You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Derby

2»

Comments

• Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited June 2012
    dohhh i did say rugged cross eway or even cavaleiro but if i was you leave it alone and lump on 1 of the supporting races
  • Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited June 2012
    ive backed cavaleiro each way more fool me methinks gl all
  • Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited June 2012

1:35 Open Water 4/1 NB £30 win

2:05 Euxton Hall 9/4 NAP £50 win

2:40 Masked Marvel 10/1 £10 EW

3:15 Judge N Jury 10/1 £10  EW

4:00 Main Sequence 10/1 £20  EW

4:50 Layline 20/1 £10 EW

5:25 Piscean 10/1 £10 EW

Looks a more difficult day today, hence so many ew bets

• Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited June 2012
    yet another neck second for me with the jolly there getting fed up with tihs!!!

right to put me back on track and as stated yesterday theres nothing particulary eyecatching about his runs this season thus far and trainer himself hasnt got yard firing but Dandy Nicholls has unmatched record in the epsom dash (4 winners from last 10 renewals) and usually goes mob handed so the fact that hes only selcected the one in this years race ive taken the hint if you can call it that! FITZ FLYER 25/1 10 e/w  (as big as 33's now as we speak oh erm)

this is just a whim - if he runs to this seasons form so far **** finish 11th or 12th so hoping theyve put something in the water!!! being dropped 3lbs after eased up by fallon last time out a plus and hopefully now the jock will have had a feel for the horse he can go onto put best (or at least better) foot forward.

like a glorified pin sticker but thats my reasoning!
  • Options
    edited June 2012

bypassing the derby but hope for a good speactacle.

saving a last epsom bet for swilly ferry 5.25 not giving up on Dandy just yet! plus my imaginary wife Hayley Turner is on so again sound reasoning for a bet (cough)

• Options
    ms-treems-tree Member Posts: 889
    edited June 2012
    hope u all listerned   easy to say backing a fav, but did say astrology e/w was best bet in race.
    shame i done the f/cast as well, pipped on line for 2nd.

but what a horse (the new frankel is born), we will see in time i guess.

anyway wd who backed the fav
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,308
    edited June 2012
    EATING HUMBLE PIE

tremendous performance by Camelot
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    won it well but new frankel my eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    we will see  it will win st.ledger (triple crown) when wins st.ledger,
    did frankel win triple crown, NO as they knew it wouldn't stay distance,
    so if CAMELOT wins st.ledger surly must at least be as high as FRANKEL ifnot surpass it.

we will see, cant wait to see CAMELOT again and hopfully be kept in training next year to see against the mighty FRANKEL.
    i very much doubt the 2 will race each other but you never know.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    oooo btw  best price 1/2 for st.ledger,

way too skinny, but what will beat it if runs?????
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    point taken about staying a longer trip but pound for pound and over a mile its a non contest.

still camelot won very handily today was impressed how he handled the extra half mile very well, won very cosily

and regards to where he runs next then nothing to my mind will beat him, in hindsight hed have made for a nice double with st nich who as a single was 2/11 this morning returned 8/11!!
  • Options
    Curt360x27Curt360x27 Member Posts: 490
    edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: The Derby:
    we will see  it will win st.ledger (triple crown) when wins st.ledger, did frankel win triple crown, NO as they knew it wouldn't stay distance, so if CAMELOT wins st.ledger surly must at least be as high as FRANKEL ifnot surpass it. we will see, cant wait to see CAMELOT again and hopfully be kept in training next year to see against the mighty FRANKEL. i very much doubt the 2 will race each other but you never know.
    Posted by ms-tree
    Frankel will stay all day long. He'll easily get 10f and 12f. If they had any doubts about him staying they would have snapped retired him at the end of his 3yo career.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    curt i was ment to point out that i dont think FRANKEL would stay the 1m6f st ledger, ifso why didn't they go for triple crown last year with him???

CAMELOT will stay this far, better race would be to see the two in next years coronation, but i know it will not happen. as CAMELOT will retire after st.ledger (as owners would have a horse to bred, as lost mountjeu which died this year)   just cant belive o'brein has got a horse to sire so quickly all happy days in the o'brien camp.

gl all if having bet today.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    ms tree

Love your love of Camelot and if he wins St Ledger he will be first colt since Nijinsky to do it so will go down in history. As to your hope of a race against Frankel, it wont happen because Frankel will be retired at end of this season and anyway he didnt even run in Derby let alone St Ledger so he isnt the same kind of horse as Camelot.

However I suggest that Frankel at his optimum distances 6f to one mile 2f will be the best horse of his generation, if not of all time. By the way I think Black Caviar will also go down as the best female. Cant wait for them to be mated.

Camelot might turn out well but will not be seen in the same light as Frankel in the future.  Just like Nijinsky could never be held in the same esteem as the great Brigadier Gerard.

By the way Frankel rating at end of last season 143 only one point behind the Brigadier and Tudor Minstrel and two behind Sea Bird the greatest so far. That will rise if he continues to win everything. Camelot rated 130 after his Derby win.

Father V
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    father regarding black caviar, i have my reservations over this horse until the horse wins over here.

hope black caviar does race at royal ascot, as like many inc. myself  not the great it should be unless beats best of europe.

we will see, gl all having a bet.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I agree ms tree about Black Caviar but from what i have seen so far , never off the bridle. I also wonder what she will find if put under pressure.