You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Another one bites the dust.

Comments

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,489
    You manage to reach 111 year of age and be the oldest living in Australia this Lady Catherina van der Linden deserves a mention. Daily work outs kept her young but I think it was the Wine.

• Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    The King has passed.
    Barry John RIP

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    Don't tell them your name........

#RIPIAN

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68204488
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Peter Handyside, Grimsby legend, has died at the age of 49. RIP. UTM.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

@waller02 @stokefc

I was not familiar with him, but I spotted some interesting stuff on his Wiki;

Handyside has played alongside his fellow Grimsby promotion winning teammate Tony Gallimore at four different clubs: Grimsby, Barnsley, Northwich Victoria and Hucknall; the only team at which Peter has not played with Tony is Stoke City, ironically Gallimore's first senior club.

Since retiring from professional football Handyside has worked as a delivery driver for Gilberts Furniture on the Fenton Industrial Estate in Stoke on Trent.

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    :'( Dreadful news
    RIP Skip
    You'll be forever in my memory for what you did in 2002 ..Ninian Park, Millennium stadium, what South dressing room curse
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Tikay10 said:

@waller02 @stokefc

I was not familiar with him, but I spotted some interesting stuff on his Wiki;

Handyside has played alongside his fellow Grimsby promotion winning teammate Tony Gallimore at four different clubs: Grimsby, Barnsley, Northwich Victoria and Hucknall; the only team at which Peter has not played with Tony is Stoke City, ironically Gallimore's first senior club.

Since retiring from professional football Handyside has worked as a delivery driver for Gilberts Furniture on the Fenton Industrial Estate in Stoke on Trent.

He'd be on the team sheet in most Grimsby fan's all time 1st XI , superb centre half in the era where we were half decent.
  • Options
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,489
    Paul Brett 12 string man....... R.I.P.

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,028
    Steve Wright: Radio 2 presenter dies aged 69.

DJ Steve Wright, who presented programmes for BBC Radio 1 and Radio 2 for more than four decades, has died at the age of 69.

His family confirmed his death "with deep sorrow and profound regret" in a statement on Tuesday.

Wright joined the BBC in the 1970s and went on to host the afternoon shows on Radio 1 and Radio 2.

He also fronted television programmes for the BBC, including Top of the Pops.

Wright was last on air on Sunday, hosting a pre-recorded special Valentine's Day edition of his Love Songs programme.

Wright's family said: "It is with deep sorrow and profound regret that we announce the passing of our beloved Steve Wright.

"In addition to his son, Tom, and daughter, Lucy, Steve leaves behind his brother, Laurence and his father Richard. Also, much-loved close friends and colleagues, and millions of devoted radio listeners who had the good fortune and great pleasure of allowing Steve into their daily lives as one of the UK's most enduring and popular radio personalities.

"As we all grieve, the family requests privacy at this immensely difficult time."
  • Options
    This has shocked me , grew up listening to Steve Wright a very humorous DJ
    RIP Steve :'(
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,020
    South African cricket legend Mike Proctor passes away

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,167
    edited February 21
    Yeah, shocked at that news. He was on Sky Poker too. Seems he'd been ill for quite some time. What a shame :(
    RIP
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    edited February 22

For those of us of a certain Vintage ......

RIP 'Meat'

:'(

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/tony-ganios-star-porky-dies-232846109.html

and the Film "The Wanderers'

........and this, the best scene from 'PORKY'S :D:D:D

https://youtu.be/VjnpqFXuNzc

GREAT MEMORIES ..... Thank you TONY GANIOS :)<3o:)
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    edited February 23

John Savident who played Fred Elliott in Coronation Street, dies aged 86

Corrie Fans will be mourning the death of Butcher 'FRED ELLIOTT' .....straight after the death of 'MEAT' from the film ' PORKY'S '

Maybe we should all turn Vegan :#

RIP John Savident :'(<3o:)

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/john-savident-actor-played-fred-113017129.html
  • Options
    Stan Bowles: QPR icon dies aged 75 after battle with Alzheimer's disease

QPR FC
    @QPR
    ·
    Follow
    It is with a heavy heart we have learned that QPR legend Stan Bowles has passed away.

A footballing icon and arguably the greatest to have ever worn our famous blue and white hoops.

All our thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time.

RIP, Stan. Forever R’s. 💙🤍

• Options
    Football’s dementia crisis: Chris Nicholl dies on same weekend as Stan Bowles

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

I'm not sure that two 76 year old retired footballers dying within 24 hours necessarily equates to "dementia crisis".

I don't doubt that repeatedly heading a football, especially those old heavy leather ones they used to use, may contribute to brain damage &/or dementia, but it's part of being a footballer. Cushty life, really good pay, celebrity profile, but the possibility that it chops a few years off the end of your life.

Millions of regular people with regular jobs, who get up at 0630 5, 6 or even 7 days & earn minimum wage would swap jobs in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

I'm not sure that two 76 year old retired footballers dying within 24 hours necessarily equates to "dementia crisis".

I don't doubt that repeatedly heading a football, especially those old heavy leather ones they used to use, may contribute to brain damage &/or dementia, but it's part of being a footballer. Cushty life, really good pay, celebrity profile, but the possibility that it chops a few years off the end of your life.

Millions of regular people with regular jobs, who get up at 0630 5, 6 or even 7 days & earn minimum wage would swap jobs in a heartbeat.

And still get dementia
    RIP Chris