You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

CHANGE THE OPEN TO 10MIN BLINDS & MAKE IT AN 8PM START

2»

Comments

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    Yeah but nearly 8,000,000 people read the Sun - it doesn't make it right!
    Only kidding, I can see what you're saying.
  • Options
    THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
    edited August 2009
    Glad to see everyone agrees. I really think this will make a huge improvement to the site. We just need to keep telling the people who can make a difference.

Ed
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited August 2009
    I've only played the open a few times, and do agree it is very very fast and becomes a bit of a lottery early on. It's very much ABC poker with most of the action happening preflop. I havent been on the site long, but im sure the one piece of advice i have heard the most from the presenters is to 'jam it in' on the button or with any kind of semi-premium+ hand in order to steal the blind or hope for a race.

I enjoy it, but it can be improved!

I expect the limitations are more related to the 3 hour slot they have for the airing of these tournies.

Matt
  • Options
    macallusmacallus Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2009
    It is too fast. The average stack always seem to be about 10BB or just over and the presenters say that's when people think it's all-in time. Average of 20-30BB is what I think works best. Players keep betting too small. That's because they don't have enough.