You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

MH370 co-pilot 'only person left alive and flew ghost plane on his own for hours'

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
    Being an aviation nut in general and a keen student of air crash and aircraft anomalies I have followed MH370 with great interest.

Three things to say on this particular matter.

Firstly, when an aeroplane, any aeroplane crashes in a remote Cambodian jungle, components of the wings do not wash up on Indonesian beaches.

Secondly, Boeing 777's are big aircraft. Bigger than the one on the google image, which incidently has a different profile to a 777.

Finally, the supposed plane in the jungle appears to have come down relatively intact. planes crashing in dense jungle tend, by and large, to be pretty well obliterated. especially large jet liners.

There is something very disturbing about the case of MH370, but whether its a cover up by a government, a military power or the airline itself, somebody somewhere knows the truth.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512

Being an aviation nut in general and a keen student of air crash and aircraft anomalies I have followed MH370 with great interest.

Firstly, when an aeroplane, any aeroplane crashes in a remote Cambodian jungle, components of the wings do not wash up on Indonesian beaches.

Secondly, Boeing 777's are big aircraft. Bigger than the one on the google image, which incidently has a different profile to a 777.

Finally, the supposed plane in the jungle appears to have come down relatively intact. planes crashing in dense jungle tend, by and large, to be pretty well obliterated. especially large jet liners.

There is something very disturbing about the case of MH370, but whether its a cover up by a government, a military power or the airline itself, somebody somewhere knows the truth.

Considering I hate flying, I'm also a bit of a plane nerd. I agree with all of this.

I now want to crack open Flight Sim.
  • Options
    Bean81 said:

Considering I hate flying, I'm also a bit of a plane nerd. I agree with all of this.

I now want to crack open Flight Sim.
    Why do you hate flying ?.

Is it all the hassle of the blooming check in, passport control, security checks etc.

Or is it the though of being at 35,000 and NOT flying that you hate?.

The first is a hatred of Airports and procedure not a hatred of flying.

The second is a fear of crashing, which is perfectly normal, it's not a fear of flying.

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,043

He Is an International Wreck Hunter Who Claims to Have Found Pieces of Missing MH370. But After Receiving Death Threats, He Went Into Hiding — and Vows It’s Part of a Smear Campaign to Silence the Truth.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/he-is-an-international-wreck-hunter-who-claims-to-have-found-pieces-of-missing-mh370-but-after-receiving-death-threats-he-went-into-hiding-and-vows-it-s-part-of-a-smear-campaign-to-silence-the-truth/ar-AA1ggvBN?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c9df2ce0e14545c29b7078810603e603&ei=37
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264

"He Is an International Wreck Hunter Who Claims to Have Found Pieces of Missing MH370. But After Receiving Death Threats, He Went Into Hiding — and Vows It’s Part of a Smear Campaign to Silence the Truth."

In other words, another conspiracy theory nutjob.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    He speaks the plane truth ;)
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    It's mostly the crashing thing, with some control freak issues and not enjoying being cooped up thrown in. That and I find being up high really disorientating.

The crashing thing was helped a lot by watching Air Crash Investigation and MS Flight Sim.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

"He Is an International Wreck Hunter Who Claims to Have Found Pieces of Missing MH370. But After Receiving Death Threats, He Went Into Hiding — and Vows It’s Part of a Smear Campaign to Silence the Truth."

In other words, another conspiracy theory nutjob.

Adventurer Gibson set off to find debris from the crash after consulting with oceanographers at the University of Western Australia (UWA) who mapped ocean currents to pinpoint where the debris was likely to wash up. Today he is arguably the world’s most famous beachcomber, having found or recovered from locals 22 pieces of debris, 18 of which are recorded in the official accident investigation as being "likely or almost certainly" from the airplane.

Gibson’s discoveries are an important part of the puzzle confirming UWA’s studies and reinforcing other evidence, including satellite and radar data, that points to the wreckage being somewhere in the Indian Ocean. Importantly his finds help inform search criteria and dispel some of the more outlandish theories that have taken hold in the factual vacuum surrounding the mystery.
  • Options
    MH370: The Plane That Disappeared | Official Trailer | Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDg0m2Q3H8c
  • Options
    There are anomalies that we can't reconcile at the moment, and maybe never will.

The planes system continued to handshake with tracking satellites long after conventional communication was lost. Suggesting that the transponder and the radios were either turned off, disabled by outside forces or malfunctioned. These handshakes tell us that the plane was in the air but does not provide geographical information. The handshakes stopped about the time the fuel load would have been exhausted.

