You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Flop nuts - would you be calling on river?

2»

Comments

• Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Flop nuts - would you be calling on river?:
    In Response to Re: Flop nuts - would you be calling on river? : Definitely!  With a strong hand (eg flopped set) i would nearly always bet out. However, with flopping the absolute, stone cold nuts, Im gonna play it slower to hope I get 'caught up' a bit.  Yes, the value of keeping players in is lost and yes, it was very lucky to still get the call on the end.  However, i felt that i could check and let someone bet (a wrong assumption in this case) as 2 players behind me were VERY active and i felt sure they'd do the running for me.  That didnt happen and Im glad with the end result.  I take all comments and appreciate what they're saying. At the end of the day - Offshoot, Scotty and Ladyfingers have given me many headaches when at the tables against them and I'm still trying to improve as much as anyone else is! All comments greatly appreciated!
    Posted by phil12uk
    The absolute stregnth of your hand relates very little to how fast/slow you sghould play the hand.

It's your hands relative stregnth and board texture.

On this board you had the nizzuts but its not like you had the deck crippled like KT on a KKT board, it's still very easy for someone to have a hand thats going to call down at least two streets and maybe stack off on the flop with.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Flop nuts - would you be calling on river? : the only hand this guy is beating is a bluff
    Posted by N1CK
    he obviously had you on the straight, if not he would have only called your £2 river bet,after his raise to £10,then your raise all in i personally would have thought Ace flush, but as flashflush says, its easy in hindsight, a lot of players do go big to scare players off the hand, maybe he thought you were doing that. Also dont forget, you have to make this decision in seconds, id have probably called as well, then screamed at the monitor lol.
  • Options
    N1CKN1CK Member Posts: 1,453
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Flop nuts - would you be calling on river? : !!!!!!! my point is if he bets out and other players have something like a2, kq, 44, then he is hoping one of them hits their full house, if he bets and they all fold then am sure you would be saying, "why bet on a board like that when you have the stone cold nuts" phil got his man and got his money and that is all that matters!! stop being jealous
    Posted by webby234
    JEALOUS? i suggest that you read what these jealous people have to say thats if you want to improve your game rather than making stupid remarks about somthing you clearly have very little knowledge about
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Flop nuts - would you be calling on river? : JEALOUS? i suggest that you read what these jealous people have to say thats if you want to improve your game rather than making stupid remarks about somthing you clearly have very little knowledge about
    Posted by N1CK
    are you being serious here or is this the joke of the century? maybe you should take a step back and concentrate on improving your game a bit first before you start teling me too hey!

stats dont lie n1ck, stats dont lie
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Flop nuts - would you be calling on river? : Definitely!  With a strong hand (eg flopped set) i would nearly always bet out. However, with flopping the absolute, stone cold nuts, Im gonna play it slower to hope I get 'caught up' a bit.  Yes, the value of keeping players in is lost and yes, it was very lucky to still get the call on the end.  However, i felt that i could check and let someone bet (a wrong assumption in this case) as 2 players behind me were VERY active and i felt sure they'd do the running for me.  That didnt happen and Im glad with the end result.  I take all comments and appreciate what they're saying. At the end of the day - Offshoot, Scotty and Ladyfingers have given me many headaches when at the tables against them and I'm still trying to improve as much as anyone else is! All comments greatly appreciated!
    Posted by phil12uk
    i understand what your saying here phil but in my opinion with the texture of this flop your either going to win a big pot or a small one, the only way you win a big pot is if anyone has a piece of this so you have to lead out here 100% of the time, the only time imo to slow play anyflop would be to let sum1 catch up if you flop a house as for obvious reasons its hard for sum1 eles to have a piece of it to, anyway nice pot in the end and can you pleeeeeeeese mail me the name of the guy who paid you off lol
  • Options
    KdanemKdanem Member Posts: 118
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Flop nuts - would you be calling on river? : are you being serious here or is this the joke of the century? maybe you should take a step back and concentrate on improving your game a bit first before you start teling me too hey! stats dont lie n1ck, stats dont lie
    Posted by webby234
    divv
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Flop nuts - would you be calling on river? : are you being serious here or is this the joke of the century? maybe you should take a step back and concentrate on improving your game a bit first before you start teling me too hey! stats dont lie n1ck, stats dont lie
    Posted by webby234
    webbo is your middle name CLUELESS \?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    thought you were leaving? amazing how people just come back to have a pop at me!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    i'm not gonna trade insults with you its pathetic, and so is your behaviour
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    i'm not gonna trade insults with you its pathetic, and so is your behaviour
    Posted by webby234
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL KEV SAID UD BITE ..TC XX
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Posted by webby234
    If your talking about sharkscope, then yes, they definately dont tell the whole truth, you can manipulate stats whatever way you wish. I cant name names but one of the really good high stakes players on here has terrible sharkscope stats for this site, but he always seems to be winning. Thats because sharkscope dont include cash tables, and dont include sattelite tournies, so if you gain entry through sats your stats wont be counted.
  • Options
    edited December 2009

loony i just dont think hes in a position to tell me how to learn how to play poker when is game clearly isnt that good to what hes making out, he might be a great player going through a bad run but still doesnt give him the right to tell somebody to "learn" how to play when they have better stt and mtt results than him?

• Options
    edited December 2009
    loony i just dont think hes in a position to tell me how to learn how to play poker when is game clearly isnt that good to what hes making out, he might be a great player going through a bad run but still doesnt give him the right to tell somebody to "learn" how to play when they have better stt and mtt results than him?
    Posted by webby234
    Agreed, but to be honest is their one player on here that thinks they have nothing to learn? its all opinions anyway, sometimes its not the right or wrong way to play a hand, its just a different way.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited December 2009
    I wouldn't go that far but I think I'd say that you're in a minority of one on this webby.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    just amazing that people can say you played it badly when you got the maximum out of the hand? nobody knows for sure if he played it a different way that he would have got the smae result.

vince what do you mean you wouldnt go that far?

can you explain please?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    hi webbs,, love chill ur not always right lovey .oh happy xmas all razorkev sends his best wishes to all on sky tc xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Posted by webby234
    look mate iv played about 150 mtts on here with mates, i play more than that a week on other sites, your comments and asumptions are based on your own opinions which i feel are very limited in every aspect