You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Review of UKOPS Day 4 (Easter Sunday)

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,475

Easter Sunday was yet another thoroughly miserable day weather-wise. There's a really odd atmosphere on Easter Sunday, even the Supermarkets do not open, & they open 363 days per year, the only other day they don't open is Xmas Day.

The alternative world of Online - and many of us grew up long before it was invented - never closes, ever. It's not just open 365 days per year, it's open, literally, 24/7, or more correctly 24/7/365 in modern written parlance. What wonderful times we live in.

Bad weather, shops not open, plus the disaster of Ant not being on TV, has to be a good thing for Sky Poker, & all other UK facing Online Poker Sites, & indeed it was. After a worrying performance on Saturday, when 5 UKOPS jobbies missed Guarantee, it was business as normal last night, with 7 of the 8 (including The Big One) covering G'Tee, & just one of the 8 missing by a paltry 5 runners.

Good MTT traffic begats good cash game & SNG traffic too, so it was a good day all round.

Now, of course, we beckon Spring & Summer, light evenings, good weather, & the annual seasonal downturn in Online poker traffic. Guarantees start to shrink, & Team Negative Ninnie will be on the Forum complaining about that, "is sky poker dying???!!!". Note the poor grammar. Think I'm making it up, or exaggerating? Watch this space.

OK, let's get on with last night's fun and games.

Comments

• Options

UKOPS 23, 6.30pm Sunday, £11 entry £2,000 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter

A few players were caught napping by the early start, but 238 runners could be described as "a decent turnout", though in my little world, "decent turnout" has a completely different meaning.

@jordz16 snuck (sneaked/snucked?) into 23rd, one place behind @LARSON7, with @Itsover4u in 17th & @LmfaoAllin 15th.

A good effort by @MAXALLY in 8th dulled the pain of the dire Stoke City shipping another 3 goals in defeat to the Arsenal. (Are any other big football clubs prefixed in normal-speak by "the"?).

6th went to @LiamRynn, 5th to @LnarinOO & in 4th was the cleverly named @LEGENDERRY who I think we can assume comes from Derry.

Also from across the water, Dublin this time presumably, was @TheDart in 3rd place, (DART = Dublin Area Rapid Transit).

Runner-up was the impressive @Haydenx37, with the win going to @wi03 who, by his high standards has had a quiet UKOPS.
  • Options

UKOPS 24, 7pm Sunday, £22 entry £3,000 Guaranteed Deep Stack

The debate about Deep Stacks v Bounty Hunters on Sky Poker continues unabated, with neither side willing to yield ground. UKOPS Event #24 was the first Deep Stack of the series, & it missed Guarantee, albeit not by much.

@chicknMelt, another who has had a relatively quiet UKOPS (so far) min-cashed, as did @BooBooTheB, and @MAXALLY made it consecutive cashes in 16th, just behind @tom_mull.

11th was @wi03, who was busy winning the evening's opener, @Burger306 was 8th, with 7th going to @cpfc_2010. (Palace 1, Liverpool 2 for those who missed it).

In the "how do these things happen?" department, @ctbn was 6th. By way of livening up these Reports, I rung up ctbn & interviewed him, & it went like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKQ3ZNQ_O8

Which, by his standards, was fairly eloquent I thought.

5th was @Steel_Fury with @chrisdonkb 4th.

A welcome change of luck for @Udderz in 3rd, and it was a third cash this series for runner-up @Super_Oli

Delighted to see @Duesenberg take this one down. He's a most articulate Forum poster, not a fan of BH's, but has been suffering - by his own admission - from cantbebotheredtogrinditis. This in turn led to a period of soul-searching & sock drawer sorting. Don't believe me? Read his Diary, here;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/172869/duesenbergs-2018-challenge-10k-profit/p10

Well done Dues, that's April off to a flyer, eh?

Incidentally, have you ever wondered what the alias "Duesenburg" might mean? Here's a Duesenburg. How beautiful is that? They don't make motors like that any more.

• Options

UKOPS 25, 7.30pm Sunday, £33 entry £8,000 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter

Great to see this one do so well (327 runners). At £33, & with a £110 event to follow, there was a worry it might struggle, but it did just fine.

