You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

No trick or treaters allowed here, the Orfordable League is more important- with added prizes

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,032
edited November 2023 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2023 Orfordable League, November Week 1 of 4

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm ยฃ11 BH on December 1st 2023

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: ยฃ3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1:November 3rd- Winner:

Week 2: November 10th- Winner:

Week 3: November 17th- Winner:

Week 4: November 24th- Winner:

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm ยฃ11 BH on Friday December 1st 2023
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm ยฃ11 BH on Friday December 1st 2023

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm ยฃ11 BH on Friday December 1st 2023
ยซ1

Comments

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well.
    Here we are again, at the start of yet another month for the Orfordable League, with another two prizes available for everyone to try and win.
    Congratulations go to our prizewinners for September @Asho28 & @HENDRIK62, who will be entered into tonight's 9.30pm ยฃ11 BH. I am certain that both will do their best, and hopefuly, win some free money, the very best of luck to both. Also, good luck to everyone who plays tonight. Here is the autoreg list

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    Hey folks
    I'm in hospital atm I've had a stroke :o
    But I'm going home today so I'll be playing tonight
    I'm still a bit dizzy and need walking aids but it looks that I will recover fully, I have to stop smoking other than that I'm gonna carry on regardless
    Love Sean ๐Ÿ’“
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,238

@stokefc

Oh my Sean, that's a bit of a shock, thank goodness you seem to be recovering well.

Please take it easy mate.
  • Options
    BoxsterBoxster Member Posts: 4,461
    stokefc said:

Hey folks
    ๐Ÿ’“

Get well soon mate
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    Can't play tonight. My 60th birthday bash so having a few bevvies.

The thing runs between 5.30 and 10.00 because of grandkids (they have to vacate at 10.00)

The current spread is 11 - 12 pints.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    stokefc said:

Hey folks
    I'm still a bit dizzy and need walking aids but it looks that I will recover fully, I have to stop smoking other than that I'm gonna carry on regardless
    Love Sean ๐Ÿ’“

**** nora Sean, hope you take it easy now mate. Take care of yaself yoth!
  • Options
    @stokefc Wow Sean, get well soon mate (& stop watching Stoke, for a while at least)
    @TheEdge949 have a great time Mark, oh! & Happy 60th mate
  • Options
    _burnsy__burnsy_ Member Posts: 2
    hello, please could I register for the league :)
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited October 2023
    stokefc said:

Hey folks
    Love Sean ๐Ÿ’“

Thatโ€™s awful news, Sean
    Thank god youโ€™re ok
    Full recovery quickly please
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    stokefc said:

Hey folks
    Love Sean ๐Ÿ’“

best of luck in your recovery
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    SidV79 said:

Here we are again, at the start of yet another month for the Orfordable League, with another two prizes available for everyone to try and win.
    Congratulations go to our prizewinners for September @Asho28 & @HENDRIK62, who will be entered into tonight's 9.30pm ยฃ11 BH. I am certain that both will do their best, and hopefuly, win some free money, the very best of luck to both. Also, good luck to everyone who plays tonight. Here is the autoreg list

probably be watching TV at 9.31 but hey ho :smiley:
  • Options
    _burnsy_ said:

hello, please could I register for the league :)

HI @_burnsy_ , in answer to your question, you most certainly can join the League so I would like to welcome you to the Orfordable League. I shall add you to the list once I have finished playing tonight and you will be able to see your score/position when I post in here an Saturday morning, when I do a report. Anyway, good luck for tonight

Andy
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    @stokefc get well soon mate
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    stokefc said:

Hey folks
    Love Sean ๐Ÿ’“

Very sorry to hear mate. Take it easy and hope you're better soon.
  • Options
    stokefc said:

Hey folks
    Love Sean ๐Ÿ’“

Fkn **** mate, please take care of yourself.
  • Options

The thing runs between 5.30 and 10.00 because of grandkids (they have to vacate at 10.00)

14 pints of pedigree and 4 double Glenvlivits. Feeling good, had a great night car and keys at pub will collect in the morning, well maybe afternoon.

