You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Card Games

13»

Comments

• Options
    DONN001DONN001 Member Posts: 702
    A PL08 LEAGUE WOULD ENTICE MORE INTEREST AND HOPEFULLY MORE PLAYERS FOR LARGER GAMES
  • Options
    daggers747daggers747 Member Posts: 188
    PLO8 Saturday or Sunday for me. Agree with Phil 8.18 a nice time to start.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    A pint or a Starbucks cost more than £5? Wtaf!
  • Options
    235467235467 Member Posts: 17
    Tikay10 said:

235467 said:

Personally, I'd like those as a double header on a Friday or Saturday night :)

@235467

Ha, that was the last suggestion I expected.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but a double header on same night?

I play both & love both, but I think playing PLO & PLO8 simultaneously would be a recipe for disaster for many, would it not?
    Like I said, personally. But I'm weird. You are right though - wouldn't help growth :)
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 854
    I tend to think that putting them on a night that isn't already busy would be a good idea. I notice a few people suggesting Sunday but isn't that just a night when people who play hold-'em but might try something new are busy playing hold-'em and people that might pop in to visit from other sites are busy on other sites?

I'm not sure if this is definitely the right order and I wouold love someone to correct the order if it's wrong but my guess on the busiest to the quietest nights on Sky Poker would be Sunday/Friday/Tuesday/Saturday/Thursday/Wednesday/Monday. If one of the tournaments is to be on the weekend I'd choose Saturday and if one is in the week I'd go for Thursday but I'm happy to be told why I am wrong.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    Let's hope these Omaha tournies perform well , i didn't realize numbers for PLO and PL08 were so robust so apologise to my OP
    I always think and remember when new tournaments are suggested on the forum and get implemented seem to do well at first the gradually drop off , remember the 22 deepy.
    I really hope they take off and the numbers improve , the more players playing is only good for everyone , played Sky
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    Essexphil said:

TheWaddy said:

Glad u agree with parts, but a little surprised that you say that the £1k freeroll is played out the same as a high buy in tournament. Oh come on now...... I think you didnt want to be seen as to agree with me on everything there, it wouldnt be a good look would it! ;);)o:)

Not as surprised as I am. I said no such thing :)

Would be good if it could be established whether Razz would be possible with the current software
    Just say you got the wrong end of the stick, instead of no such thing!

The Waddy said: Run the nightly freeroll at different games each week..... Almost all play the freeroll with a gambling attitude anyway

EssexPhil said: You call it a "gambling attitude". Whereas it is just the way the game has evolved.

• Options
    JessieakJessieak Member Posts: 9
    For a number of reasons I think Wednesday and Thursday would be good ,Monday too quiet ,other days have more going on that might detract a little. As for myself, my volume has dropped a little recently for personal reasons that some are aware of, I hope to be online a bit more in a few weeks. PLO and PLO8 would perhaps draw me back on to play ,esp. £20 or more level. I think a re-buy at £5-£10 would be worth a try, used to play a 10 rebuy every night on ipoker sometime ago, not sure if it still runs
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    I think Mr Channing underestimates what players think about their modest bankrolls... theres a few, but not many that would join a MTT for a game they have never played before for £5 to 'try it'... and if they got knocked out early, i dont think they would simply giveaway money to try again!

This would fall in the degenerate gambler category and yes, there are some you can spot, but dont encourage it!

However, if they had a week of nightly freerolls playing omaha/omaha hi lo, had a bit of luck, enjoyed it and also gained a bit of a handle on it, they would be more likely to buy in.

I dont play hold em these days and find the nightly hold em freeroll a big yawn (even avoid qualifying), its the same all in fest every night.

Mix it up, gain fans, many would appreciate the change, few would be devastated by it..... alternate it, week of hold em, week of omaha, week of hi lo... everyones happy....
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    TheWaddy said:

I think Mr Channing underestimates what players think about their modest bankrolls... theres a few, but not many that would join a MTT for a game they have never played before for £5 to 'try it'... and if they got knocked out early, i dont think they would simply giveaway money to try again!

This would fall in the degenerate gambler category and yes, there are some you can spot, but dont encourage it!

However, if they had a week of nightly freerolls playing omaha/omaha hi lo, had a bit of luck, enjoyed it and also gained a bit of a handle on it, they would be more likely to buy in.