There was a long-overdue UKOPS cash for @MattBates in 23rd, & he was marginally outstayed by @cpfc_2010, with @Froozle 12th & @Tedson 9th.

6th was @spitfire10, 5th @clarkyy1, 4th @d0wn5wing, 3rd @JammThis and runner-up @Spenna8.

A terrific winner in @ash066pts, this player has had a really good UKOPS & is not to be messed with. Proper player.
  • Options

UKOPS 26, 8pm Sunday, £110 entry £30,000 Guaranteed Main Event

And so to the Big One. It gives me much satisfaction that Sky Poker engineer things such that many "smaller" players can get into these things by way of Freerolls and the like. Most sites just cater for the Big Boys, & yes, they deserve looking after, but without the little guys the poker ecology would collapse overnight.

There were min-cashes for @MISTY4ME, @scotty77, the boy @FeelGroggy and @kapowblamz, with min-cashes plus a bit for @IrishRose and @mkgunner.

In 18th was @Thrnytrll, who had a good night as he also won himself a Las Vegas package.

Other notables were @Froozle (12th), super hotpot @Tatopagao (10th) & @DustoLucko (8th).

First to depart the final was fitness freak & teetotal @RSPCA12, who also won his Vegas package last night. Vegas is shaping up to be a cracker this year.

@Tesselate was 5th, @obo1234 4th, @matty6446 3rd, & just touched off for the win was @slabers.

Top of the pops was @neil1970, securing his best ever result in his 5 year tenure here at Sky Poker. It was worth the wait Neil.
  • Options

UKOPS 27, 8.30pm Sunday, £11 entry £2,500 Guaranteed Mini Freezeout

Change of fortune for the all-conquering @ash066 here as he finished 290th of 290. These boys don't mind gambling early to get a stack, & sometimes it does not work as planned, but an early 2XUp means the rest of the table are in for an uncomfortable night.

Mini-monies for @lyonsbob06, @BIGSHANN (think he's been with Sky Poker - on & off - since Day One), The Thug aka @tomgoodun, @edrich, and @JingleMa, another who has been loyal to the site since it first opened back in 2007.

Tommy_D would have been disappointed with 27th, but happy with the tonking Spurs & Dele Ali gave Chelsea at the Bridge. At this rate, Spurs will soon be North London's best team. In their dreams.

22nd was @Jac35, a welcome change of luck for our resident Grumpster, whilst man of the moment @Sharki0 finished one spot better. It looked like @Sharki0 would collect a Vegas Package last night too, he was monster chippie on the £3,300 package bubble, so Lord knows how those wheels fell off so spectacularly. Like the Terminator, though, he'll be back, and you can bet on that.

5th was @THEROCK573, 4th @KingHurley, and @Tsaaaar was runner-up.

The win went to @delboy504. I might be wrong, but that looks to me like his biggest win in almost 6,000 attempts here. Great stuff, love it, well done Del. Keep it up mate, this time next year......
  • Options

UKOPS 28, 9pm Sunday, £22 entry £5,000 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter

264 runners, & it was @chicknMelt who departed super early in 262nd, and a special shout out to the veteran Welsh chunterer @Haysie who recorded a good result by his standards in finishing 259th.

I spotted @DAVEYZZ in 37th, anyone remember him? Think he lives in Bridlington or somewhere nearby, & when the SPT's first began in about 2008 he won several of them, including 2 in the first year iirc. When the SPT's first began they were known by the catchy acronym SPUKT (Sky Poker U K Tour). Is there no limit to the imagination of the folks in Marketing? Fortunately, we are better served these days.

6th went to @grantos888, 5th was @macapaca, 4th @NooGooood, and 3rd was @seikus.

I watched the Heads Up for a while, wow, these things have a very playable structure, both players had close to 400,000 chips (792,000 chips in play) & blinds were a paltry 3,000-6,000.

It went on for a bit, & I'm embarrassed to say I preferred to watch Ian Poulter's remarkable win in the Houston Open (well hello Masters), but after what seemed an eternity, @Kerrnal finished runner-up with the win going to @SAMCRO_TM.

It was easily the best performance on Sky Poker by SAMCRO, though it's maybe worth mentioning that he's only been here a week & played just 34 MTT's. Nice start that.
  • Options

UKOPS 29, 9.30pm Sunday, £11 entry £2,000 Guaranteed Turbo Bounty Hunter

The first of a brace of Turbo BH's which traditionally close off the UKOPS evenings.

