You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

2024 Sky Tour Dates

ThorxxThorxx Member Posts: 8
Any news on the dates and locations for the SPT 2024.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,473
    edited January 23
    Hi @Thorxx

Nothing yet, although it's 99% certain that SPT Brighton will be 1st to 3rd March. The last time I asked, it was all agreed but the Contract had yet to be signed. I'd be very surprised if those dates are not confirmed shortly.

No other dates have been agreed yet as far as I'm aware, although there WILL be 4 or 5 Events this year as usual.

I've not heard anything about a 2024 SPT Las Vegas yet though. That's not necessarily a bad thing, as it's not usually announced until March. I genuinely have no visibility whatsoever as to whether they will do Las Vegas this year, but I'd be moderately surprised if they did not.
  • Options
    ThorxxThorxx Member Posts: 8
    Thanks @Tikay10 Shame I wont be able to make my local one at Brighton as I'm away that weekend. But will look out for the Vegas dates when released.
  • Options
    SwifteyyeuSwifteyyeu Member Posts: 37
    SPT London maybe????
  • Options
    edited January 24

SPT London maybe????

@Swifteyyeu

I'd say that's "extremely unlikely".

We did a London one a good few years ago & were inundated with complaints about exorbitant hotel costs & car parking fees.
  • Options
    edited January 24
    @Thorxx

SPT Brighton has now been confirmed as March 1st to March 3rd 2024.

Two other dates have also been unveiled;

SPT Glasgow 31st May - 2nd June 2024

SPT Manchester 30th August - 1st September 2024.

• Options
    xGeemanxxGeemanx Member Posts: 10
    are these open tours or for skypoker players only??
  • Options
    xGeemanx said:

are these open tours or for skypoker players only??

@xGeemanx

They are open to anyone who wants to play.

Satellites run for a few weeks on Sky Poker, the venue run a satellite or two, or players can buy-in directly either Online via Sky Poker or at the venues.

• Options
    BeefsterBeefster Member Posts: 6
    Tikay - would you mind confirming the structure for SPT Brighton, are there multiple Day 1 flights on the Friday 1st and Sat 2nd? I'm thinking of attending so would be good to know start times for day one flights etc. Thanks
  • Options
    Beefster said:

Tikay - would you mind confirming the structure for SPT Brighton, are there multiple Day 1 flights on the Friday 1st and Sat 2nd? I'm thinking of attending so would be good to know start times for day one flights etc. Thanks

Morning Beefster,

Yes, there will be two Day 1's & then on the Sunday, it's the Final day. So start times etc are;

Day 1A Friday - start at 4pm

Day 1B Saturday - start at 2pm

Day 2, Sunday - start at 1pm

It will be a 25,000 starting stack, 40 minute clock all the way, & we do "BB Ante".

Buy-In will be £220 + £30 = £250, with a £60,000 Guarantee.

Players can re-enter ONCE each day. So, in theory, it's possible to have 4 entries. In the event you take a stack through from each of the two Day 1's, you surrender the smaller stack.

The full structure can be seen here;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/sky-poker-tour

Hope that's everything you need, if there is anything else, hit me up.

Make sure you come say hi please.

• Options
    BeefsterBeefster Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the detailed response, exactly what I was after.

And I will definitely say hi!
  • Options
    subzero1subzero1 Member Posts: 76
    Hi,i know this might be a silly question but if you buy in online when they put up table and seat draw do they use your screen name or your actual name...
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    subzero1 said:

Hi,i know this might be a silly question but if you buy in online when they put up table and seat draw do they use your screen name or your actual name...

When you win a seat or buy in before the event the poker desk at registration in the building will have your actual name. No sky aliases are banded about :)
  • Options
    iRiverUiRiverU Member Posts: 16
    Hi @Tikay10 With less than a month to go, would you know if there are plans to start running satellites for SPT Brighton, or is it direct buyin only?
    Would you be able to chase it up please?
    Thank you as always.
  • Options
    edited February 8
    iRiverU said:

Hi @Tikay10 With less than a month to go, would you know if there are plans to start running satellites for SPT Brighton, or is it direct buyin only?
    Would you be able to chase it up please?
    Thank you as always.

@iRiverU

Afternoon,

Satellites to SPT Brighton start tomorrow, Friday 9th February.

Hope to see you there, Brighton is always such an enjoyable venue.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/191513/spt-brighton-satellites-will-start-on

• Options
    toonblazertoonblazer Member Posts: 46
    if i could get my dog looked after itd be great to come to brighton definatley somthing im thinking about im sure there are plenty of hotels n bnbs are there too witch will be handy
  • Options

if i could get my dog looked after itd be great to come to brighton definatley somthing im thinking about im sure there are plenty of hotels n bnbs are there too witch will be handy

@toonblazer

Do try, it's a great venue & we always have fun there. It's great to meet other Sky Poker players there too & put faces to names.

If you do manage to get there, please come & say hi. Pretty sure Mr Channing @NChanning will be there too, I'll introduce you to him.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299

Hey, if you're going to Brighton, try to book up early! The cheapie hotels( travelodge etc) seem high for the time of the year?
  • Options
    HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 897
    Tikay10 said:

@Thorxx

Hiya Tony Sorry to ask again for confirmation can you get James to confirm i still have one seat carried over from last year ... Brighton was the only time i played SPT last year and only used 2 seats of the 3 i had ...
  • Options
    edited February 14
    HANSON said:

Tikay10 said:

@Thorxx

Hiya Tony Sorry to ask again for confirmation can you get James to confirm i still have one seat carried over from last year ... Brighton was the only time i played SPT last year and only used 2 seats of the 3 i had ...

@HANSON

Morning.

Yes, I can confirm, you DO have a £250 seat in the tank which can be used for Brighton in a few weeks time.

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,602
    my final exam for my degree is on the 31st. I live in Bournemouth it is completely unrealistic for me to make it to SPT Glasgow I mean unless I Travelled up straight after my exam, on the 31st with the intent of playing saturday. Its just not viable.