I dont play hold em these days and find the nightly hold em freeroll a big yawn (even avoid qualifying), its the same all in fest every night.

Mix it up, gain fans, many would appreciate the change, few would be devastated by it..... alternate it, week of hold em, week of omaha, week of hi lo... everyones happy....

The most moronic thing you've ever posted.... & it has some serious competition
  • Options
    River_FoxRiver_Fox Member Posts: 119
    Tikay10 said:

Progress is being made.

Based on the thread, & the feedback, @Sky__James is looking at adding two MTT's to the schedule;

£20+£2 PLO BH

£20+£2 PLO8 BH

Each would run once per week initially. More could be added if successful of course.

So the next questions are;

What nights should these run? (I'm assuming they'd run on separate nights).

Over to you.

Hi, loving this but will there be sats? all ins no thanks id prefer proper sats. like a semi could even be just 2 seats GTD. is anyone else wanting sats?
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    If memory serves me right. There was a time when an £11 plo8 was run, which did not stand the test of time. PLO often struggles to run the £2.20 games

A £22 version may bring in some of the bigger buy in players, but most of those would I imagine already have enough games on their radar.

For me the question is why are these bigger games being introduced, if it’s for the general players then £22 is too high a starting point, but could be something to strive for.

IMO What needs to be established firstly is a player base in the lower level games, to get players involved so they can see there is more action in both PLO and PLO8 than hold ‘em. This can only be achieved by directing players who have not tried the games in that direction by means of say a 2 week promotion (which I mentioned years ago to deaf ears) perhaps playing the lower games rake free, this would not cost a lot. But then again would probably take players off other games and not increase Sky Pokers profits.

Therefore the £22 buy in would be the only option from a business profitability point of view. Though this would have a very limited player base.

There is a reason neither game is included in the UKOPS Christmas series, and is only included in the bigger versions as a token gesture.

I can see initial interest but would surprised if 20 players are entered after week 4, I would love to be proved wrong. But without the entry level players the bigger games can’t survive with such a small player pool.
  • Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    i feel 20pound is a bit much to buy in but i will defo try to support it as i love these games. i feel that the blinds structure is very key to its survival also , im not sure as cant quite remember but i felt the last ukops hi/lo tourney the blinds had some big jumps and you had to be really on it from the beginning . there are some fantastic blind structures on the holdem games and if we can replicate those it would be fantastic . also what jessie ak mentioned with a 5 pound rebuy or even 1 re-entry would be good as a lot of the players that play these games are not regging for the high hold em games because they simply cant afford it . i rarely spend over a fiver for entry as and im being honest in saying that some of the players are just to good for me to be putting 20/30/50 pound in and not get a return wheres i dont mind putting a fiver in and having a punt . anyway like i say i will try to support these games but without winning my bankroll wont be able to support for too long . good luck at the tables peeps
  • Options
    lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    if you want to get the plo8 numbers up the £22 isn't the best way adding more £5.50 would be better or try a £11
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. We have a couple of new tournaments on the schedule and a chance to add a little variety to the games. Obviously you can never please everyone. I think a £10 PLO8 will get quite a few of the people who regularly play the £5 PLO8 and hopefilly it will get a few NLH players from the £20 and up games who might think £5 and under is too small, to give it a try.
  • Options
    I have to say the whole thing was a great idea. £480 was a good prizepool for the first try. No idea if a £15 or £20 buy-in would have got more. The £5 tournament earlier in the evening still got more than 60 players so it didn't seem to suffer any damage. I feel like a lot of people will play both, maybe Tikay can tell us how many did?
  • Options
    ray01ray01 Member Posts: 91
    who won ? :smile: well played
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,548
    NChanning said:

I have to say the whole thing was a great idea. £480 was a good prizepool for the first try. No idea if a £15 or £20 buy-in would have got more. The £5 tournament earlier in the evening still got more than 60 players so it didn't seem to suffer any damage. I feel like a lot of people will play both, maybe Tikay can tell us how many did?

@NChanning

That's a very interesting question.

22 players played BOTH events.

That needs to be seen in the context that the "regular" fiver job got 66 Uniques last night, & the new £10er had 44 Uniques.