You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

England world cup starting 11

2»

Comments

• Options
    12671267 Member Posts: 936
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: England world cup starting 11:
    In Response to Re: England world cup starting 11 : +1 ____________________________________________________________________ I'm glad 1267 isn't England manager. These days you need attacking full backs, so Baines is a country mile ahead of Cole. I think Cole is still a decent player and has done very well since being recalled by Chelsea, but it's a no-brainer for me. If Mourinho picks a right-footed left back over Cole, not sure how Cole can be picked ahead of Baines. Not sure who I'd take over Shaw/Cole as backup, but it's a very nice problem to have. In an earlier thread, 1267 slated everyone for not having Ramsey in their best prem teams, and then failed to pick Ramsey himself lol. I'm surprised this is even an issue as Baines is probably in the top 3, first names on the teamsheet. 
    Posted by splashies
    but has Mourinho won the champions league lately ? 

Ashley Cole has.  England arn't going to win the world cup by out scoring opponents.  Attacking full backs are great, but if England are to do well, they'll need clean sheets.   
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: England world cup starting 11:
    In Response to Re: England world cup starting 11 : but has Mourinho won the champions league lately ?  Ashley Cole has.  England arn't going to win the world cup by out scoring opponents.  Attacking full backs are great, but if England are to do well, they'll need clean sheets.   
    Posted by 1267
     In fairness to baines he hasnt played champions league for probably the best defensive team in europe. 
    which Cole has.
    Most top international teams dont play with width anyway and most goals are scored from either set plays or quick passing to go through the centre. 
    I would have baines for the set play reason and more importantly the ONLY way england can possibly progress is by Penalty shoot outs.
    So Baines for that reason has to play.
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited April 2014
    Forster 

Walker         Cahill          Shawcross      Baines

Gerrard         Barry

Lallana        Rooney      Henderson

Sturridge

Feel so dirty having Forster in there, but i personally think Hart is an accident waiting to happen.

• Options
    BARBIE59BARBIE59 Member Posts: 580
    edited May 2014
                                                                                                                                                            Hart                 Johnson               Cahill          Jagielka      Baines                                                                                                                                           Gerard                                                
                                                        Milner          Wilshire         Barkley                                               

Sturridge     Rooney     

This would be mine team a good blance to it with goals and a killer pass in all the top 5 bring on the 14th June!!
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited May 2014
     Hart

Johnson
    Cahill 
    Jagielka
    Baines 

Sterling
    Gerard
    Henderson
    Barkley