You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Need help on this hand.

2»

Comments

• Options
    robcrobc Member Posts: 521
    edited May 2010
    cheers beaneh. The point i was making was to ajs original post i wasn't trying to start a argument with anyone just thought that post wasn't very constuctive imo. i hadn't actually seen your post on chris fergusons challenge at the time but i agree with what you said on that. 

Cheers for taking a look at my other thread mate :-)
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Need help on this hand.:
    Note- At no point have I stated that I "know what I am doing already" or that I am "any good".  So I shall concede the point.  You guys know what you are talking about, I don't.  Big whoop.  Furthermore, it is not "pointless" for me to turn £1 into £10,000, as I do not have millions in the bank, so I don't know you keep referencing Chris Ferguson.  In any case, I thank you kindly for your advice, and wish you all the best in your endeavours. Kind regards Wilhelm
    Posted by Wilhelm

Ah sorry what I said wasn't meant to sound condescending. I was only referring to Ferguson.

Tbh from most of your other posts (I remember the avatar I think) you normally post sensible thoughtful posts, therefore I was giving you more credit than most lol......

The reason AJ and I have taken this how shall I say, 'tone'. Is because we have aces and a draw heavy board, there are about a birrion hands he can have if he is slightly loose and alot of those will continue and be behind (but have equity) and sometimes we are behind and drawing dead etc etc. It's pretty obvious against a very tight player you can just bet and fold to a raise and against a looser player bet and get it in on the flop.  Most often the hands that people make the biggest mistakes with most regularly are hands that aren't aces or kings or a set on a drawy board etc etc. It's the 66% of the time that no one has anything on the flop and that you have to out play each other. Make sense?
  • Options
    WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Need help on this hand. : Ah sorry what I said wasn't meant to sound condescending. I was only referring to Ferguson. Tbh from most of your other posts (I remember the avatar I think) you normally post sensible thoughtful posts, therefore I was giving you more credit than most lol...... The reason AJ and I have taken this how shall I say, 'tone'. Is because we have aces and a draw heavy board, there are about a birrion hands he can have if he is slightly loose and alot of those will continue and be behind (but have equity) and sometimes we are behind and drawing dead etc etc. It's pretty obvious against a very tight player you can just bet and fold to a raise and against a looser player bet and get it in on the flop.  Most often the hands that people make the biggest mistakes with most regularly are hands that aren't aces or kings or a set on a drawy board etc etc. It's the 66% of the time that no one has anything on the flop and that you have to out play each other. Make sense?
    Posted by beaneh
    Cool.
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited May 2010
    Good. :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    hows your challenge going willhelm? last time i read you was on £11 i think.
  • Options
    WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
    edited May 2010
    hows your challenge going willhelm? last time i read you was on £11 i think.
    Posted by robc
    I don't think I've played since that 'til today.  Been busy.  Up to about £16 now and about to put in a marathon session to try and get back on track.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    fair play mate keep it up il keep a eye on your progress on the orford br thread :-)