You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The Olympics.

lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,777
With the Olympics opening on Friday use this thread for all things Olympic related either good,bad or funny.

Comments

• lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,777
    Well I guess that there's only one place to start this thread off and it's not a very nice one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y8_ROb0ZUk
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,592
    lucy4 said:

Well I guess that there's only one place to start this thread off and it's not a very nice one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y8_ROb0ZUk

Strictly Come Prancing?
    The Viral Cardboard ‘Anti-Sex’ Beds Are Returning for the 2024 Paris Olympics.

The cardboard beds from the 2020 Tokyo Games are making their return to the Olympic Village ahead of the 2024 Paris Games.

A TikTok posted by the official Olympics account on July 8 explained that the beds are “sustainable” and the materials are “100% made in France.”

The beds themselves “consist of three modules” that allow athletes to choose the mattress’s firmness and the frames can extend based on a person’s size. The beds will then be “fully recycled after the Games.”

The beds first went viral back in 2021 when American track and field runner Paul Chelimo first posted about them on X (formerly known as Twitter). He wrote that the beds were “aimed at avoiding intimacy among athletes.”

“Beds will be able to withstand the weight of a single person to avoid situations beyond sports,” Chelimo wrote at the time. “At this point I will have to start practicing how to sleep on the floor; cause If my bed collapses and I have no training on sleeping on the floor I'm done😂.”

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,787
    Hahaha Do people only have sex in bed , i use the floor regularly..All over the house and beyond :p
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,402
    stokefc said:

Hahaha Do people only have sex in bed , i use the floor regularly..All over the house and beyond :p

I bet you're a plasterer and have your own radio? 🤪
    stokefc said:

We've got an Olympian amongst us... :D
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,787
    madprof said:

stokefc said:

I bet you're a plasterer and have your own radio? 🤪
    Joiner actually , my radio is dusty :)
    Snoop Dogg to carry Olympic torch in its final stages in Paris.

Olympic soccer gets off to violent and chaotic start as Morocco fans rush the field vs Argentina.

SAINT-ETIENNE, France (AP) — The Olympic men’s soccer tournament got off to a violent and chaotic start Wednesday with Morocco’s shocking 2-1 win against two-time gold medalist Argentina.

The result tells only part of the story after a dramatic end to the match in Saint-Etienne, which had to be suspended for nearly two hours when furious Morocco fans ran on to the pitch and threw bottles from the stands to protest a late goal by Argentina in the 16th minute of added time.

The angry and bizarre scene sparked confusion over whether the game had been concluded or paused. The crowd was told to leave the stadium, but players remained at the venue and returned to the pitch for a final three minutes of added time in front of empty stands.

Moments before play resumed, Cristian Medina’s disputed goal was disallowed by VAR for offside, and Morocco held on for the victory.

Morocco fans reacted furiously when they thought Medina’s goal had denied the team a critical win against one of international soccer’s powerhouses.

Objects were thrown and invading Morocco fans were tackled by security on the field at Stade Geoffroy-Guichard after Medina appeared to tie the game 2-2.

There were images of some Argentina players flinching when what appeared to be a flare was thrown onto the field. Bottles and cups were strewn over the pitch by the time the game was paused.

It was initially thought that the full-time whistle had been blown. Even FIFA’s website declared the game over.

About an hour after the incident, organizers at the venue confirmed the match was not officially over and that VAR would review whether the goal would stand.

Players eventually re-entered the field after a long delay and began to warm up before the game could be concluded. After warmups, players from both teams stood on the field in the otherwise empty stadium while an official reviewed the video. He offered a brief explanation to Argentina while players on Morocco’s bench celebrated.

Play went on for about three minutes after the resumption before the final whistle was blown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8tjMNlag9k
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,279
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,345
    French airspace during the opening ceremony, they weren't taking any chances.

• rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,384
    VespaPX said:

Ah had the ceremony on in the background with the sound down, when ah saw these punters ah didn't know what the **** was going on.
    edited July 30
    Thats probably lost her a few million votes....