You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

ABUSE????.......MORE LIKE ABUSED

2»

Comments

• Options
    AIRWALKERAIRWALKER Member Posts: 680
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: ABUSE????.......MORE LIKE ABUSED:
    In Response to Re: ABUSE????.......MORE LIKE ABUSED : You are complaining, Nobody was aware of this until you posted it. This was something between you and the Sky mods but you wanted to rant over it in public. Nobody here has called you abusive. So pick your Teddy up and try to get over it.
    Posted by elsadog
    LOL, ok ok. Thank you very much. I am a bit over-sensitive and thin skinned sometimes but i am very defensive ALL the time if i feel that i am being unjustly called something. If i was talking to someone face to face and they told me to not spit my dummy out or something i would probably laugh my head off. Reading stuff is a bit cold and one dimensional.

I was looking forward to going to some live events and making friends and putting faces to names etc and i didn't want strangers ( not even 1 ) to think that i was abusive before they even had spoken to me. Thats sort of why i was so mad.

Thank you everyone for your comments they are much appreciated. And thank you Rich for pointing out that calling me abusive was a bit harsh. I honestly did not think for a second that my post didn't warrant being taken off and will be more careful in future.

Cheers and all the very best to everyone.

Airwalker
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Isn't over zealous vigilance better than none?   At another site I have campaigned against certain words that are not filtered effectively - such as being called a ****** ( the filter wont let me write it, lol).  Skypoker is a verbally clean and non-abusive site..........................
    Posted by tiercel
    I totally agree.
  • Options
    major1962major1962 Member Posts: 178
    edited January 2010
    I think everyone got their point across BUT, why oh why do people get upset by a posters comments?
    If you disagree or want to make a point, is there any need to be nasty/childish/abusive?
    Also, if responders read the post properly, they would see the actual reason for the post, not assume the point they were making.
    Comments such as "throwing a teddy out of the pram" arent really helpful are they?
    I see lots of name calling on the forum (although most are very supportive and helpful) and in the chat boxes.
    Stop and think first before you type, the time it takes to count to ten (or 100 if you have a temper like mine) should be enough to calm down and react sensibly. (or not at all)
    The amount of times ive thought "what an idiot" for calling with their hand or risking their tourny life and get lucky
    is too numerous to mention, but i take the chat off quickly before i say something that isnt worth typing in the end.
    This is a fantastic site but it could be so much better if people stopped being abusive to each other.
    Well, ive said enough to raise a few more comments i'm sure, lets make them informative, pleasant and helpful eh?

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    I think everyone got their point across BUT, why oh why do people get upset by a posters comments? If you disagree or want to make a point, is there any need to be nasty/childish/abusive? Also, if responders read the post properly, they would see the actual reason for the post, not assume the point they were making. Comments such as "throwing a teddy out of the pram" arent really helpful are they? I see lots of name calling on the forum (although most are very supportive and helpful) and in the chat boxes. Stop and think first before you type, the time it takes to count to ten (or 100 if you have a temper like mine) should be enough to calm down and react sensibly. (or not at all) The amount of times ive thought "what an idiot" for calling with their hand or risking their tourny life and get lucky is too numerous to mention, but i take the chat off quickly before i say something that isnt worth typing in the end. This is a fantastic site but it could be so much better if people stopped being abusive to each other. Well, ive said enough to raise a few more comments i'm sure, lets make them informative, pleasant and helpful eh?  
    Posted by major1962
    The original post was an attempt at soliciting sympathy and a reaction over what should have been a private matter. Getting all uppity because a post wasn't allowed or a word censored, and rattling on about it being abusive to have had it disallowed, is throwing out the teddy. If you have a problem with the sky mods do as has been suggested a hundred times on here. Send a PM to Sky Rich. 
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: ABUSE????.......MORE LIKE ABUSED : The original post was an attempt at soliciting sympathy and a reaction over what should have been a private matter. Getting all uppity because a post wasn't allowed or a word censored, and rattling on about it being abusive to have had it disallowed, is throwing out the teddy. If you have a problem with the sky mods do as has been suggested a hundred times on here. Send a PM to Sky Rich. 
    Posted by elsadog
    I did send a private message to Rich. Straight away. The only reason i publicly announced what had happened was to let people know that i was not and am not abusive. ( and for a bit of a rant ) with great respect to you it is not up to you what people want to start a thread about. You read it and then had an unprovoked rant at me for nothing. You could have thought 'what a numpty, fancy posting that what an idiot' and said nothing. but you CHOSE to insult me instead. If that's what your nature is like then so be it. I would no way have spoke to you like that first. Anyhow i have moved on and i hope in future we can have a laugh over something else and forget all about it because normally i laugh my head off at your postings and enjoy reading them.

Peace.

