You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SKY POKER AND THE PROBABILITY OF CHANCE

cowboy59cowboy59 Member Posts: 26
Hi , would be interested to hear from others who think that sky poker is not quite as fair as it should be ! Having studied standard deviation and the probability of chance it astounds me how many times a player with three possible outs hits on river card on this site ! To say that this happens on a very regular basis absolutely amazing ...... Would welcome a comment from Sky on this what shall we say ....... improbable statistic ?However i feel that this will not happen !

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    I think there is a high probability that you will be ridiculed.
  • Options
    cowboy59cowboy59 Member Posts: 26
    Was asking for constructive comments ! However some people should have been on the stage !
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2017
    good point mate. post more on it please. and on your thoughts about the 9/11 twin towers steel beams and the moon landing.
  • Options
    cowboy59 said:

Was asking for constructive comments ! However some people should have been on the stage !

You question the integrity of the site then want someone from Sky to comment?

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited November 2017
    cowboy59 said:

Hi , would be interested to hear from others who think that sky poker is not quite as fair as it should be ! Having studied standard deviation and the probability of chance it astounds me how many times a player with three possible outs hits on river card on this site ! To say that this happens on a very regular basis absolutely amazing ...... Would welcome a comment from Sky on this what shall we say ....... improbable statistic ?However i feel that this will not happen !

What "improbable statistic"?

If you would like to offer some statistics of your observations over a reasonable sample size, I'd be happy to comment.

Who exactly benefits from these supposed improbable statistics?
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    cowboy59 said:

I have also studied statistics, and I believe there's a high probability that you are talking nonsense.

I have also noticed that there is a positive correlation between likelihood of moaning about the RNG on the forum, and the number of buy-ins lost in your most recent session. Just sayin'...
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited November 2017
    cowboy59 said:

If you have studied statistics then I imagine you understand how important it is to have, erm, umm... data? I cannot see your data in your post?

Your point is on rather shaky ground when you complain about the frequency of something happening but do not detail the frequency of it happening.

Although I may feel like sticking a blunt pencil in my eye when I see some rivers... it doesn't "astound me how many times a player with three possible outs hits on river card on this site".

Frustrating yes but it seems, to me at least, to happen with roughly statistically probable frequency.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    oh garth what have they done
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    Where would be without conspiracy theorists? Let me see-main options seem to be:-

1. Sky risks its entire gaming business in order to take your £5 and give it to someone else; or

2. You are deluded

Tough call...
  • Options
    conorshay1conorshay1 Member Posts: 139
    scotty77 said:

good point mate. post more on it please. and on your thoughts about the 9/11 twin towers steel beams and the moon landing.

scotty no politics please we all no the moon landings were fake and that the americans set up the world trade centres , we don't need people making fools of themselves by saying that they believe what the government tell them , we already no most people in this country are still asleep
  • Options
    aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    cowboy59 said:

Having studied standard deviation and the probability of chance
    However i feel that this will not happen !

"feel" probably means that you need to study more.

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,548
    edited November 2017
    We need players to stay and be old wise one's. :wink: don't need the "Apaches" to ambush him.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,531
    edited November 2017
    cowboy59 said:

After reading this I can say that statistically there's a 100% chance that you've never studied standard deviation.
  • Options
    adsthepro7adsthepro7 Member Posts: 264
  • Options
    Welcome to Sky Poker hope you enjoy the experience please feel free to ask any questions on the Forum.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    goldon said:

Welcome to Sky Poker hope you enjoy the experience please feel free to ask any questions on the Forum.

There is no question, he's not very subtly suggesting the site is bent.

This is why he's getting the responses he's getting, and rightly so.
  • Options

goldon said:

There is no question, he's not very subtly suggestion the site is bent.

He's not new, 2012 only to the Forum so he should be wise to the beats, why has he taken this long to speak out there's no need to ridicule him he may not have seen all the other posts on this subject. We have lost to many players already please don't add another one by being bitchy.
  • Options
    goldon said:

goldon said:

He's not new, 2012 only to the Forum so he should be wise to the beats, why has he taken this long to speak out there's no need to ridicule him he may not have seen all the other posts on this subject. We have lost to many players already please don't add another one by being bitchy.
    All he has to do is take one look at 'the rail' and he'll never trouble us here again.

• Options

goldon said:

goldon said:

All he has to do is take one look at 'the rail' and he'll never trouble us here again.

He is very welcome in the Rail, but more constructive would be to point him in the direction of the free play tables to test out his theories without losing his money then after come back with the outcome. What is your suggestion.?
  • Options
    goldon said:

goldon said:

goldon said:

He is very welcome in the Rail, but more constructive would be to point him in the direction of the free play tables to test out his theories without losing his money then after come back with the outcome. What is your suggestion.?
    I have no suggestions for people of that ilk. They are beyond help. Constructive enough for you?