You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sharkscope - What a joke

2»

Comments

• Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited September 2009
    I  just don't get this at all,  I personally think stats  and percentages is all bol'lx, the game of poker is all about, whether you have the 'MARGE"  well do ya..?  because if i'm in a situation at  a table  in a tournament , the last thing I would be thinking is, having a look a players 'percentage' ??

what conclusion would that have on playing a hand...in fact it could give you a miss read or make you forget what your in the hand for in the first place...

Forget this nonsense and get yourself a 'game plan' for how your going to play, not wonder how others are doing, this is an internet  game , we don't know these people.....do you really believe this kind of information will help YOUR  game..

lost for words  benny  :))
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope - What a joke:
    I  just don't get this at all,  I personally think stats  and percentages is all bol'lx, the game of poker is all about, whether you have the 'MARGE"  well do ya..?  because if i'm in a situation at  a table  in a tournament , the last thing I would be thinking is, having a look a players 'percentage' ?? what conclusion would that have on playing a hand...in fact it could give you a miss read or make you forget what your in the hand for in the first place... Forget this nonsense and get yourself a 'game plan' for how your going to play, not wonder how others are doing, this is an internet  game , we don't know these people.....do you really believe this kind of information will help YOUR  game.. lost for words  benny  :))
    Posted by bennydip2
     I think it very important! Not in terms of a single hand no! but in general it will tell you over a long period of time if you are makign the right calls/folds. This will show in profit/loss!
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited September 2009
    Whenever I go to check Sharkscope all I get is a blank screen.
    I have tried via Internet Explorer and AOL with no joy.
    I have no idea what my stats are but it doesn't bother me to much as I only play for fun and if I happen to cash it is a big bonus.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    I  just don't get this at all,  I personally think stats  and percentages is all bol'lx, the game of poker is all about, whether you have the 'MARGE"  well do ya..?  because if i'm in a situation at  a table  in a tournament , the last thing I would be thinking is, having a look a players 'percentage' ?? what conclusion would that have on playing a hand...in fact it could give you a miss read or make you forget what your in the hand for in the first place... Forget this nonsense and get yourself a 'game plan' for how your going to play, not wonder how others are doing, this is an internet  game , we don't know these people.....do you really believe this kind of information will help YOUR  game.. lost for words  benny  :))
    Posted by bennydip2
    Anything in poker has to be taken in terms of the situation tho.

I imagine that when you're in a hand live, facing a tough decision on the river where someone has put you all in....you think back to a hand you played with the guy 3 months ago where he made the same move with a busted flush draw.  OFC just because the move is the same doesn't make hsi hand the same, but having 'hisotry' with a villain does go into your thought process and makes that decision a bit easier.

The stats that sharkscope offers are of similar value.  It helps in decision making.

Then again I'm an internet player who even when playing live assigns players stats and thinks ok the guy in the blue shirt plays a decent 31/28 laggy game and the young asian guy is a loose passive 70/12 and the girl is an 18/15.

Of course these stats probably mean nothing to you Benny but I'm sure if you read up on them then you would quickly learn and use them in your decision making.

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited September 2009
    Ive always found sharkscope to be accurate... the odd technical hiccup but it seems very accurate. Yes it doesn't measure cash games TK but it doesn't pretend to... its for use with tournaments. Players are just in denial about their stats!
    I would also like to add TK that stars do now have an agreement with sharkscope, you have to send i think 10 cents to sharkscope to 'opt in' to be able to view your own stats and others who have opted in... you do get the 10 cents back though.
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope - What a joke : Do you have just sit and go selected or do you have all games?
    Posted by scotty77
    I always leave it at all games.

For my little experiment next week, i will have a week playing £3.30 DYM's and nothing else.
    If anyone wants an easy cash, you know where to go!

Tikay, I will not post my stats but I will let everyone know the exact outcome, How many games played. How many won/lost and total profit /loss for the week.

Yes, this may well be embarrasing for me if I have an awful week but I need to be honest here.

I will then post the difference in my stats without revealing them.

This MAY help prove inconsistancies in sharkskope.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Nice idea but the sample is far too small sorry... accusing sharkscope of innacurate data is almost as bad as saying sky poker is rigged! Sharkscope is fine, may have the odd problem but from what ive seen its generally very accurate.
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited September 2009
    I HAD A FEW WEEKS SPELL WHERE I USED MY 5 FREE GOES ON IT EVERYDAY.
    I FOUND OUT 2 THINGS

1.PLAYER GOES ALL IN EVERY OTHERHAND OR IS A TOTAL CALLING STATION I THINK THIS GUYS A TW*T! .  YOU LOOK HIM UP AND SURPRISE SURPRISE HES $500 DOWN FROM 100 GAMES.

