You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Why,

2»

Comments

• Options
    OnlyOneCTOnlyOneCT Member Posts: 1,181
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Why,:
    Hi Hart, It might be of some use for you to take a look at the Omaha Board, there's a wealth of advice in there, especially on the "Omaha Hints & Tips for Beginners" thread. At the very top of the thread, it says this......(my enboldenment) "The suckouts you see, & players get upset about, in Texas Hold 'em are nothing compared to Omaha suckouts. It's a brutal game......   1) If you play Omaha, you will get the weirdest & most unexpected beats imaginable. Get used to it. 2) The Pots get VERY big VERY quickly in Omaha. ALL the Chips or cash you have in front of you will get in the middle sooner than in Hold Em . You MUST protect your hands , & to do that, you need to bet strongly. Hence the Pots soon get huge. It is THE greatest game you can imagine, but it's deeper - MUCH deeper - than NLH, it needs thinking about carefully. ...." The thread is here You might also take a look at Talon's Omaha Blogs, which are here Omaha is brutal. Each player is holding 6 x 2 card hands. So with 3 opponents, you are facing EIGHTEEN 2 card hands. What that means is that Omaha "beats" are absolutely routine, standard, & normal. You will get 5 of them every hour. Only by coming to terms with that will you enjoy the game to it's fullest - & you will, because it's THE most beautiful game. Once you come to terms with the beat-factor! Good Luck!
    Posted by Tikay10
    +1,000000000000000

• Options
    barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
    edited January 2010
    im sure i have seen you post the last few weeks saying how much you love omaha e.t.c

the beat?? you posted is a completley standard hand tbh and if you cant  cope with a standard hand like that it might not be the game for you
  • Options
    HartshorNHartshorN Member Posts: 616
    edited January 2010
    Yeh that's right barnsie, now a week later it's too much for me, i prefer change... i'm just kidding, and i know it's a pretty standard beat mate it was the quantity i had of them within the space of just a couple of hours.

Anyhow i'm embarrased with this post as it was out of anger more than anything, with the luck i had last night and previous days.

But now i'm fine, thanks for all who have posted advice and sorry to all that have been like "What?? just stfu"...

Will be playing my normal Omaha games today so will see some of you about on the tables :)