@Tsaaaar who was 2nd in the UKOPS Mini earlier, was 23rd here, @goldnballz 19th, with @MAXALLY cashing yet again in 18th.

9th went to a lovely bloke in @GREGSTER, with @kapoblamz - who I'm sure is equally lovely - in 8th.

Good to see @lolufold in 6th, spent many a happy day in a TV Studio, and in Las Vegas, with that man. What a player he is, too, & I vividly recall railing him in the 2010 WSOP Main Event where he finished an amazing 21st from 7,319 entries. Jonathon Duhamel was the winner that year.

A brace of hotshots in 4th & 3rd respectively in @heddoh18 and @GSmith13, with the intriguingly named @69winsalot the runner-up.

Talking of hotshots, the win went to @loololollo. And about time too if I may make so bold.
  • Options

UKOPS 30, 10pm Sunday, £55 entry £4,000 Guaranteed Turbo Bounty Hunter

The last event of the evening, & If anyone is still reading this I'll be amazed, well done them, but I have to plough on Magnus Magnusson style, "I've started so I'll finish".

Not so good this time for @GSmith13 (82nd of 85) or @lolufold (76th), with @Wacko90, who we have not seen much of this UKOPS in 51st.

@railtard11 was 11th, 2 spots behind cash-game giant @Mather14.

Tough Final Table in this one - this is a notoriously difficult MTT to win - with @fl4n 6th, behind @jakescol, @MikeyW94, @alfarch30, with @mrweeve being touched off for the win by @Gambelo.

What a night Gambelo had, too, he was another who won himself a Vegas Package. Must be nice, eh? Many congrats to him.
  • Options

Phew, bet you are pleased I'm done for today. The feeling is mutual, trust me.

Tonight sees the end of what has been a successful UKOPS (so far), & it finishes like this;

UKOPS 31 £3,000 Bounty hunter 7:00pm £55 £3,000 12 5,000

UKOPS 32 £3,000 Bounty Hunter 7:30pm £22 £3,000 10 3,000

UKOPS 33 £10,000 Bounty Hunter 8:00pm £33 £10,000 12 5,000

UKOPS 34 £2,500 Mini Bounty Hunter 8:30pm £5.50 £2,500 10 3,000

UKOPS 35 £5,000 Rebuy Bounty Hunter 9:00pm £22 £5,000 10 3,000

UKOPS 36 £2,000 Turbo Bounty Hunter 9:30pm £11 £2,000 7 3,000

UKOPS 37 £4,000 Turbo Bounty Hunter 10:00pm £55 £4,000 7 5,000

Enjoy.
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    Great read TK took two coffees to finish it quality
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    weecheez1 said:

Great read TK took two coffees to finish it quality

Understandable, it does make you feel pretty drowsy to read it all.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    Just one more crack at it tomorrow @Tikay10 , then you can have a days rest before embarking on the reviews for the MINI UKOPS coming up on the 4th - 8th April. It would be nice to see Batesy mentioned a bit more, but as you have admitted, Sky Poker will always look after their 'smaller' players.

Further info here....
    https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/mini-uk-online-poker-series
  • Options
    neil1970neil1970 Member Posts: 264
    Tikay10 said:

UKOPS 26, 8pm Sunday, £110 entry £30,000 Guaranteed Main Event

And so to the Big One. It gives me much satisfaction that Sky Poker engineer things such that many "smaller" players can get into these things by way of Freerolls and the like. Most sites just cater for the Big Boys, & yes, they deserve looking after, but without the little guys the poker ecology would collapse overnight.

There were min-cashes for @MISTY4ME, @scotty77, the boy @FeelGroggy and @kapowblamz, with min-cashes plus a bit for @IrishRose and @mkgunner.

In 18th was @Thrnytrll, who had a good night as he also won himself a Las Vegas package.

Other notables were @Froozle (12th), super hotpot @Tatopagao (10th) & @DustoLucko (8th).

First to depart the final was fitness freak & teetotal @RSPCA12, who also won his Vegas package last night. Vegas is shaping up to be a cracker this year.