2, THIS BLOKE/BIRD IS KICKING MY A*SE . YOU LOOK THEM UP AND THEY ARE $500 UP FROM 100 GAMES. 

SORRY BUT CANT SEE THE POINT OF IT 
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited September 2009
    Hi scotty , Im going to Luton this Sunday  ,,,  r  u coming for the tournament ?

As for this,  look disicion making is about the way the hand is being played from the  s/b  back to the Button  

and the thing that never gets mentioned on this site, is "CHIP Management" in the game..

McCririck and 'stato'   r stats men ... need  I say more ?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    How can you just disregard stats?? thats like saying the difference between AK and TT all in preflop does not matter... its the little things that matter.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Nice idea but the sample is far too small sorry... accusing sharkscope of innacurate data is almost as bad as saying sky poker is rigged! Sharkscope is fine, may have the odd problem but from what ive seen its generally very accurate.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    The purpose is not to see how they change over a large sample but just to see how accurate they are over 1 week.

If I play for a week and end up £30 down/up but my sharkscope says different then it will show it is not correct.

This can be done over 10 games if necessary.

I still stand by my original statement and if my overall profit in dollars is correct then i'm never going to the states on holiday.

Have looked and changed this to pounds and can assure you it still is incorrect quite substantially.
  • Options
    daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
    edited September 2009
    Just to point out for guys who want to use sharkscope and see discrepencies between results. Quite often this can be due to being on a different computer/browser/if you've deleted your history, cookies etc.

On the end of the bar where you enter details and site make sure you always have the same graph criteria, I:E Sit n go's only, all games, multi table tournament etc

This has happened to me but whenever I have changed this the results have ALWAYS being valid and consistent. Don't know why people have such trouble with it but I have never had a problem.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Just to point out for guys who want to use sharkscope and see discrepencies between results. Quite often this can be due to being on a different computer/browser/if you've deleted your history, cookies etc. On the end of the bar where you enter details and site make sure you always have the same graph criteria, I:E Sit n go's only, all games, multi table tournament etc This has happened to me but whenever I have changed this the results have ALWAYS being valid and consistent. Don't know why people have such trouble with it but I have never had a problem. Hope this helps.
    Posted by daveydavey
    How does deleting history and cookies alter your stats?

I have my browser set for 'clear history on exit' and delete cookies at least weekly. Does this mean that to get accurate stats i shouldn't?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hale its possible after a week that shark scope has a technical problem and records your results incorrectly... thats why you need a much larger sample of data from other players etc.
    Sharkscope is fine anyway... just accept it if your a losing player and try to improve.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hale its possible after a week that shark scope has a technical problem and records your results incorrectly... thats why you need a much larger sample of data from other players etc. Sharkscope is fine anyway... just accept it if your a losing player and try to improve.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Being a winning or losing player is not the issued I raised.
    The issue I originally raised was that after playing 250+ games it showed a ROI of about 12% but then after another 20 or so games this had dropped to 5%. This is not possible. Even if I had stayed level on the week, i would have expected a slight drop in the roi as yes i had played more games but for no more return but after playing 20 £3.30 games staking £66.00 I had a return of £78.00 (approx figures, granted, I will keep a more accurate record next week). This is about a 15% return so as my games had gone up by 10% (ish) and my ROI had stayed the same (ish) then I fully expected my total ROI to stay the same, not drop by 7%.

It had also changed my roi graph from +15% for my catagory of game to -5%. again impossible seeing as i am virtually exclusive to playing £3.30 games. And again, purely over 1 week.

So to sum up, Sharkscope has me as being -15% for the games i play 90% of the time but overall +5% as i play the odd micro stakes game.

Does this make sense anywhere????

If so I would need to play 15 or so 30p games to play one £3.30 and feed my addiction to these highly damaging games (according to sharkscope anyway)

This makes absoulutely no sense to me at all.
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    I just record my results in my own Excel spreadsheet. No relying on middle men.

If you play cash, sharkscope is pretty irrelevant as it doesn't show those results.

For some fun here are some quotes on the use and relevance of statistics:

Torture numbers, and they'll confess to anything.  ~Gregg Easterbrook

98% of all statistics are made up.  ~Author Unknown

Statistics are like bikinis.  What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.  ~Aaron Levenstein

Say you were standing with one foot in the oven and one foot in an ice bucket.  According to the percentage people, you should be perfectly comfortable.  ~Bobby Bragan, 1963

Statistics can be made to prove anything - even the truth.  ~Author Unknown

Statistics are human beings with the tears wiped off.  ~Paul Brodeur, Outrageous Misconduct

He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lampposts - for support rather than for illumination.  ~Andrew Lang

Do not put your faith in what statistics say until you have carefully considered what they do not say.  ~William W. Watt

Then there is the man who drowned crossing a stream with an average depth of six inches.  ~W.I.E. Gates