You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Rebuys

2»

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,553
    I have covered the problem in the 2 simple questions thread.
  • Options
    I've missed a few add ons before, and yes it is frustrating, but an auto add on is not needed. I often stand to benefit when half the field doesn't add on and I jump up 20 places. Why is it so difficult to just remember to add on? You remember to buy in and rebuy. Perhaps set an alarm on your phone to go off during the add on period to remind you.

I am confused by the fact that you start your post by saying you have missed some, admit it is frustrating, and then ask why is it so difficult to just remember to add on. So why did you miss some?
    Most players miss some, and most players would agree with it being frustrating. Most players that is excluding The Lone Ranger and Tonto. They just see it as moaning.
    I don't think it is life or death it is just easier with an auto add on. As it has been pointed out that Sky cant do an auto add on there is no point in moaning about it (hope The Lone Ranger and Tonto take note)
    However if the table could be made to pop up at the start of the add on break, it would be a good solution, for those playing a number of tables.
  • Options
    gazza127gazza127 Member Posts: 2,156
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    The problem with auto add on is mistakes are made by humans, would it be an idea to have a social media group of like minded people who could prompt one another to re-buy?
    I think the difference between complaining and moaning is you address the complaint to someone who may be able to address it, a moan is to anyone who will listen. Hope you all have a great day, there's worse things in life.
  • Options
    I have asked the two rebuy questions on the 2 simple questions thread now. Unfortunately even when you address a question, or suggestion to those that may be able to address them, on a forum you cant stop others getting involved, like The Lone Ranger and Tonto, of course.
    Nothing in poker is life or death.
    You have a great day too.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

I have asked the two rebuy questions on the 2 simple questions thread now. Unfortunately even when you address a question, or suggestion to those that may be able to address them, on a forum you cant stop others getting involved, like The Lone Ranger and Tonto, of course.
    Nothing in poker is life or death.
    You have a great day too.

You've mentioned this 'joke' about 5 times in as many posts.

It's not helping.
  • Options
    Not sure of what its not helping?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Not sure of what its not helping?

Your stance.

Comes off childish and argumentative - intended or not.
  • Options
    Ok, I was annoyed by their posts, and the fact that they had absolutely nothing to do with this thread.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,657
    why not late reg one minute after the start of the tournament , you sit and can insta rebuy while the 1st hand is being played , me i reg for the smaller rebuys ( i have to sat into the bigger ones )a couple of minutes before late reg ends and rebuy as soon as i sit
  • Options
    stokefc said:

why not late reg one minute after the start of the tournament , you sit and can insta rebuy while the 1st hand is being played , me i reg for the smaller rebuys ( i have to sat into the bigger ones )a couple of minutes before late reg ends and rebuy as soon as i sit

Ah, well that'd cost you 50p
  • Options
    That's a bit pots and kettles- you have used that joke before.
  • Options

That's fine, except if everybody did that the tournament would be cancelled. I was just saying what I thought might be the best way to do it.
    I often just fold the first hand, but some hands are hard to fold.
    The obvious thing is to allow rebuys in the 40 or 50 seconds after the table is open but before the first hand is dealt.
    It would also increase the prize pool, as players that would have rebought initially, but win a few chips, may not rebuy at all.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,657
    i agree but i take it you are talking about the bigger BI rebuy tournaments with big gtds which will always get above min runners and never be cancelled
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

That's a bit pots and kettles- you have used that joke before.

• Options
    I was thinking in terms of the 5pm, always gets there in the end, but lots of late regs.
  • Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    New software, same old forum.
  • Options
    Why would you expect it to be any different?