You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Having Problems with the tables?

2»

Comments

• Options
    gazscoopgazscoop Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2009
    Noticed there was an update done during the night 4.30am to be precise, yep I was still up playing!!

Hopefully this will resolve the MTT issues.
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Having Problems with the tables?:
    Hi - I've not experienced any problems except a few nights ago when the whole of the skybet system went down - poker and everything - I eventually went to bed and the next day it was all up ok. Checked my balance - it was zero. BIG GULP. Rang customer services, spoke to a nice guy who within a few minutes had found my money - stuck on the table where I had been when the system went down - and all was resovled, I was very impressed. I think we can be very quick to criticise but lets not forget that Sky is unique in itself. I don't know of anywhere else where the players can actually discuss in a forum like this (and get answers direct from the provider) their problems and generally have a grumble about stuff. I know I can't when I play on other sites.  Sky poker lays itself completely open to us the players and I think that's great that it doesn't hide. All the names at Sky want us to have a good experience when playing on the site and do take notice if there is a problem. The presenters play on the site, for work and play, and it's a great community site.  It's unique and I like it.
    Posted by Dingdell
    Hi
    I totally agree with you Tracey, but these problems are ongoing and it is getting to the stage where, if they are not addressed fully, people will abandon the site(it has already started), no matter how loyal they have been in the past.
    I must say that my tables last night did, all of a sudden, slow down. Now then, I have not changed anything on my pc, so the problem must lie at Sky.(i did the usual, in that i cleared all my cookies and temp file etc) and still no better.

I firmly believe that if these problems continue it could be the deathnail of the site, and that will be a damned shame, as you say it is unique.

col
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited October 2009
    I was playing last night and had delays of anything between 10 and 30 seconds between hands making it difficult to play. The clock still runs during these delays making the blinds go up quicker due to the fact that less hands are played between blind increases. I only played 2 or 3 games instead of my usual 5 or 6.
    This slowness problem does drive people a bit potty, but I am sure it will be sorted out soon.
    As for me, I will be staying with the site.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Having Problems with the tables?:
    In Response to Re: Having Problems with the tables? : I understand your frustration Kev! No-one has pushed Sky Poker with friends etc more than I have. I regularly play quite large buy-in events and always wear my Sky Poker goods that I have acquired. We are all aware that Sky Poker exists around 250 or so regulars who have shown particular loyalty through thick and thin over the last couple of years while the site builds. The ONLY improvement in recent times is the forum which has brought us 'regulars' closer together. (For which I am grateful). Aside of that, what have we lost? - The chance to appear 'live' in the studio and the reduction of televised MTT's. On the one hand we are constantly promised things 'are on the way - be patient!' but on the other NO answers are forthcoming. Despite having accounts at dozens of other sites, over the last six months I have only played at Sky believing things are on the up. I have been a director of 2 companies in the 'service sector' over the last 14 years and I can assure you that I would not have accepted some of the things that are currently happening! I am sure that I can speak for many 'regulars' when I say that unfullfilled promises are a waste of time. All we want is a site that we can rely on and dont say that something is imminent if its months or years away! Everyone who knows me will agree that I am the most placid person around and I am the most patient person I know but dont take me for a fool! Lets have the truth from now on and no false promises about the future! Thanks, rant over. Roy  
    Posted by Huck_Nall
     Well said Roy

Yes i agree you are VERY LAID BACK!!! and never moan about things. So was suprised to see your post, which shows how frustrating it is..

As iv said on another thread, we accept there will be problems, thats technology, it happens get over it!! BUT what we HATE! is when we are left in the dark, could we not have a daily/twice a day post updating us on what they have found etc, I think the most commonly used phrase on this forum at the moment is "Please be patient" Patience is patience, but after a while patience runs out (im not just talking about this current problem as this is only a few days old)
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited October 2009
    hi guys,

i'm really sorry this has been such a frustrating time for you all. the poker guys will provide an update later on today.

thanks for being understanding.

Rich
  • Options
    thesaint07thesaint07 Member Posts: 27
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Having Problems with the tables?:
    Hi everyone, if you experience any problems that affect your ability to play at the tables please report them to our customer care team and provide the exact details. we thank you for your patience during what must be a frustrating time. to get in contact with customer care click here
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    hi rich i had a problem the other night i reported it to customer care,they were quite rude about the situation insinuating that there was no problem but they said they would refund the money for the game i entered but could not play as it would not let me log in.i do not appreciate being spoken to like an idiot as i am not one.i think that this sort of behaviour is totally unacceptable by a sky customer care advisor.i appreciate that sky may have had a lot of people complaining the last few days but that is no excuse for being rude.the saint 
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited October 2009
    Is no news good news?
  • Options
    lucky77777lucky77777 Member Posts: 1,444
    edited October 2009
    well seems to be working fine now fingers crossed

and toes lol
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited October 2009
    ok sky rich i am a  number 1 fan of sky [ make a lot of money on here so i have good reason ]  , i realy like the village chat on here and this forum is great , but from what  i am reading u guys have a huge problem with the customer care side of things [ basic foundations ] , the honesty and manners are very very poor . the house of cards [ pun ] will colaspe if the base aint solid m8 . gl with this u need 2 kick    a s s   m8 .
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited October 2009
    i'm closing this thread as the issue is now being covered in another thread. if you would like to carry on the discussion please click here