You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

£500 Guaranteed PLO8 BH MTT tonight at 9.15pm

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,315

Quick reminder that this tourney, which made it's debut last week after months of lobbying by MarkyBangsOn&On&On, runs again tonight.

Last Sunday it got an encouraging 26 entrants, with the top 4 being @loololollo @chicknMelt @HENDRIK62 & @sweet420.

Prediction for the number of runners tonight?

You can enter it here;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_tnmt_lobby&game_id=32062075&guid=e2d08da3-0f20-4a3e-9333-092ae0b45ace

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,315

My guess for number of runners tonight?

• gerardirlgerardirl Member Posts: 1,299
    Any chance of sats for this Tikay? If not today maybe for future weeks?
  • markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    I will go for 31
    gerardirl said:

Any chance of sats for this Tikay? If not today maybe for future weeks?

Hi Ger,

I can ask for you (for future weeks) but I doubt it.

The Business will probably prefer to protect their Liabilities in stuff like the Sunday Major (£15k, some weeks £20k) rather than a £500 event.

I'm not sure Sky Poker ever run sats to £500 events do they? There's more downside than upside I imagine.
  • safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,542
    No problem Tikay, was just being selfish :)
    gerardirl said:

No problem Tikay, was just being selfish :)

Not at all, Ger, it was a fair question.

I don't make these decisions, but to my mind, I'm not convinced it has any merit for the Business.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,432
    My guess is 19. I'm unable to play this week and indeed about 50% of these due to a prior commitment (tennis). I'm guessing when I play there will be more players as I represent good value.
  • eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
  • UrABawBag2UrABawBag2 Member Posts: 122
    will go for 22 runners
    eon1961 said:

WINNER

20 was the correct answer.

20 entries last night, which was a shade disappointing. It covered the Guarantee though, so probably survives for another week.

There's a pattern to new MTT's, both on Sky Poker & elsewhere. Big numbers first week, then the enthusiasm wanes.

Not much The Business can do, sometimes the players have to do their bit too - spread the word, make noise on the Forum, mention it on Twitter, da de da.

Well done to Marky & the players for actually masking enough noise to get it going, but plenty more work to do to keep it running.

Last night's result?

4th place was @huuuuume

3rd was @UrABawBag2

2nd was @_Mr_G_

WINNER -

@tomgoodun

Last week's surprise package, @HENDRIK62 almost did it again, he finished 5th, & @Sweet420, who was 4th last week was 6th last night.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,522
    There is 1 possible Sat that might work.

The 7.15 could be converted from a "£200 guaranteed" to a "5 seats guaranteed" just on a Sunday.

Jobs a (Tom) Goodun
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,183
    Essexphil said:

The 7.15 could be converted from a "£200 guaranteed" to a "5 seats guaranteed" just on a Sunday.

Jobs a (Tom) Goodun

I think this could be a really good idea, many folks will play in this as its one of the last chances to climb weekly league, the added boost of seats would be a real pull.
    Flat pay out would be offset by bounties, extra money in prizepool (I think this has smashed guarantee consistently but don't have numbers to hand) and another bite at league points in the 9.15 target event
    Sounds good, what time does the 7.15 normally finish?
  • pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    Essexphil said:

Jobs a (Tom) Goodun

Essexphil said:

Jobs a (Tom) Goodun

Excellent idea.
  • adzboadzbo Member Posts: 52
    I think the issue for this will be the jump in size in buy-in from all other OHL tourny's to this one. There is a pretty decent OHL contingent on here, I think, but the majority play £2/£3/£5 DYM's, with a £3 FO or £5 BH thrown in for good measure. The jump from those to a £33 is is pretty severe imo. For me personally, as much as I want as many OHL tourny's on here as possible, this is way above my usual bankroll so I could only play it fleetingly and I think there's a lot of others in the same boat. I think a weekly £10 FO/BH with a monthly £20 or £30 would be a much better shout, in terms of guarantees being hit etc, as the jump in buy-in is nowhere near as severe and would make more of the OHL guys and gals more likely to play.

That being said, I hope I'm completely wrong and it crushes the guarantee every week :)

Adzbo
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,054
    edited December 2017
    I agree with Adzbo.

I will play DYMs upto £22, usually £3, £5, £11, but only bought directly in to MTT or DYM above that twice in my sky life. (One of those was a mistake)

However, if it keeps smashing the guarantee, what do we know?

Sorry to be a misery after all the hard work (moaning) Marky has put in to get this going.

Just my opinion.

GL
    I agree with you Adz, which is why I asked about satellites but Im not as knowledgable as Tikay on the business end of things so I didnt really consider that part. I think Essexphils idea is a good one. The plo8 player pool rarely play £11 dyms so I wouldnt expect to see many of them play a £33 mtt. I suspect most the players entered are players that play those stakes and mainly holdem players.

Hope it works out though for Marky and others as he is a very good guy and I admire his efforts.