You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SLOW ROOOOOLLLLLLLLLL

2»

Comments

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: SLOW ROOOOOLLLLLLLLLL:
    In Response to Re: SLOW ROOOOOLLLLLLLLLL : Next up - coffee-housing.
    Posted by Tikay10
    "An attempt to mislead opponents about ones hand by devious behaviour."

Surely that sort of thing doesn't occur in poker?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,904
    edited November 2009

Only in the DYM Club. ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Only in the DYM Club. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10

Really??? Wow.
    You mean you didn't have 5 aces?
    I'll remember that for next time.
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited November 2009
    its bad manners at the end of the day.If you have an innocent explination like you,then its completely fine.Even if you dont you shouldnt have to explain yourself,its up to you how you play the game at the end of the day.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    I agree that slow rolling is naughty

as is.......

Bowlers changing the pace of each ball in an over.

Tennis players playing the dastardly lob.

Tiddlywink's tournament players tiddlying when they should be winking.

Boxers trying to hurt their opponent with a one-two.

Peeping whilst counting when playing hide and seek.

Sticking your conkers in vinegar. (disgusting habit)

and slow rolling at paper-stone-scissors.

Cheating in anyone's language!

• Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    If I am have a connection lag at the start of a game or it appears during the game, I always let the other players know with a note in the chat box of the problem I am having and apologise before hand.
    I certainly don't want to appear to be slow rolling due to a problem outside my control.
  • Options
    TENOFSPADETENOFSPADE Member Posts: 426
    edited November 2009
     wow ,didnt think i,d get this much response to the thread......thanks for the reply guys n gals ..........i was a bit wound up by the comments in the chat box last night ,and i sort of went on tilt for some reason ,and ruined my tourny i was playing    ..........was sat there for over 2hrs with a decent stack ,and those comments just made me go off on one ........was annoyed with the comments ,then annoyed with the way i played after,,just makes you think how easy it is for people to get under your skin.......thanks again for your replys gl ten
  • Options
    COCASIRFCOCASIRF Member Posts: 439
    edited November 2009
    Is there a difference between slow rolling and slow playing..... i.e when your near the bubble is it right to slow play?
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    Who cares, if i take 15 secs one time, 2 secs another, (im talking about poker) relax everyone, have a cadbury's caramel.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Is there a difference between slow rolling and slow playing..... i.e when your near the bubble is it right to slow play?
    Posted by COCASIRF
    When poker players refer to "slow playing" it means underplaying a big hand in order to get your opponent to put more chips in the pot, e.g. check/calling when you flop the nuts.

Letting the clock wind down when on the bubble in a satellite is completely different. There is no rule against it and LOTS of players do it so you are perfectly entitled to do it.

• Options
    COCASIRFCOCASIRF Member Posts: 439
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: SLOW ROOOOOLLLLLLLLLL : When poker players refer to "slow playing" it means underplaying a big hand in order to get your opponent to put more chips in the pot, e.g. check/calling when you flop the nuts. Letting the clock wind down when on the bubble in a satellite is completely different. There is no rule against it and LOTS of players do it so you are perfectly entitled to do it.
    Posted by MereNovice

Thank you Vince..I thought I was doing wrong when near the bubble so am glad to hear I was'nt
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited November 2009

I AM NOT SAYING , YOU CANNOT SLOW ROLL SOMEONE ONLINE . FOR ME , IF I THINK I HAVE GOT THE NUTS , I WILL CHECK AND DOUBLE CHECK , IF THAT MEANS THE CLOCK RUNS DOWN , SO BE IT . THERE ARE SO MANY REASONS AND SITUATIONS  THAT CAN  HAPPEN , WHERE IT " MAY " APPEAR AS IF SLOW ROLLING IS TAKING PLACE . UNTIL SOMEONE TYPES THAT IN THE CHAT , I JUST WONT THINK SOMEONE HAD DONE IT TO ME .

• Options
    borobabe09borobabe09 Member Posts: 327
    edited November 2009
    Who cares, if i take 15 secs one time, 2 secs another, (im talking about poker) relax everyone, have a cadbury's caramel.
    Posted by loonytoons
    lol loony, what else would you be talking about????
    xx