecting boxes in for donations just before last orders.

In fact you could set your watch by the schedule. 22.00 - 22.15 Kershaws man with the cockles and mussels, 22.20 - 22.30 Sally Army rattling the tins, 22.35 - 22.45 Last orders please. And thus ends another Friday night in the 80's in Stoke.
  • Options
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264

LOVED that orange film they wrapped it in.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

LOVED that orange film they wrapped it in.

I can now hear the crinkly sound it made.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

You knew who the well off people were as they had Lucozade in the house when nobody was ill... :D
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264

Best thing about being ill was we got treated to Lucozade.

These days it's an energy drink, whatever that is.
  • Options
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    https://youtu.be/EbxJw-6kha4

Tudor gammon crisps, loved them.
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223

If you got skelpt with one of these you were oot of action for a while :# .