Airwalker.
  • Options
    JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited January 2010
    Hi Airwalker, i'm really sorry to hear you took this badly and feel upset over the matter. let me clear things up for you... firstly posts that break our house rules ( viewable here ) will be removed. secondly the severity of the post will determine the severity of our moderation action (post removed, warnings, bans etc) your blog comment was (rightly) reported for for being unacceptable and inappropriate for this community. when blog comments are reported and taken down by our system you will see the message you have queried. it is an automatic response designed to inform users that we are keeping an eye over blog comments and unacceptable ones will not be tolerated. i see your point that 'abusive' may have been the wrong term in this instance and i'll re-look at how the automatic responses are worded. so again i apologise that you were upset by the matter but i hope you understand that your comment broke the house rules and was not suitable for this community. all the best, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich

Dear United Nations,

I have recently come across an individual who's ability to quell anguish and offensiveness is beyond belief.  Could I ask you to support a round the world ticket, stopping for one week, at the following locations:

Afghanistan

Israel

Palestine

Northern Ireland

Sri Lanka

America

Pakistan

India

I'm sure that his time spent in these locations, at your expense, would be time and money well spent.

Yours

etc....  

• Options
    fitzer14fitzer14 Member Posts: 248
    edited January 2010

Another case of a post taken out of context..for what its worth AIRWALKER,i understood the point you was making in a adult and grown up post,   But once again a poster suffers childish insults for making a clear and innocent post, i  also got this recently "pick your dummy up" which i found very childish.......Dont let yourself be dragged down to the same level m8.

Fitz.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
      Another case of a post taken out of context..for what its worth AIRWALKER,i understood the point you was making in a adult and grown up post,   But once again a poster suffers childish insults for making a clear and innocent post, i  also got this recently "pick your dummy up" which i found very childish.......Dont let yourself be dragged down to the same level m8. Fitz.
    Posted by fitzer14
    Thankyou very much fitz you are a true gent. I am really grateful for what you have just said.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    n Response to Re: ABUSE????.......MORE LIKE ABUSED:
    In Response to Re: ABUSE????.......MORE LIKE ABUSED : Airwalker, I can see your point (all the points you have made) and I sympathise with you. I have also seen Sky Rich's response and it appears that you did receive a standard response and the wording of that response is not ideal in your case but Sky Rich is going to review that for the future. So, "calm down, calm down"! Nobody thinks you're abusive. You're always going to get people posting replies that disagree with you. That's the nature of a forum. Don't worry about it.
    Posted by Seagull158
    Cheers Seagull. Rich's response was very welcome and appreciated as is yours.
  • Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited January 2010
    :o)

x

• Options
    emilyeggemilyegg Member Posts: 3,408
    edited January 2010
    It is a bit PC so to speak but you can see the point of the rules and why they are there to protect people.

Imagine for instance you are a housewife and mother who likes to shop at a well known high street frozen food retailer where many wholesome items are available for as little as £1 a pop. You may also have had your fair share of problems regarding the law, boyfriends, jobs, et cetera, et cetera.
     If you were in this unfortunate position a wee game of poker could be just the job to escape it all.
    To read amusing, but ultimately non-pc posts on threads could cause a relapse.......
  • Options
    philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
    edited January 2010
    In Response to ABUSE????.......MORE LIKE ABUSED:
    Before this is removed i would like to make a statement to everone on this site. The caption comp has 2 snowmen sitting watching football in a stadium. I put a caption remarking that they might have 'overdone it' using a certain substance. This caption was removed and it was made clear that i was being abusive. politically incorrect, bad taste, not funny, perhaps but i just want to say i was not abusive towards anyone on this site and that no one could possibly feel 'abused' by my caption. I am furious and have complained very strongly asking whoever to remove it as will not accept being misrepresented in this way. It is absolutely laughable and PATHETIC !!!!!!!! Cheers everyone !
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    s'funny that,cos i also used a similar comment,"johnson and johnson(brandname)had overdone the marching powder this time",but sky obviously didnt "get it",bcoz as far as im aware its still on show 4 all 2 see...maybe "coke" is a brand name that theyr not allowed 2 use..
  • Options
    philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
    edited January 2010
    It is a bit PC so to speak but you can see the point of the rules and why they are there to protect people. Imagine for instance you are a housewife and mother who likes to shop at a well known high street frozen food retailer where many wholesome items are available for as little as £1 a pop. You may also have had your fair share of problems regarding the law, boyfriends, jobs, et cetera, et cetera.  If you were in this unfortunate position a wee game of poker could be just the job to escape it all. To read amusing, but ultimately non-pc posts on threads could cause a relapse.......
    Posted by emilyegg
    i used 2 know a couple of people who lived in Iceland,nice people,but could only use a microwave...