You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Master Cash 2nd January - Make Your Play TWO

2»

Comments

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Master Cash 2nd January - Make Your Play TWO:
    wats he callin with the a5 for   ?    rags. if ever used  are for atacking  not callin with........ note the phrase..................ragatackkkkkk.... not ragcall. doesent sound right
    Posted by zxghostxz
    There are more ways of attacking than just re-raising pre-flop (which just takes down a small pot if we don't get 4-bet).
    In position, "floating" and taking the pot on the turn can often be more profitable.
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited January 2010

Firstly, I am quite happy to call with with A 5 suited on the button. I have position on villian.
    Secondly, I am happy just to call the C bet with bottom pair after the flop, the chances of villain also hitting the flop is is only 4 or 5 to 1.
    Hitting the magic card on the turn is a real bonus and I would only Min raise hoping villain has a 10 so he may re-raise with two pair and you can then push.

I don't put villain on 10 10 or 6 6. I put villain on A 10 or K 10.

• Options
    Spike2120Spike2120 Member Posts: 112
    edited January 2010
    I personally don't like the call pre flop its for me the easy decision you have a suited rag ace so your either hoping your opponent has a lower ace or your playing for the nut flush, so in that respect I would have raised it pre-flop to make him as questions and your not likely to lose your customer as he over stacks you.

Frankly the call post flop is a strange one only reason for calling would be that previous knowledge would have suggested this player was loose and aggressive, but as it turns out we hit the set on the turn and I would definitely be raising into this pot as there is the flush draw which he could be playing on and I would rather take the pot now than risk the flush on the river.

Spike2120