Gonna get ready for my personal challenge, look out for 6,000 for 70 at 60 in the rail starting Monday. @stokefc thoughts and prayers are going out for you Sean.
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, another week passes us by. There were 38 players starting last night, with 17 being Orfy regged, and of those, 5 made the FT.
    For the third consecutive week. and fourth in five weeks, @THEHERDEIE made the FT, this time finishing in 8th place to sit in 5th place overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    September Week 2 was the last time that, our favourite Inspector, @gogogadget made the FT, but he put his appearance to good use by finishing in 5th place, and is now in 4th overall, well played Mr Gogo.
    Making his fourth FT appearance in the last six weeks, whilst winning last months' League, I have no doubt that @Asho28 was trying to win back to back Orfys buit on this occasion could only manage a third place last night to leave him in third overall, well played Ash.
    Four weeks ago was the last time that @Boxster made a FT where he finished in sixth place but last night he finished in 2nd place, meaning he is now 2nd in the League, well played Boxy.
    Week 3 of last month was the last time that @Toffeeandy played the Orfy, where he finished in 8th place but he put that behind him by taking the win last night to leave him sitting proudly atop the League, congratulations on the win and very well played Andy.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week.
    Here is the League table after October Week 1

• Options
    This is Week 2 (of 4) for October so there is ample time for anyone to take a prize this month. With it being tight at the top of the League, it is going to be interesting to see if those incumbents can hold on to their current places, or will there be different playrs in those spots? I shall not make any predictions but I do wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck. Here ids the autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, almost time to get your thermals on methinks. We had 32 players taking part last night, with exactly half being Orfy regged, so to get 6 of us on the FT is a darn good show, in my opinion anyway.
    Making a first Orfy appearance since March Week 1, @Angmar2626 made his appearance count by finishing in 5th place last night, welcome back Angmar & well played.
    A first FT of the month went the way of @fredsgirl who took home the FT wooden spoon in 10th place, leaving her in 9th overall, well played Paula.
    Another first FT of the month saw @weecheez1 claiming 6th place last night and is now 8th overall, well played cheez.
    Also making a first FT this month, I was our highest placed finisher in 2nd, which propelled me up into 7th overall.
    Last weeks' 2nd @Boxster and 3rd @Asho28 overall are now in 3rd and 4th due to two players both making their second FT's of the month.
    After finishing in 8th place last week, @THEHERDEIE went one better by taking 7th last night, which has moved him up the League by three places into 2nd overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    Still sitting at the top of the League after finishing in 8th place last night is last week's winner, @Toffeeandy , well played and keep up the good work Andy.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week. Here is the updated League after October Week 2

• Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
    SidV79 said:

Good morning Orfy folk, almost time to get your thermals on methinks. We had 32 players taking part last night, with exactly half being Orfy regged, so to get 6 of us on the FT is a darn good show, in my opinion anyway.
    Making a first Orfy appearance since March Week 1, @Angmar2626 made his appearance count by finishing in 5th place last night, welcome back Angmar & well played.
    A first FT of the month went the way of @fredsgirl who took home the FT wooden spoon in 10th place, leaving her in 9th overall, well played Paula.
    Another first FT of the month saw @weecheez1 claiming 6th place last night and is now 8th overall, well played cheez.
    Also making a first FT this month, I was our highest placed finisher in 2nd, which propelled me up into 7th overall.
    Last weeks' 2nd @Boxster and 3rd @Asho28 overall are now in 3rd and 4th due to two players both making their second FT's of the month.
    After finishing in 8th place last week, @THEHERDEIE went one better by taking 7th last night, which has moved him up the League by three places into 2nd overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    Still sitting at the top of the League after finishing in 8th place last night is last week's winner, @Toffeeandy , well played and keep up the good work Andy.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week. Here is the updated League after October Week 2

You're not wrong re the weather @SidV79 , I was out golfing at 8am this morning at sunny Uphall and it was 3 degrees when I teed off, baltic!