You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Card Games

NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 854
When the UKOPs is on I always make an effort to play the PLO8 and PLO events and they always seem to get a few runners. I know you like a nice bit of Omaha Tikay. Would you say there is a space in the schedule for a medium buy-in PLO or PLO8 game or both? What day would you put it on and what would you make the buy-in?

Comments

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    PLO8 has been promoted on here, which is good. But agreed, a regular medium buy-in game would be nice. No need for a guarantee, IMO.

PLO has not really been boosted since the days of the James Hartigan's Omaha League games. I would like to see the same as above for this format too.

Played the PLO APAT game at the weekend @ DTD. I did enjoy it. I did not cash (shock!)
  • Options
    Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 278
    would personally love a PLO bounty game. not hi lo just regular 4 card PLO. there currently isnt any.
  • Options
    JessieakJessieak Member Posts: 9
    I agree , I would play Omaha or Hi/Low for sure 7pm , 10 min clock ,prefer none bounty would be good ,
  • Options
    235467235467 Member Posts: 17
    Huge +1 from me
  • Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    and me
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,475
    NChanning said:

When the UKOPs is on I always make an effort to play the PLO8 and PLO events and they always seem to get a few runners. I know you like a nice bit of Omaha Tikay. Would you say there is a space in the schedule for a medium buy-in PLO or PLO8 game or both? What day would you put it on and what would you make the buy-in?

@NChanning

Personally, yes, &'d be in favour, & for me, probably one of each (PLO & PLO8). I'd also suggest they were BH's, not because I like them - I don't - but because that's what the youngsters want these days.

Buy-In? Probably, a fiver, tenner tops, with maybe a weekly "biggie" at £20.

When? Tuesday/Thursday or similar, & if a "biggie" found favour, have that on Sunday.

Luckily for all concerned - especially Sky Poker & @Sky__James I don't & can't make these decisions, as I'd likely bin all the NLH stuff.

Anyway, I'll send the thread up to James in the morning.

• Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,744
    Imo poker tourneys should always be staggered prices

£2 £5 £10

Then £20 £50 £100

£250 £500 £1000

All the games should run at those stakes.

If the £5:50 and £11 quid games cost £5 and £10 total, they would get more runners…..that extra bit of rake taking it over the whole number puts ppl off, esp at the low end, that’s why every thing in shops cost .99p it’s the way the brain is wired.

after £50 games they can be any price only the real poker people are playing them anyway.

They should have mixed games and some limit games, I always think the sky players would love a limit holdem tourney…….same with Hilo they really should have limit 08 and no limit games as well.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,475

@green_beer

LIMIT games?

How old are you Mr Beer?

PS - FWIW, I agree, but I can't imagine the youngsters would take to Limit... Or even Pot Limit NLH for that matter. Proper game is pot limit. But again, right out of favour these days.
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,744
    edited January 17
    @Tikay10 haha, for the record im just under 40 and i love the limit games...... limit holdem is amazing the people who play the low stakes here would defo like it...... and 08 in limit format is outstanding imo esp as a heads up game...... i love all the games in horse and 8game.... that to me is poker.....
  • Options
    I was thinking one of each PLO8 and PLO a week, maybe a tenner or £15. Wouldn't want to tread on the toes of the fiver PLO8. 7pm sounds good, maybe on the quieter nights.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    NChanning said:

I was thinking one of each PLO8 and PLO a week, maybe a tenner or £15. Wouldn't want to tread on the toes of the fiver PLO8. 7pm sounds good, maybe on the quieter nights.

And there's the problem Neil , well not a problem if there is no gtd because it won't hurt Sky , numbers would be low
  • Options
    Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 278
    Tikay10 said:

NChanning said:

@NChanning

Personally, yes, &'d be in favour, & for me, probably one of each (PLO & PLO8). I'd also suggest they were BH's, not because I like them - I don't - but because that's what the youngsters want these days.

Buy-In? Probably, a fiver, tenner tops, with maybe a weekly "biggie" at £20.

When? Tuesday/Thursday or similar, & if a "biggie" found favour, have that on Sunday.

Luckily for all concerned - especially Sky Poker & @Sky__James I don't & can't make these decisions, as I'd likely bin all the NLH stuff.

Anyway, I'll send the thread up to James in the morning.

47 but i prefer bounties but glad i am now classed as a 'youngster'
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,277
    I like PLO8 :) and would try and support any higher buy in MTTs (except at weekends, when I'm rarely allowed to play) :( .
  • Options
    spearsy136spearsy136 Member Posts: 115
    Yeah plo bounty would be great.
  • Options
    lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    i would like to see some more plo8 tournaments like £2.20 b/h rebuy £11 b/h and a freeroll would help get more playing the game

i would run a league again if that helps
  • Options
    You think numbers would be low Stokey? I thought numbers have been pretty strong recently and that the new 7.35pm £10 Bounty Hunter shows there is a bit of a gap in the early evening schedule. I'm not suggesting 100 people will play a PLO tournament every night but I'd be shocked if once a week a £10 one couldn't get 25 players. I actually think £15 is quite a good price point as it could bring in a slightly different group of players who play the bigger events.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,013
    A nightly PLO and PLO8 MTTs with a buy-in above £5.50 would be great.

The nightly £5.50 PLO8 took quite some time to become firmly established. Consequently, a £10 or £15 looks ideal.

I love PLO8. However, being only 61, I'm not yet old enough to be a devotee of PLO ;)
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    edited January 18
    Run the nightly freeroll at different games each week.... everyone could try a game they just might fall in love with for free!

Almost all play the freeroll with a gambling attitude anyway, the youngsters minds may be blown by high variance games getting lucky.... afterall, this is what the games are geared to online these days, catering for youngsters demand for action. If they havent ever played omaha/hi lo, they are unlikely to buy in for a UKOPS, much more likely if they have been playing it via the freeroll.

It would be a great promotion for variations of the games.

Oh and lets get Razz on Sky!
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528

The 'super six' freeroll on a Saturday used be PLO. That used to be fun......ish.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,013
    edited January 18
    TheWaddy said:

Run the nightly freeroll at different games each week.... everyone could try a game they just might fall in love with for free!

Totally agree

Almost all play the freeroll with a gambling attitude anyway, the youngsters minds may be blown by high variance games getting lucky.... afterall, this is what the games are geared to online these days, catering for youngsters demand for action. If they havent ever played omaha/hi lo, they are unlikely to buy in for a UKOPS, much more likely if they have been playing it via the freeroll.

You call it a "gambling attitude". Whereas it is just the way the game has evolved. It's not as simple as you want it to be-losing players may want more/quicker action. But winning players want to increase their hourly, and poker sites want to make money quicker. As an example, I prefer Test Cricket. But more people prefer T-20. Doesn't make them wrong. Agree about the UKOPS-except that a lot of the best MTT-ers enter for bragging rights and/or leaderboard points

It would be a great promotion for variations of the games.

Agree

Oh and lets get Razz on Sky!

I love Razz. But I fear the software is unable to support it. Would love it were it possible