You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

UKPC Advice

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,674
    edited January 2016

^^^^

Well Hello 992 Milly Milestone Hand Winner, & congratulations.

The default start date for all Sky Poker Qualifiers (& Promo winners....) Is the Saturday, which is the 27th, though if you prefer to start on the Thursday or Friday, that's fine, just let me know on here. 

In due course, Sky Poker will send you an e-Mail, with all the formal details.

Again, very well done. Are you looking forward to it?  
  • Options
    broggy545broggy545 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: UKPC Advice:
    ^^^^ Well Hello 992 Milly Milestone Hand Winner, & congratulations. The default start date for all Sky Poker Qualifiers (& Promo winners....) Is the Saturday, which is the 27th, though if you prefer to start on the Thursday or Friday, that's fine, just let me know on here.  In due course, Sky Poker will send you an e-Mail, with all the formal details.   Again, very well done. Are you looking forward to it?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    nervous..... but yes looking forward to it!

Is there any advantage of starting on Thursday/Friday? Or do they play down to a certain amount on Day 1A/B/C and if you are still in play you play on the final day?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: UKPC Advice : nervous..... but yes looking forward to it! Is there any advantage of starting on Thursday/Friday? Or do they play down to a certain amount on Day 1A/B/C and if you are still in play you play on the final day?
    Posted by broggy545
    That's a very good question.

1) It does not matter if you play 1a, 1b or 1c, all three opening days will play EXACTLY the same amount of levels. That ensures all survivors make Day Two on a level footing.

2) Days 1a & 1b will have far less entrants than Day 1c.

3) Day 1c will contain a greater proportion of recreational players & satellite qualifiers.

4) Days 1a & 1b will contain more pro players who will want to take advantage of multi bullets. Players can re-enter once each day, or any subsequent days, so pros will likely play 1a & 1b.

• Options
    WkdLogikWkdLogik Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2016
    Hi Tikay

Silly question alert,so apologies.

I'll be honest,I get confused with all the day 1s and 2s and a and b and flights etc, in lay mans terms am I right in thinking I basically can either play a day 1 and try and get a stack throug to day 2-or I can just buy in directly to day 2 with a standard sized stack??

If I'm right in that thinking how big is the stack for Sunday? 50bb? Less.
    Also where can I buy IN , I mean Party Poker events through DTD have to be bought into via the poker client,is that the career or can I just rock up Sunday morning to the cage?

Thanks
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Ukpc:
    Hi Tikay Silly question alert,so apologies. I'll be honest,I get confused with all the day 1s and 2s and a and b and flights etc, in lay mans terms am I right in thinking I basically can either play a day 1 and try and get a stack throug to day 2-or I can just buy in directly to day 2 with a standard sized stack?? If I'm right in that thinking how big is the stack for Sunday? 50bb? Less. Also where can I buy IN , I mean Party Poker events through DTD have to be bought into via the poker client,is that the career or can I just rock up Sunday morning to the cage? Thanks
    Posted by WkdLogik
    You can play any day 1 and if you bust re enter another day 1. You cannot directly buy into day 2. Day 1 starts at 12 with late reg up until 16.40.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Ukpc:
    Hi Tikay Silly question alert,so apologies. I'll be honest,I get confused with all the day 1s and 2s and a and b and flights etc, in lay mans terms am I right in thinking I basically can either play a day 1 and try and get a stack throug to day 2-or I can just buy in directly to day 2 with a standard sized stack?? If I'm right in that thinking how big is the stack for Sunday? 50bb? Less. Also where can I buy IN , I mean Party Poker events through DTD have to be bought into via the poker client,is that the career or can I just rock up Sunday morning to the cage? Thanks
    Posted by WkdLogik
    Hi Logic Man.

Not silly questions at all.

As Matt Bates replied, you cannot enter straight into Day 2.

Day 1a bustouts CAN re-enter into Day 1b or 1c.

Day 1b bustouts CAN re-enter into Day 1c. 

Day 1c is a "pure Freezeout", which we did specifically to give a better experience for the Sky Poker qualifiers, & one of the reasons we are default entering all our players into 1c. However, if you prefer 1a or 1b, we can sort that too.

To be clear, if you bustout on Day 1c, that's it, it's game over, gg you.

Direct Buy-ins?

Nearer the time, you may be able to do this via Sky Poker.

Alternatively, as you say, just poll up on the day with the cash, & you can buy in over the desk. However, if you plan to do that on Day 1c, do so EARLY, as there will be queues & alternates on Day 1c.

Any more questions, fire away. Hope we see you there.

• Options
    MonkeyGLBMonkeyGLB Member Posts: 133
    edited February 2016
    Finally after coming so close last year on several occassions I have finally qualified for UKPC last night.

Due to work that week I will be rolling into Nottingham on the Thursday. Will anyone be about to share a beer or two ?? Otherwise I may consider playing one of the earlier Day 1a or Day1b. However to meet some of the other players and staff of SKY sounds a lot more fun :)

See you in Nottingham ....

Gary - MonkeyGLB
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Hi Gary,

Sorry, only just seen this.

Look forward to seeing you there. Any problems, give me a shout.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited February 2016
    Finally after coming so close last year on several occassions I have finally qualified for UKPC last night. Due to work that week I will be rolling into Nottingham on the Thursday. Will anyone be about to share a beer or two ?? Otherwise I may consider playing one of the earlier Day 1a or Day1b. However to meet some of the other players and staff of SKY sounds a lot more fun :) See you in Nottingham .... Gary - MonkeyGLB
    Posted by MonkeyGLB
    There will be lots of sky regs there. Normally players find Tikay or Richard Prew who then introduce you to some of the sky lot. I will be there at the bar on Friday night so feel free to pop over and say hello.
  • Options
    MonkeyGLBMonkeyGLB Member Posts: 133
    edited February 2016
    I will do Matt and look forward to meeting various players and officials over the weekend.

Just a note to the powers upstairs ....

I have not received an email regarding the weekend yet even though I know of others that have who qualified last weekend???

Just thought someone should know .... I will be there anyway !!

Gary
  • Options
    anisman1anisman1 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2016
    Thanks for all the info Tikay as far as i knew i was registered to play on the 26th as stated on sky poker . Hopefully sky can confirm all the details as it would be good to get hotel and train sorted as im coming from edinburgh Cheers freeroll qualifier btw
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Thanks for all the info Tikay as far as i knew i was registered to play on the 26th as stated on sky poker . Hopefully sky can confirm all the details as it would be good to get hotel and train sorted as im coming from edinburgh Cheers freeroll qualifier btw
    Posted by anisman1
    Hi,

ALL Sky Poker qualifiers are entered by default into Saturday 27th (NOT Friday 26th), though if you'd prefer to play the Friday, that's fine, just let me know.

You should have had your e-Mail by now - I do apologise that these were not sent out as quickly as they should have been, but I understand this is now being addressed.

If you have any more queries or questions, post again, & we'll get you sorted.

Look forward to seeing you in Nottingham later this month.
  • Options
    anisman1anisman1 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2016
    Thanks for the quick response Tikay im booking hotel now for the friday and saturday to enjoy the whole experience of playing the ukpc championship .ps not had any e-mail response as of yet maybe it would be a good idea to change the date on the tournament schedule from the 26th to 27th just so players dont get confused 

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Thanks for the quick response Tikay im booking hotel now for the friday and saturday to enjoy the whole experience of playing the ukpc championship .ps not had any e-mail response as of yet maybe it would be a good idea to change the date on the tournament schedule from the 26th to 27th just so players dont get confused 
    Posted by anisman1
    You are absolutely correct. I'll ask them again to correct it.