You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Who won what, Sunday 18th February. steed432 takes the Major, hat trick of wins for UPPER CASE bloke

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,524
    edited February 19
    Doooobs said:

@Tikay10

Thanks,

I had a really bad run on Sky where I didn't win anything between August and January. Sine then have won three turbos, so things were looking up already.

I can't play much as was struggling with the balance between work and poker; and my eldest daughter is sporty so some weekends are difficult too. It is very rare I play Sundays now, so this was a bit of a one off (too old for 3am finishes and 7.30 alarms, and never catch up all week if the kids are doing stuff; this week is half term).

I had more or less resigned myself to not playing WSOP this year as PLO8 is usually last couple of weeks in June, and I can't go then this year. And blowing 90% of my dollars last year wasn't great :/. Tougher decision when you need to buy dollars as well as hotels and flights.

As it is I will likely miss the Derby and go out for the PLO8 and some smaller events elsewhere. I don't think the mixed O8 is feasible, as it is 2 weeks later (why do they do this?). Same with Big O. I am a rec, so can only do 1 week max. There is triple draw that week, which is a game I enjoy. I may need to win a major to justify that one.

Which week(s) are you aiming at?

@Doooobs

Great to hear from you David.

I've not really given much thought to it yet, but the Sky dates are 13th 20 to July, so really any "me time" on top of that has to be immediately before or after those dates, by which time most of the WSOIP stuff that interests me, plus all the lovely side fessies, will be finished. I suppose I could make a separate trip in June to play the PLO8 &/or Omaha Mix stuff, but Vegas, plus the cost of getting there & back, is SO expensive these days. I just saw the other day that Wynn, I think it was, put up their Resort Fees to over $50 per day. It's getting to be way too much.

Health Insurance is another thing, I dare not tell you how much they want to charge me.

• Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    Tikay10 said:

Doooobs said:

@Tikay10

Thanks,

I had a really bad run on Sky where I didn't win anything between August and January. Sine then have won three turbos, so things were looking up already.

I can't play much as was struggling with the balance between work and poker; and my eldest daughter is sporty so some weekends are difficult too. It is very rare I play Sundays now, so this was a bit of a one off (too old for 3am finishes and 7.30 alarms, and never catch up all week if the kids are doing stuff; this week is half term).

I had more or less resigned myself to not playing WSOP this year as PLO8 is usually last couple of weeks in June, and I can't go then this year. And blowing 90% of my dollars last year wasn't great :/. Tougher decision when you need to buy dollars as well as hotels and flights.

As it is I will likely miss the Derby and go out for the PLO8 and some smaller events elsewhere. I don't think the mixed O8 is feasible, as it is 2 weeks later (why do they do this?). Same with Big O. I am a rec, so can only do 1 week max. There is triple draw that week, which is a game I enjoy. I may need to win a major to justify that one.

Which week(s) are you aiming at?

@Doooobs

Great to hear from you David.

I've not really given much thought to it yet, but the Sky dates are 13th 20 to July, so really any "me time" on top of that has to be immediately before or after those dates, by which time most of the WSOIP stuff that interests me, plus all the lovely side fessies, will be finished. I suppose I could make a separate trip in June to play the PLO8 &/or Omaha Mix stuff, but Vegas, plus the cost of getting there & back, is SO expensive these days. I just saw the other day that Wynn, I think it was, put up their Resort Fees to over $50 per day. It's getting to be way too much.

Health Insurance is another thing, I dare not tell you how much they want to charge me.

I don't think I'll be staying at the Wynn this time, will probably just do the Horseshoe. Hopefully will save £1,000 with choice of hotel
    Got used to resort fees, but so annoying that $50 isn't the end of it, as you get tax on top of that Flights are ok, do long as I can get reward flights; certainly won't be going if I can't.

Don't want to think of travel insurance, am racking up.tge ailments too, though think you have me beat on that score.

• Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 854
    I love Doooobs even though I have never ever beaten him in a single hand of poker of any type on this site, (potentially just feels like that). Well played David, nice result.
  • Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    NChanning said:

I love Doooobs even though I have never ever beaten him in a single hand of poker of any type on this site, (potentially just feels like that). Well played David, nice result.

Given every time we get all in then I am out the door soon after, then maybe out meetings have been too fleeting for you to remember them. :)

Poker is a funny game. Despite going on a 5 month losing streak here, the amount of people telling me I run good didn't seem to diminish.

Good luck with Cheltenham Neil. Can't make it to your do this year due to a sporting clash (strong recommend... For Lydia obv). Hope it runs well. Can't see me making it to the festival either. The man who is selling tickets for over £100 a day was wondering why sales are down this year. Was thinking I can stay 8 hours at the Wynn for that...