Relatives in Malaysia are adamant that loved ones mobile phones continued to ring out for several days after the plane disappeared. (This questions whether the plane went down in water). Water and especially salt water would completely disable most mobiles within 24 hours, so are they mistaken in their grief and desperately clinging to hope or did the plane make landfall.

Despite evidence to the contrary the Malaysian authorities steadfastly maintain that the Captain had no personal or financial worries thus completely refuting any allegation that this was a deliberate action. Investigators found that his marriage was shot to pieces, he was in debt and that he was living as a loner with a home simulator which had the very flight route but was overlayed with diversionary courses to nowhere in particular, which would be a red flag to many. Airline Captains in that part of the world are respected very highly in their communities.

Several Countries are very sensitive about that part of the world and yet no military or intelligence organisation had eyes or ears on at that particular time. Sorry don't buy that one. China, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, The USA, Korea, etc. all have economic or strategic resources in that very large part of the world and you can bet your life that somebody saw or heard something.

The amount of possibilities is the very thing driving the conspiracy theories and the more credence they are given the more the publicity seekers emerge. However Mr. Gibson's claims have at least some credulity to them in that pieces of leading edge material were washed up on an Indonesian beach and were identified as coming from a Boeing 777. The film of the recovery of these went live all over the world on prime time news.

So there's just enough evidence to have several theories. Based on previous similar situations I feel it's one of three.

The plane was deliberately taken off course and flown until it ran out of fuel and crashed by a member of the flight crew. The reason for taking it to where it would probably never be found is that with no evidence to the contrary all life insurance policies on the Captain would be settled.

The plane was downed either by an internal or external explosion. Theories range from the aircraft carrying intelligence/cargo of a nature too sensitive to be allowed to reach Beijing to mistaken identity by a military power.

The plane simply suffered a series of failures which corrupted the ability of the plane to fly and crashed somewhere in the Southern Indian Ocean.

March 8th next year marks the 10th anniversary, it would be nice if the relatives of those lost could get some form of definitive conclusion if only so they can finally get closure.

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    Those 3 theories are not the only ones. But they all have a certain plausibility.

What does not help is people like Gibson making enormous leaps of faith based on little more than a hunch, and trying to present it as the only possible solution, in order to get enormous free advertising.
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,734

why dont they just use the black box to find out what happened, every other crash in history, they always tell us, we will get the black box and then know, why is this one any different?
  • Options

why dont they just use the black box to find out what happened, every other crash in history, they always tell us, we will get the black box and then know, why is this one any different?

@green_beer

They have to find the so-called "black box" first, & it'll be in or near the aircraft. Which they can't find.
  • Options
    @Tikay10 i thought haysie posted they found the plane in a jungle, 1st post on this page, and edge said but the wings where in an ocean...2nd post.

surely they have it.

• Options

@Tikay10 i thought haysie posted they found the plane in a jungle, 1st post on this page, and edge said but the wings where in an ocean...2nd post.

surely they have it.

@green_beer

No, he never found it as such. He claimed he had seen it on google Maps.

"A British tech expert has claimed to have found the missing MH370 plane after spending "hours" scanning Google Maps.

Ian Wilson believes the remains of the doomed flight are lying deep in a jungle in Cambodia.

Citing a "green and dark" spot in the jungle, he claims it represents the missing plane."
  • Options
    @Tikay10

lol, guess thats why you should never read headlines, that boys obviously been smoking some good stuff, spotting a green thing in the jungle haha, thats pretty funny.
  • Options
    FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2023
    This is the flight that allegedly had four company employees that had invented and patented something ( the fifth patentee being the company ) that would "change the world" and were on a tour talking about it with the companys permission. The story is a systems check found a complete download had been made of this worldchanger and the FBI were called in.

The download was on it's way to china and now the clandestine services were aware of it's nature and potential for military use, there was no way that info was getting to china.

Funny thing with USA patents, if any joint patentee's die, everything is left to the sole surving name on the patent, in this case the company the four worked for.

Swear to you all, i aint got a tin foil hat ( well maybe a small one :) ) but something about this aint kosher.
  • Options
    Well that puts the Diego Garcia "Airbase" back into play. If that's an ordinary run of the mill US airbase then I'm the answer to the ultimate question.
  • Options
    FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 175

Well that puts the Diego Garcia "Airbase" back into play. If that's an ordinary run of the mill US airbase then I'm the answer to the ultimate question.

@TheEdge949 Feeeling this comment mate, i think 5 or 6 relatives as a minimum of the passengers, had "track my phone" and everyone's last position was Diego.

Think the septics messed up here but what do they care,everyones getting rich.