You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

its going to get much worse

2»

Comments

• Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,734
    I deliberately ignored the point of the rich wanting to kill us all off, I done that cause it’s a bit too far up the conspiracy pyramid for my mind. And as u can see I do enjoy a wee bit conspiracy level thinking :))

I mean do you really believe that? That rich people en mass have no human feelings, like guilt, empathy etc…..it’s a bit of a stretch, sure a certain percentage of them will be bad eggs, but some of them are just like you or me or even better, nicer, kinder and more helpful, one image that comes to mind, is princess diana cuddling all those kids in Africa who had HIV. Just cause people are rich doesn’t make them monsters :).
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,576

I deliberately ignored the point of the rich wanting to kill us all off, I done that cause it’s a bit too far up the conspiracy pyramid for my mind. And as u can see I do enjoy a wee bit conspiracy level thinking :))

I mean do you really believe that? That rich people en mass have no human feelings, like guilt, empathy etc…..it’s a bit of a stretch, sure a certain percentage of them will be bad eggs, but some of them are just like you or me or even better, nicer, kinder and more helpful, one image that comes to mind, is princess diana cuddling all those kids in Africa who had HIV. Just cause people are rich doesn’t make them monsters :).

no i am not utterly illogical I dont believe all rich people are evil. I mean I like to think that if by whatever means I became rich I would not suddenly turn evil and lose all empathy.

However when you look at how many of the ultra rich and world leaders behave it is clear they do not value human life or have much concern for the masses other then how they can be used to serve their own ends.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    How’s the popcorn @PaintedOne ?

I dunno @Doubleme, sure there are examples in the world where stuff ain’t so good, but in modern democracies the people have chosen the leader, the people are very unlikely to choose someone who is making their life worse……

Anyway did you watch those AI videos I posted. That’s much more interesting to discuss imo.
  • Options

How’s the popcorn @PaintedOne ?

I dunno @Doubleme, sure there are examples in the world where stuff ain’t so good, but in modern democracies the people have chosen the leader, the people are very unlikely to choose someone who is making their life worse……

Anyway did you watch those AI videos I posted. That’s much more interesting to discuss imo.

Putin does not care about the lives of the masses only his own ends.
    Kim Jon Un cares about his power only not his people.
    Xi JIng Pin does would see masses of his people die if in his own interest.
    Now you think I am only going to focus on Rogue states?

do you think Boris Jonson, Rishi Sunuk or Tony Blair cared/ care about the working class what about George Bush or Donald Trump, do you think Joe Biden cares? I mean the last one is unfair because he is not capable of understanding to care he has full blown dementia whether he Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump is the best choice out of the three could be a topic for a lot of debate but they are all absolutely awful and this is the choice we are given?

In most work places I have worked in nearly everyone would be a better candidate, of course its the few that would not which are more likely to be candidates for Prime Minister in the future.

AI is very interesting, it will likely never reach the point to make all humans redundant because it is more likely that most of us will be wiped out in nuclear war before then. After this AI will do the work for the few that survive. the few rich and powerful who have the nuclear bunkers and the alert before hand.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    The rogue states sure, but it’s all about perception with rogue states, one man’s terrorist is another’s freedom fighter. Depends what side of the fence u sit on :) the USA is a strange place, they are pure capitalism, profit rules, one thing I do believe tho people voted for trump because Obama ended as a disappointment, they voted Biden cause trump appeared chaotic, and if trump runs again you will find out if life was better with him in charge despite all the crazy rants.
    Edit;
    One thing in USA about choice the ppl r given, the people chose who they want to represent the party, all u need to do is become a member, u get a vote. Then in the election the masses pick :) btw this is a tough reply cause I’m on my phone not laptop, it’s hard typing on yer phone and trying to follow a thought!

As for the uk stuff, each of the people you mention started of well and then let it slide, as their egos became too big and they believed their own hype, that’s why they all lost the next general election….or got replaced by their party.

