You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

why would somebody do this 1st hand of a 5.50 SnG Tourney??? i dont understand......

2»

Comments

• Options
    JONONZIEJONONZIE Member Posts: 367
    edited January 2010

AHH that explains it scarys by their nature are fast and furious to be honest not a lot of thought to play them just shove hand hope great fun though so i dont think it was wrong of the player to shove with 22 good luck in future

• Options
    philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
    edited January 2010
    In Response to why would somebody do this 1st hand of a 5.50 SnG Tourney??? i dont understand......:
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance DDTKOd Small blind   15.00 15.00 2985.00 MenAceMan Big blind   30.00 45.00 2970.00   Your hole cards K K       baker09 Fold         BUDDYHOLLY Call   30.00 75.00 2970.00 Dozza Raise   150.00 225.00 2850.00 COOL0JULES All-in   3000.00 3225.00 0.00 DDTKOd Fold         MenAceMan Fold         BUDDYHOLLY Fold         Dozza All-in   2850.00 6075.00 0.00 Dozza Show K K       COOL0JULES Show 2 2       Flop     Q A 4       Turn     2       River     Q       COOL0JULES Win Full House, 2s and Queens 6075.00   6075.00
    Posted by Dozza
    theyv probably played here a while and realise theyv got a 50/50 chance of winning/losing.
  • Options
    salazarsalazar Member Posts: 330
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: why would somebody do this 1st hand of a 5.50 SnG Tourney??? i dont understand......:
    At the risk of getting shouted down    why did you call? after all its the first hand which was worth 30 chips why take the risk of loosing? you have no player information he may have AA or connecting cards even A rags and he is around 28%  and its a gamble whilst poker is gambling you have to weigh up the risks as its the first hand just let it go, its amazing how many people go all in first hand, the people who do  usually do not last long. be interesting to see his poker results on sharkscope can you check ? and let us know this will usualy tell you what type of player he is,  later on in the game its an instant call
    Posted by JONONZIE

While I would agree that this would be a bad call with AK in a DYM in the early stages, especially if you think you have an edge over your opponents. It is a call with kk. In SNG's you have to look at whether your decision is a +EV one over time and calling with kk even when blinds are 10 20 is. You are a big fav against any other hand than AA and the double up would allow you to sit back and cruise into the money.
    Get over it and hope you are lucky enough again to get all your money in as an 80% fav