You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

total player??????

2»

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

The 10% to the mentor is irrelevant, What dya get for just making the cash?

It will be pennies (to them), probably gettin paid more in wages to take part in the whole thing. Ive said it in previous threads, the reward for the mentor will be intrinsic, satisfaction of picking the 'winning' player, and then mentoring/watching them do well.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: total player??????:
    I watched the show last night after initially planning on going out. My truthful thoughts are - i was not bowled over by some of players choice of hand selections and when Phil and Thegrowler was selcted for Stts my heart sank a little as i thought i didn't make the 10 let alone the top three. When i was added to the last catergory i honestly thought i would have had a good chance at the top three now as Dave wouldn't have put me where a high stakes player would have been without reason. My hand where phil bluffs me i thought was not all that bad...yes i may have flopped an open ender but no more money went in by me whatever so i didn't really lose more chips - if i bet out or called after the flop then i would agree. Maybe two of the three hands were not so great but david has the final say and he must think he can work with me on improving. I'll say it now i really will be trying to win this thing as thats the way i am - but even if dave improves my game by the smallest of margins i'll consider it a sucess. And for you people still saying it favours the high stakes players and somehow we know were beiong selected. You are 100% wrong. 70% of the final 18 may be "high stakes" players on this site but that because we have a slightly better concept of the game and thiought process into hands, the przies also afftect the mentors to. Hand on heart put your self in the the mentors position - which 6 would you pick knowing you could potentially make a tidy sum from 10% of thier winnings? And ased on last nights top 10 i think he made the right choice.
    Posted by Nutter5932

first of all you are a very good player and congrats,

hand on heart the 10 o/o of winnings rule for mentors stinks,

this is why a lot of lower stake players are unhappy,

because the mentors will pick higher stake players,

its the rules that stink in this contest not the guys or mentors in it .

but its silly they keep saying everyone  has a chance to win,

no matter what stakes they play.

p.s well done again

• Options
    Nutter5932Nutter5932 Member Posts: 349
    edited January 2010
    Thank you -

This is my last post reagrding total player and myself.

I can see all angles of what people are saying but truth be told everyone will not be satisfied all the time it just does not happen. This is the case with total player so far, you dont know who the last 9 will be and nor do i or the other mentors at present.

Also dont forget the mentors have maybe 3 or 4 months to guide thier winner and get them ready for the biggest tournament of thier lives. This is what i think hinders the "lower staked" players who don't show good hand selection for the show or good thought process behind thier hands and here is why.

- They are way way out thier comfort zone money wise - Someone who sits down with as low as £30 a time on a table they play will be hugely affected by nerves when they do get out to vegas. I can tell you from experience My normal buy-in when i went was £50 and still is - It played on my mind just how big it was and perhaps i didn't play my normal game fully.

- Those players maybe don't understand some basics of play now and will struggle to grasp any deep thought processes the mentors try to impliment into thier game over x months. They will have improved no question about it, but perhaps not enough - would they truly play in pots with elky or ivey if by some small chance they are drawn with them ? and the deeper they go...that chance rises alot.
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited January 2010
    I just think its strange how people seem to think that sky are doing this promotion as a nice giveaway to its players?---Its a buisness idea to promote more play and higher stakes play on the site---full stop---one player will benefit from this promotion, hundreds will not, loads of people will spend money that they would not normally spend---that is why this promotion exists

I have no interest in moaning about low stakes versus high stakes players, I cannot qualify because I am not resident in the uk---I just think players should see this promotion for what it is--- An effort to make more money for sky, and not a fantastic gesture to thank players for their loyalty or patronage. Thats what the 100 quid freerolls are for --lol
  • Options
    Eagle26Eagle26 Member Posts: 431
    edited January 2010

at the end of the day the players who are gettin through are some of the best players on sky who have a fantastic game! i mean can anyone really disagree that these players shouldnt be there? they play high stakes bacause there ability has produced them the bankroll needed to play at these high levels! pokerbcity-2wsop cashes! dantb10-1wsop cash! sharksbite-several open victorys and countless final tables! nutter5932-started on this site playin low level heads up and built up a huge bankroll and  progressed to play in wsop! (although i did get u to lay down pocket kings last night in a cash game with my 9-10 offsuit lol)... point is they are selected because they are the BEST sky has to offer and in my opinion all deserve there place!...just look at the hands some of the low level players who have been selected are sending in! some of them are laughable!