You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The Olympics.

Comments

• lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,777
    What a run by Alex Yee to win gold in the Triathlon at one point he was 14 seconds down on the last lap.

• VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,279
    These are genuine 😂😂😂

💫Here are the top nine comments made by sports commentators during the Olympics that they would like to take back 💫

1. Weightlifting commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her **** this morning during her warm up and it was amazing."

2. Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

4. Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious."

5. Softball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

6. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."

8. Soccer commentator: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

9. Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them . . . Oh my God, what have I just said?..."
    Imane Khelif, who failed gender test, wins after just 46 seconds when opponent abandons fight.

The controversial fight between Imane Khelif, the Algerian boxer who failed a sex test at last year’s World Championships, and Italy’s Angela Carini has been abandoned after just 46 seconds after the Italian suffered a suspected broken nose.

This fight had already detonated ferocious controversy, with the International Olympic Committee under mounting pressure to explain how a woman could be allowed into a boxing ring unsure of the sex of the person she was facing.

Khelif was banned from competing in a gold-medal bout in Delhi by the International Boxing Association, who said that the fighter’s “elevated levels of testosterone failed to meet the eligibility criteria”.

And yet she was still permitted by the IOC to fight at these Olympics and the difference in power was clear from the beginning, with the Italian taking a punch to the face and immediately walking to her corner to signal she would not carry on.

Angela Carini was in floods of tears as she stopped to speak in the interview area, having abandoned her bout with Imane Khelif after only 46 seconds. Her voice quavering, she said that she pulled out because she had never been hit so hard. Imane Khelif swept through the mixed zone without saying a word. It is staggering to think how only yesterday, Mark Adams, the International Olympic Committee’s spokesman, had said that everyone should just “dial down” the issue and not instigate a “witchhunt”. To reiterate, Khelif had failed two sex tests by the International Boxing Association. It is, frankly, an absolute scandal.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,384
    That's a disgrace, it's making a mockery of boxing.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,279
    rabdeniro said:

That's a disgrace, it's making a mockery of boxing.

And women
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,345
    Snoop Dogg gone full-kit equestrian as he watches dressage at Paris Olympics

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/news/snoop-dogg-gone-full-kit-101634027.html

Is Richard 'Dude, Where's My Car' Orford watching the swimming :D I also think they should've split up lanes 3 & 4... :D
    The Track & Field may have started but I've totally enjoyed the so called minority sports,the Rowing,Gymnastics,Swimming,BMX,Triathalon,Equine,Trampolining etc. My favourite result so far is Bryony Page and her reaction to winning a gold medal and at 33 years old she deserves all the accolades she gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDW0E17An80

If VAR was in charge Thompson would've won the Gold by a foot... :D

• rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,384
    lucy4 said:

If VAR was in charge Thompson would've won the Gold by a foot... :D

Bet him @10s on the Exchanges just before the off.
    lucy4 said:

Imane Khelif, who failed gender test, wins after just 46 seconds when opponent abandons fight.

The controversial fight between Imane Khelif, the Algerian boxer who failed a sex test at last year’s World Championships, and Italy’s Angela Carini has been abandoned after just 46 seconds after the Italian suffered a suspected broken nose.

This fight had already detonated ferocious controversy, with the International Olympic Committee under mounting pressure to explain how a woman could be allowed into a boxing ring unsure of the sex of the person she was facing.

Khelif was banned from competing in a gold-medal bout in Delhi by the International Boxing Association, who said that the fighter’s “elevated levels of testosterone failed to meet the eligibility criteria”.

And yet she was still permitted by the IOC to fight at these Olympics and the difference in power was clear from the beginning, with the Italian taking a punch to the face and immediately walking to her corner to signal she would not carry on.

Angela Carini was in floods of tears as she stopped to speak in the interview area, having abandoned her bout with Imane Khelif after only 46 seconds. Her voice quavering, she said that she pulled out because she had never been hit so hard. Imane Khelif swept through the mixed zone without saying a word. It is staggering to think how only yesterday, Mark Adams, the International Olympic Committee’s spokesman, had said that everyone should just “dial down” the issue and not instigate a “witchhunt”. To reiterate, Khelif had failed two sex tests by the International Boxing Association. It is, frankly, an absolute scandal.

I must admit that I have not gone into this story in great depth.
    I usually avoid gender issues, as inadvertantly upsetting a particular side of an argument is all too easy.
    I listened to report on the news the other night regarding this story.
    The remarkable thing about this is that Imane Khelif was born a woman.
    She was born with a vagina.
    So she was born a woman, and competes as a woman.
    So why is there any need for any tests.
    She produces high levels of testosterone, but some women apparently do.

I think it is just wrong, and very unfair to have anyone that was born a man to be competing in womens sport.
    But surely that is a very straightforward test.

How on earth could we debating that someone who was born a woman, should not be allowed to compete as a woman.
    Whats next, very tall people disqualified from the high jump, to make it fairer for shorter people?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 168,056
    HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

I usually avoid gender issues, as inadvertantly upsetting a particular side of an argument is all too easy.

I think it is just wrong, and very unfair to have anyone that was born a man to be competing in womens sport.

How on earth could we debating that someone who was born a woman, should not be allowed to compete as a woman.
    Whats next, very tall people disqualified from the high jump, to make it fairer for shorter people?

@HAYSIE

100% agree. This is a genuine woman in every sense of the word, she was born a woman & remains so. Her "sin" was to fail a test which showed she had abnormal levels of testosterone. Some women just do. The Media have been a disgrace with this story, very unfairly maligning her imo. Plus of course the usual suspects who criticise all things LGBTQ are all over it, saying how terrible it is, when in fact there's no case to answer - she's a straight female, & always has been.

Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

@HAYSIE

100% agree. This is a genuine woman in every sense of the word, she was born a woman & remains so. Her "sin" was to fail a test which showed she had abnormal levels of testosterone. Some women just do. The Media have been a disgrace with this story, very unfairly maligning her imo. Plus of course the usual suspects who criticise all things LGBTQ are all over it, saying how terrible it is, when in fact there's no case to answer - she's a straight female, & always has been.

The actual facts werent clearly evident when the story broke.
    Hence the comments people have made.
    I felt I was led to believe that she was born a man, and that was where the unfairness lay.
    Just above that story I posted another about a Team GB member, who has received medals in both men, and womens events.
    That is just wrong.
    The story seems to have crept under the radar, and nobody seems to have anything to say about it.
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

@HAYSIE

The actual facts werent clearly evident when the story broke.
    Hence the comments people have made.
    I felt I was led to believe that she was born a man, and that was where the unfairness lay.
    Just above that story I posted another about a Team GB member, who has received medals in both men, and womens events.
    That is just wrong.
    The story seems to have crept under the radar, and nobody seems to have anything to say about it.
    From what I can gather it's the presence of the Y chromosome in the IBA tests that are the concerns. Females have the XX chromosome and Males the XY, therefore a female displaying the XY chromosome fails to meet the IBA's criteria to compete against XX chromosome competitors due to the possible advantage/disadvantage to each competitor.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,787
    I bet she's an animal in bed or should I say on the floor :p