You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bad beats

2»

Comments

• Options
    kev8kev8 Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2013
    I just shoved all in with AQ Suited to isolate and got called by another with 10 5 same suit as mine and lost, we both had 5000 plus chips in the deep stack, what the xxxx is that all about????? I would rather lose not being good enough at higher stakes than this, I know im loving the call when I see it preflop but it hurts so baddddddddd when that 10 comes on the river. More San Miguel required, also I want to applogies for my bad behaviour in the chat box the last few weeks its beeen so bad, I had to go church on sunday just to tell someone and get it off my chest, he doesnt understand how to play Ak vs 35 suited either but i surpose he is busy saving souls ect.  I do love sky and my ambition in life is to visit the temple where Tikay, Carlo and thewy live and to meet their master Channing... any way I have work tomorrow because at the moment the poker just is not covering the rent, but hey ho thats another dream, play well at the tables guys and dont worry to much about it being rigged we all end up in a box any how so just have fun and roll with it.
  • Options
    jonjo75jonjo75 Member Posts: 999
    edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Bad beats:
    I just shoved all in with AQ Suited to isolate and got called by another with 10 5 same suit as mine and lost, we both had 5000 plus chips in the deep stack, what the xxxx is that all about????? I would rather lose not being good enough at higher stakes than this, I know im loving the call when I see it preflop but it hurts so baddddddddd when that 10 comes on the river. More San Miguel required, also I want to applogies for my bad behaviour in the chat box the last few weeks its beeen so bad, I had to go church on sunday just to tell someone and get it off my chest, he doesnt understand how to play Ak vs 35 suited either but i surpose he is busy saving souls ect.  I do love sky and my ambition in life is to visit the temple where Tikay, Carlo and thewy live and to meet their master Channing... any way I have work tomorrow because at the moment the poker just is not covering the rent, but hey ho thats another dream, play well at the tables guys and dont worry to much about it being rigged we all end up in a box any how so just have fun and roll with it.
    Posted by kev8
    Saying you  both had 5000 chips means nothing unless you tell us the blinds. 
  • Options
    kev8kev8 Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Bad beats : Saying you  both had 5000 chips means nothing unless you tell us the blinds. 
    Posted by jonjo75
    Sorry mate was not really making that big of point about it, I was just reading peoples posts but just for the record blinds were 200/100 UTG shoves 997 all in, position two calls, fold, fold, I move all in 5k and a bit of change, fold from button back to caller who calls the further 4k. My thinking is I only want to be heads up with the UTG as i think hes shoving light with the first picture card or Ace he sees, the flat call by position two seems week to me hence the shove by me. cheers welcome feedback.
  • Options
    SLASHERZZZSLASHERZZZ Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2013
    I got beat 4 times on the river last night ahead in all, nice to know I am not the only one.
  • Options
    JSTFLIPPINJSTFLIPPIN Member Posts: 255
    edited July 2013
    Posted by kev8
    Wow haha
  • Options
    BURNShurtzBURNShurtz Member Posts: 1,005
    edited August 2013
    LMAO - I too have played most other poker sites and sky is no different to any other out there. A big factor why there are so many bad beat on the river is because (especially at Sky Poker) the standard of play at the micros is really bad. This next point is really important :- When nobody will fold a draw and chase it to the river it makes sense that variance will be higher, MUCH HIGHER. One more thing :- For a school maths project the 32 people in my class had to flip a coin 10,000 times each and combine the results, thats 320,000 flips, Guess what the biggest stretch of either heads or tails was? 41 times, tails came in a row. So give up moaning and make an effort to improve, I guarantee you that you're not capable yet, of fully comprehending the full effects of variance.
    Posted by dub1
    i bet your class loved you for that one, poor kids.
  • Options
    scwuffy54scwuffy54 Member Posts: 180
    edited August 2013
    bad beats is part of poker forget about them no player ever complains when the dish out a bad beat and we've all done it, it's part of the game. However i would like too see maybe some sort of badbeat jackpot bonus that could be won as it would soften the blow of suffering one. just my opinion
  • Options
    JPW33JPW33 Member Posts: 326
    edited August 2013
    And what is the suggestion ??????
  • Options
    garystgaryst Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    Posted by kev8

a bad play by the 10 5 suited but after he calls you were not that far ahead , 68% to 30% in your favour , not a huge advantage , 

• Options
    garystgaryst Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    Posted by kev8

a bad play by the 10 5 suited but after he calls you were not that far ahead , 68% to 30% in your favour , not a huge advantage , 

• Options
    JPW33JPW33 Member Posts: 326
    edited August 2013
    Yes but what is the suggestion ??/