You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Damsel In Destress Needs U

2»

Comments

• Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Damsel In Destress Needs U:
    Anybody who knos me knos I play the deepstack most nights and I do very well, 80% of the time I make the final table but I cant seem 2 get past the bubble. I have a few times but thats after ive downed several glasses of wine and then stopped shaking (and Im not joking) Any CONSTRUCTIVE  ideas am getting 2 that stage where I give up poker?
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Hi FALLEN,

Am not a poker expert, and you have already recieved some excellent advice above,[garyQQQ & others], but.....
    I do consider myself to be an enthusiastic wine/poker expert.... and here is where I may be of help...

It is obvious to me, given your final table results, [anything above 30-40% in that type of sml/med Deep-stack being good], that you do NOT have a POKER problem, but in fact a DRINK problem!!

Two points, may seem contradictrary, but feel i can explain

A, Firstly, quaffing large glasses of wine/alcohol & poker does not mix, anyone can tell you that!!!!

Solution, rather than gulping mouthfuls of Chardonnay/Pinot after a bad beat or being put to a hard decision,
        try just a swirl & inhale & enjoy the aroma, of a say, Cru Chablis or Bordeaux Pauillac... then re-focus HARD!!

B, Secondly, and conversley, you say after several glasses, when you have stopped shaking, you have got thro       the 'Bubble' and achieved results. As All poker questions can be answerer 'It Depends......'
        Can I ask, 'How big are the Glasses?
           &           'Is it only bubble time that you start shaking?

Assuming the glasses are average, and it is only round the Bubble that the nerves appear, this backs up
    Garys theory! My translation of which is you may have been too tight throughout, reached bubble time too
    short maybe, & too regulary to add to discomfort, thus panicking and busting or blinding out!!

The times you have progressed after several glasse suggests to me, that this volume has loosened you up, substantially, [still talking poker, sry], the freedom crushing your inhibitions, to give you a massive change of gear as it all kicks in!! The answer being to find this freedom without alcohol influence in a steady gear-change throughout the tourney....

Solution, either start early with some Grand-Cru M eths from the local hard-ware store....and take your chances....
    Or take the quality route with maybe a bit more adventure & early gear change, for this I suggest an Argentinian Malbec, or spicy Australian Shiraz, white, go for a NZ Sauvignon[south island], or French Bordeaux!

The Bubble thing is in your head, can't help you there as i bust out on the worst ever bubble in sky history LOL
    The drink thing is easy, as I come from a long line of Sheperds Bush Sc um, and now I'm posh have been awarded the official title 'Lord Feral Boy'

Hope this helps, and must be taken seriously!!!

p.s. nice legs, LOL
  • Options
    xFALLENxxFALLENx Member Posts: 826
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Damsel In Destress Needs U:
    In Response to Damsel In Destress Needs U : Hi FALLEN, Am not a poker expert, and you have already recieved some excellent advice above,[garyQQQ & others], but..... I do consider myself to be an enthusiastic wine/poker expert.... and here is where I may be of help... It is obvious to be, given your final table results, [anything above 30-40% in that type of sml/med Deep-stack being good], that you do NOT have a POKER problem, but in fact a DRINK problem!! Two points, may seem contradictrary, but feel i can explain A, Firstly, quaffing large glasses of wine/alcohol & poker does not mix, anyone can tell you that!!!!     Solution rather than gulping mouthfuls of Chardonnay/Pinot after a bad beat or being put to a hard decision,     try just a swirl & inhale & enjoy the aroma, of a say, Cru Chablis or Bordeaux Pauillac... then re-focus HARD!! B, Secondly, and conversley, you say after several glasses, when you have stopped shaking, you have got thro       the 'Bubble' and achieved results. As All poker questions can be answerer 'It Depends......'     Can I ask, 'How big are the Glasses?        &           'Is it only bubble time that you start shaking?     Assuming the glasses are average, and it is only round the Bubble that the nerves appear, this backs up Garys theory! My translation of which is you may have been too tight throughout, reached bubble time too short maybe, & too regulary to add to discomfort, thus panicking and busting or blinding out!!     The times you have progressed after several glasse suggests to me, that this volume has loosened you up, substantially, [still talking poker, sry], the freedom crushing your inhibitions, to give you a massive change of gear as it all kicks in!! The answer being to find this freedom without alcohol influence in a steady gear-change throughout the tourney....    Solution, either start early with some Grand-Cru M eths from the local hard-ware store....and take your chances Or take the quality route with maybe a bit more adventure & early gear change, for this I suggest an Argentinian Malbec, or spicy Australian Shiraz, white, go for a NZ Sauvignon[south island], or French Bordeaux! The Bubble thing is in your head, can't help you there as i bust out on the worst ever bubble in sky history LOL The drink thing is easy, as I come from a long line of Sheperds Bush Sc um, and now I'm posh have been awarded the official title 'Lord Feral Boy' Hope this helps, and must be taken seriously!!! p.s. nice legs, LOL
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    lol sorry its taken so long 2 reply have just managed to pick myself up from the floor (laughing NOT drunk)

First may I say what a privilege it is 2 have advice from a player of ur calibre

but

OMG

u make me sound like a right alcoholic...which I'm not!!!!!!!!!

When it comes 2 drinking, I'm a lightweight .
    Its very weak wine and wont have more then 2 SMALL glasses (as my mind tends 2 wander :))
    But I think u may have a point in that when I do reach ft my hand does become more active.

But its purely nerves and not the shakes (as I think u think)

BTW EXCELLENT POST

Lisa x
  • Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Damsel In Destress Needs U:
    In Response to Re: Damsel In Destress Needs U : lol sorry its taken so long 2 reply have just managed to pick myself up from the floor (laughing NOT drunk) First may I say what a privilege it is 2 have advice from a player of ur calibre but OMG u make me sound like a right alcoholic...which I'm not!!!!!!!!! When it comes 2 drinking, I'm a lightweight . Its very weak wine and wont have more then 2 SMALL glasses (as my mind tends 2 wander :)) But I think u may have a point in that when I do reach ft my hand does become more active. But its purely nerves and not the shakes (as I think u think) BTW EXCELLENT POST Lisa x
    Posted by xFALLENx
    LOL, anything I post is best blended with a pinch of salt, with a smidge of tongue in cheek!!

You are a Good Sport, I wish you all the best in your crusade to burst The Bubble Girl Myth!!!

Change gear early, lose the inhibitions, grease up for some action!!! [still poker]

All the Best, The Hitman