You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

New Tables

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sky_PokerSky_Poker Member Posts: 2,715
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: New Tables:
    Why the new tables are more laggy than older ones? Do they need more computer resources? Thanks.
    Posted by rurarix
    No, in fact they have been designed to require less resource.

Can you please provide a bit more information as to what you are seeing.

Would be useful to know which version you are using (download or instant play). If it is instant play, what browser are you seeing this on please?

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • Options
    rurarixrurarix Member Posts: 41
    edited August 2013
    Hello. Thanks for the answer. I've always been using download version. What i do mean is that 6 older tables were faster and less laggy than 6 or 4 new...I mean mouse movements, clicking buttons etc. Feeling like a slowdown. Thanks.

P.S. Update for skypoker.com. Lags are slightly better when playing mini view tables, but they are quite severe when playing full size + the new tables load about 2x times slower than older ones. May be graphics card? I'm playing on my laptop connected to external monitor via HDMI. Thanks for suggestions
  • Options
    rob495rob495 Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: New Tables : Hello Try pulling the window out only in one direction e.g right using the right hand edge of the window. This will stretch the window longways and away from the normal screen size. Stretching the window in this way will move the chat box around.  If it still doesnt work try stretching the sides of the window in mini view, the change is more noticable. Hope that helps.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    I've tried stretching it every which way but with no joy.

Can everybody else get their chat box down the side or is it just me?

I'm using the downloaded version by the way.
  • Options
    rob495rob495 Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2013
    Hello. Thanks for the answer. I've always been using download version. What i do mean is that 6 older tables were faster and less laggy than 6 or 4 new...I mean mouse movements, clicking buttons etc. Feeling like a slowdown. Thanks. P.S. Update for skypoker.com. Lags are slightly better when playing mini view tables, but they are quite severe when playing full size + the new tables load about 2x times slower than older ones. May be graphics card? I'm playing on my laptop connected to external monitor via HDMI. Thanks for suggestions
    Posted by rurarix
    Yeah, I've found they load slower, about twice as long to load, like you say.
  • Options
    SkyPeterSkyPeter Member Posts: 221
    edited August 2013
    Hello,

Thank you for your feedback on the download client, many of these issues we are aware of and are currently working towards improving. Our goal is to make the experience offered by the download client as fluid as offered by the browser based tables this includes reducing lag time and general slowdown.

rob495 the responsive table preference on the download client is currently being developed and not yet introduced to the extent it has been for the browser based tables. 

I apologise I did not make the previous instructions more specific as they meant for the browser based tables.

Cheers.
  • Options
    _G__G_ Member Posts: 172
    edited August 2013
    hi everyone

i haven't played on any other site so i don't know what set up they do, all i can say is the new version tables look better and more professional than the old style.

i understand that if you multi table 3up 3down sits better on the screen, i don't multi table much so it no different to me,
    if i have a comment then it would be the colour scheme, i know sky scheme is blue but for me everything clashes and have slight difficultly see everything perrapers a slight change in some of the colour could be changed to make it more clear.

i still got a problem with loading the communities forum and blogs on download version, still have to through the web.

and i still get completely disconnected about an hour or so into my game.

All in all i find it excellent, a few teething problems but it is still new and i am sure sky will sort them out.

Goodluck everyone

Glen
  • Options
    TeeversTeevers Member Posts: 22
    edited August 2013
    Hi guys, Thanks for your feedback on the new software. It has been taken onboard.  Teevers, the option to launch the old table will be available until the new software is rolled out permanently across the site. My advice would be to continue using the new tables and try to get used to them. Give them a bit more of a go, after all, most new things take a bit of getting used to. :) RattyRy, sorry you feel that way about the new graphics. I would advise you the same thing as Teevers. Give it a go for a bit longer and see if you can get used to the new look. Is there anything you like about the new tables? What spoecifically would you like to see done in order to make the chips/cards more distinct? Have you tried resizing the tables to see if that helps? Let me know if there is anymore feedback and I'll pass it on to the team. Cheers.
    Posted by Sky_Sam

Using the laggier new software to "get used to it" isn't really an option when it costs us money to do so because the tables don't respond or update fast enough to give us time to make decisions - don't make us your guinea pigs. 

Please keep the old style as an option for as long as possible becuse somehow you guys have managed to make this update seem like a step backwards for anyone that multi tables. I use the download client only btw.
  • Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited August 2013
    The tables aren't laggier for me.
  • Options
    rurarixrurarix Member Posts: 41
    edited August 2013
    @ Teevers +100 m8.
  • Options
    rainman397rainman397 Member Posts: 1,394
    edited August 2013
    my avatar makes me look like golum , which is an improvement
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited August 2013
    Any updates on this? I really hope something changes before you get rid of the old setup!
  • Options
    Ubbi4820Ubbi4820 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    I'd just like to endorse Ivanovic's comments, which - as has already been said - hit the nail on the head. The 3+3 format is ideal for multi-tabling. The layout of the new tables is simply confusing. I know that you're not going to want to back down after investing so much effort in the new design, but please allow us to choose the option of using the old-style tables in future - just as we have the option of choosing the new tables now.
  • Options
    delpottydelpotty Member Posts: 17
    edited September 2013
    I'm finding it very difficult to get used to the new tables. I can't understand what was wrong with the old set up? It just needed small tweaking such as auto top up. Can you  not keep the feature of choosing between new or old?