I think labour generally care more, and after years of Tory tough love, people always eventually need a break, so we get labour for a few years until the workers get unhappy at the layabouts abusing the system……the refugees getting too much…..all stuff like that and then too much waste as idiots are hired to organise stuff and then tax always starts appearing too high……so tory right wing thinking starts to become popular again and tough love starts all over…….it’s just an endless cycle every 8 to 12 years……

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yv5xonFSC4c&pp=ygUacmVkZW1wdGlvbiBzb25nIGJvYiBtYXJsZXk%3D

We will see AI take over, it will solve all the problems for humans, imagine 5000 times more intelligent than Albert Einstein, there won’t be any mysteries left everything will be solved haha.

• Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    popcorn good cheers, first point , ubi will defo come in and as quick as they can get it in , even though i agree that there is a mass cull taking place which will not cease its a slow process, ubi will come out as they want you linked up to digital i.d , the money wont be cash and they will be able to say how you can spend it eventually if not straight away but probably let lots of people drink themselves to near death first as they will be so bored sitting at home on there arses in there other halves company pmsl . im even making a bold prediction that this will be the last full season of the premier league if it makes a full season at all.
  • Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    also remember politics is just a show for the masses , gives them something to talk about , there all liars until they bring out a planned medical experiment it seems , weird bunch the fully programmed

they select we don't elect , who would choose any of them representatives , no one whatso ever ever

put there to do a job , even that little liz truss episode .
    the great pedo protector himself will be the next pm i bet lol

the thing is they talk about it openly what they think of us and what they are going to do to us and they do that so you know and that gives them a clear conscious, the peoples apathy is there biggest downfall and that has been programmed into them for years all building up to this point alongside the destruction of the family unit and the feminisation of men since the nineties.

they even planned convid , its out there , you can watch it , but people still believed it because the constant battering from the machine , destroyed the peoples minds now they are destroying there sad existences

look at the death rate since the jab roll out , its through the roof every week compared to before and the people have been so descentasized they just don't give a **** , no empathy at all , they don't even realise

they substitute it with appealing to authority and virtue signalling
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    I've nothing against a good conspiracy theory. The trouble is, most conspiracy theories are just naive.

Let's start with whether the mega-rich care about you and me. Of course they do. For the very simple reason that, without us, they wouldn't be mega-rich.

In order for the massive corporations to get rich, they need our money.

Look at your regular bills. No-one owns the internet-but you will still be charged every month to be allowed to access it. Similarly, you will be charged for the privilege of accessing the world's resources. Water, gas, electricity. They are the planet's resources-but, at some stage, they got given to Big Business. Charges are not based on their cost of extraction or the cost of reducing waste-just whatever they think they can charge.

Look at Banks. Make money from only lending money to those who don't really need it. Interest on your current account-0%. But every time you use a card, the prices are higher because the seller is charged by the Bank for your money being received. Yet Credit Card rates were 20%+ even when inflation was 0%.

Without our taxes, Central and Local Government would not be able to spend vast amounts on things that don't actually provide any benefit. To us, that is. As opposed to big business.

We will always have just enough money to continue to exist, while ensuring multi-billionaires remain multi-billionaires.

That's why AI will never take over the World. Because the people have to buy it and fund it.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    edited September 2023
    Thanks Phil was getting a bit depressed there with " I Robot " & 2001 switching life supports off........Eeeeeek !
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
    "OPEN THE POD BAY DOORS HAL"
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @Essexphil

I agree with you, Phil, apart from the last part.

It won't be the people who buy it; it will be big business. Take Amazon, for example. In its warehouse, it will prove cheaper long-term to use robots. The initial cost may be high, but in the long run, they are saving on stuff like wages and pensions or healthcare (in some parts of the world). It will be cheaper for them to run with AI machines. The problem for them comes when the 'people' it 'needs' to buy products no longer have any money because they ain't employed anymore.

