You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Who won what, Wednesday 26th May - Arrogant at the double again

2»

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,039
    FishDog77 said:

Tikay10 said:

£1,000 Midnight Express B/Hunter (£1,280)

The Arrogant roadshow just keeps rolling. On Saturday he win both Reload & Quickdraw, on Sunday he took down the Major, on Monday & Tuesday he made finals galore, then hit another double last night, winning both Turbo & MidEx as well as 5th in the Main. A quite remarkable streak by any standards.

Tim Tim Timmy, who won this the previous night/morning, was 4th.

Meanwhile, Monday's Marksman main winner Fishdog77 finalled MidEx for the 2nd time in 3 nights. One to keep an eye on, Timeform have given him a P.

@Arrogant 192000 1 £192 + £161.57 Head Prizes 8

@SGK1968 0 2 £128 + £88.27 Head Prizes 9

@stetrfc 0 3 £76.80 + £24.38 Head Prizes 3

@TimmyRaRa 0 4 £64 + £47.47 Head Prizes 5

@FishDog77 0 5 £51.20 + £26.26 Head Prizes 3

@POKEOFFU 0 6 £41.60 + £7.50 Head Prizes 1
    Hi Tikay, just randomly looking back at the forum, it says timeform had given me a P, what does this mean? Hope youre well. Thanks, Fishdog
    I think he is MIA.

Small p – Likely to improve Large P – Capable of much better (massive improver)
    A Complete Guide to TimeForm Ratings & Statistics (Horse Racing)
    caanberry.com/guide-to-timeform/
  • Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    Hi @FishDog77, as Tikay isn't going to be around for several days, it appears I am continuing his role...

Timeform are a renowned Horse Race rating site that go back almost as long as Tikay.

If a horse is capable of much better form they give it a big P. Timeform reserve them for only the most promising horses, so it is meant as a high complement.

If a horse bubbles the Sunday Major two weeks in a row they would get the dreaded Timeform squiggle.

Cheers

Doobs §

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    So given it’s been a couple of years, was the form guide right?
  • Options
    FishDog77FishDog77 Member Posts: 6
    Doooobs said:

Hi @FishDog77, as Tikay isn't going to be around for several days, it appears I am continuing his role...

Timeform are a renowned Horse Race rating site that go back almost as long as Tikay.

If a horse is capable of much better form they give it a big P. Timeform reserve them for only the most promising horses, so it is meant as a high complement.

If a horse bubbles the Sunday Major two weeks in a row they would get the dreaded Timeform squiggle.

Cheers

Doobs §

Hi there, Thank you so much for replying! really appreciate the insight! :smile:
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

FishDog77 said:

Tikay10 said:

£1,000 Midnight Express B/Hunter (£1,280)

The Arrogant roadshow just keeps rolling. On Saturday he win both Reload & Quickdraw, on Sunday he took down the Major, on Monday & Tuesday he made finals galore, then hit another double last night, winning both Turbo & MidEx as well as 5th in the Main. A quite remarkable streak by any standards.

Tim Tim Timmy, who won this the previous night/morning, was 4th.

Meanwhile, Monday's Marksman main winner Fishdog77 finalled MidEx for the 2nd time in 3 nights. One to keep an eye on, Timeform have given him a P.

@Arrogant 192000 1 £192 + £161.57 Head Prizes 8

@SGK1968 0 2 £128 + £88.27 Head Prizes 9

@stetrfc 0 3 £76.80 + £24.38 Head Prizes 3

@TimmyRaRa 0 4 £64 + £47.47 Head Prizes 5

@FishDog77 0 5 £51.20 + £26.26 Head Prizes 3

@POKEOFFU 0 6 £41.60 + £7.50 Head Prizes 1
    Hi Tikay, just randomly looking back at the forum, it says timeform had given me a P, what does this mean? Hope youre well. Thanks, Fishdog
    I think he is MIA.

Small p – Likely to improve Large P – Capable of much better (massive improver)
    A Complete Guide to TimeForm Ratings & Statistics (Horse Racing)
    Hi there, Thank you so much for replying! really appreciate the insight! :smile:
  • Options
    bbMike said:

So given it’s been a couple of years, was the form guide right?

Haha im not actually to sure! i think ive done ok for someone who just enjoys a game on the midnight tournament now and again :smile:
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264

@FishDog77

Ha, helluva "bump" that, from two years ago.

It's all been explained now by @Doooobs now, but I was just attempting to be whimsical & suggesting, in horse racing parlance, that you were one to keep an eye on.

A big "P" is very much a compliment, whereas, as @Doooobs explained, a squiggle is one who is not to be trusted & is something of a rogue with a mind of it's own. @HAYSIE is a great example of that.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,039
    Tikay10 said:

@FishDog77

Ha, helluva "bump" that, from two years ago.

It's all been explained now by @Doooobs now, but I was just attempting to be whimsical & suggesting, in horse racing parlance, that you were one to keep an eye on.

A big "P" is very much a compliment, whereas, as @Doooobs explained, a squiggle is one who is not to be trusted & is something of a rogue with a mind of it's own. @HAYSIE is a great example of that.

Well thank God for that.
    Its all gone pear shaped in your absence.
    Hope you had a good time.
    I will make an attempt to think of something that you are a good example of, but you probably need to give me a couple of weeks.