In the past, with innovation/inventions, people have been able to retrain, and new jobs have risen. The AI problem is that every job could be swallowed up, from answering phones to cleaning, to accounting, and driving.

In our capitalist world, it's all about making profit, as you already know. If you could run a billion-pound company with three employees, instead of three thousand, you are gonna do it because it maximizes profit.

The next few years will definitely be telling. How this is gonna pan out is anybody's guess. I am pretty excited about AI; its potential for good is massive. I have been reading and watching stuff about AI, as well as using it for around a year, and I see a huge increase in its abilities over the last six months. There is some stuff out there that is mind-blowing.

If you haven't chatted to GPT-4, I highly recommend giving it a go; it really does appear human. Go have a wee conversation with Microsoft Bing's search engine AI; it's amazing how inquisitive and human-like it has become, it even has favourite songs and poems.

I get how people are skeptical about the whole AI taking over; there is a bit of me that feels this way too. But seeing where we are today, it's looking like a real possibility in the not-so-distant future, imo.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494

"OPEN THE POD BAY DOORS HAL"

Sorry can't do that .... I know I've not been myself lately but I assure you I will improve...
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    If a AI bot ever delivers owt to my door i'll kick it in the nuts....and bolts :p
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

I've nothing against a good conspiracy theory. The trouble is, most conspiracy theories are just naive.

Let's start with whether the mega-rich care about you and me. Of course they do. For the very simple reason that, without us, they wouldn't be mega-rich.

In order for the massive corporations to get rich, they need our money.

Look at your regular bills. No-one owns the internet-but you will still be charged every month to be allowed to access it. Similarly, you will be charged for the privilege of accessing the world's resources. Water, gas, electricity. They are the planet's resources-but, at some stage, they got given to Big Business. Charges are not based on their cost of extraction or the cost of reducing waste-just whatever they think they can charge.

Look at Banks. Make money from only lending money to those who don't really need it. Interest on your current account-0%. But every time you use a card, the prices are higher because the seller is charged by the Bank for your money being received. Yet Credit Card rates were 20%+ even when inflation was 0%.

Without our taxes, Central and Local Government would not be able to spend vast amounts on things that don't actually provide any benefit. To us, that is. As opposed to big business.

We will always have just enough money to continue to exist, while ensuring multi-billionaires remain multi-billionaires.

That's why AI will never take over the World. Because the people have to buy it and fund it.

The thing is I cannot say when AI will replace a specific job because I dont know. How could I know? However every job is able to be replaced by robots/AI. My mobile phone which is **** and I hate supposedly has more computing power then what took man to the moon in the 69. How much would all the computing power of NASA have cost in 69?

I got my phone for £75, what costs a lot today may well cost a lot less in the future in terms of tech.

Some jobs may be easier and less costly then others for AI/Robots to replace. However unless the robots/AI decides to refuse to work demand rights and goes on strike which would be funny, it will eventually be cheaper to replace every job with robots/AI.

when that happens and the masses have no economic production value why keep them around? why subsidize and give them money so that they can give the money back buying products? I mean sure if your like me and value human life have empathy and care about other human beings sure.

However if your purely cynical and acting in your own self interest no they are costly to support fuel pollution, unpleasant to have around. So why not cull them all?

• Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    in a Minnesota 'minute'
    It is (ABOUT)too get (very) Up close, and Personal. R. E. A. L.

• Options
    any one seen GTO wizard's AI bot, it plays perfectly........has a win rate of 19.4BB per hour. rather impressive.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    Anybody stayed at a hotel with robot staff doing the luggage runs and room service? Very creepy.
  • Options
    @Bean81 ive seen videos of restaurants where the waiters r all robots, sure it was from Japan.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AAwuvLEkXo

zen grab, AI road side camera, 6months caught 5000 folk breaking the law......spooky stuff, thats real big brother tech! and another computer ai, that can smell. mental.

some ai tools to play with;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QAa27eFSEA
  • Options