@Tesselate was 5th, @obo1234 4th, @matty6446 3rd, & just touched off for the win was @slabers.

Top of the pops was @neil1970, securing his best ever result in his 5 year tenure here at Sky Poker. It was worth the wait Neil.
    Cheers tikay last night was a bit of a blur but over the moon to take down the MTT ..
  • Options

^^^^

Well done @neil1970, UKOPS Main Events are never easy to win.

UKOPS Bracelet will be in the Post shortly.
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited April 2018
    MAXALLY said:

Just one more crack at it tomorrow @Tikay10 , then you can have a days rest before embarking on the reviews for the MINI UKOPS coming up on the 4th - 8th April. It would be nice to see Batesy mentioned a bit more, but as you have admitted, Sky Poker will always look after their 'smaller' players.

Further info here....
    https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/mini-uk-online-poker-series

Is that your not-so-subtle way of saying "Bates hasn't won anything this UKOPS and I'm going to have a dig that Tikay hasn't mentioned him because I don't like him"?

Nice send off to me in the chat in £55bh today BTW. "Another forum expert lmao" and the slowroll for a tenth of a big blind and you were getting about 20:1 to call. Classy.

'Forum expert', which I never claim to be, who has made a living from Poker and since 2012 btw.

Not that I have to justify my decisions to you or anyone else, but I'm happy with the marginal call - I lose chips over time making the call because of the times I run into the top part of your range, but the times I win your bounty is enough to compensate for the small chip EV loss.

You had AK this time (which makes my call look bad when it's really not given the range of hands I think you have) and held. Would still call again next time. Nh wp. Next hand.

I don't give a f*ck what you or anyone else thinks of my game - but your actions are disappointing in the context of how you've changed as a person over time.

I remember meeting you at SPT Birmingham in 2013 - You bought me a pint, and you got drinks for some of the other regs who you've inexplicably turned against since, too. Everyone there seemed to be of the opinion that "Yeah, Maxally is a decent bloke", myself included. Nobody had a bad word to say about you for years - Oh how that's changed for so many people, by which I mean the vast majority of people that I speak to regularly on here.

Really is a shame to see how you've become so vitriolic for whatever reason(s) towards people have done you no harm. It's not a one-off either, it's a trend over a prolonged period, with behaviour such as:
    • "GL everyone except X, Y and Z" because they're grinding sats and you don't like sat grinding, or you don't like a particular person and make a conscious choice to single them out. Maybe practice what you preach if you're so against sat grinding, too.
    • You've lost the ability to win/lose a hand with any dignity whatsoever. Lose a pot to that guy when I got moved to the table: "FFS". Double against me a few hands later and I get the send off in chat as you bust me the hand after. Stay classy.
    • That comment on Jac's diary a few weeks back frankly deserved a lifetime forum and chat ban, because it was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen on here.
    • Animosity towards people including but not limited to myself because "Oh no they're in Samantha's team and I don't like Samantha so I have to hate them".
    You have to be 18 to play here. Act like an adult, because you're just letting yourself down.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Maybe the wrong thread but was just wondering if

“Top of the Posts”

Might make a return?
  • Options
    aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    EvilPingu said:

MAXALLY said:

Further info here....

Is that your not-so-subtle way of saying "Bates hasn't won anything this UKOPS and I'm going to have a dig that Tikay hasn't mentioned him because I don't like him"?

Nice send off to me in the chat in £55bh today BTW. "Another forum expert lmao" and the slowroll for a tenth of a big blind and you were getting about 20:1 to call. Classy.

'Forum expert', which I never claim to be, who has made a living from Poker and since 2012 btw.

Not that I have to justify my decisions to you or anyone else, but I'm happy with the marginal call - I lose chips over time making the call because of the times I run into the top part of your range, but the times I win your bounty is enough to compensate for the small chip EV loss.

You had AK this time (which makes my call look bad when it's really not given the range of hands I think you have) and held. Would still call again next time. Nh wp. Next hand.

I don't give a f*ck what you or anyone else thinks of my game - but your actions are disappointing in the context of how you've changed as a person over time.

I remember meeting you at SPT Birmingham in 2013 - You bought me a pint, and you got drinks for some of the other regs who you've inexplicably turned against since, too. Everyone there seemed to be of the opinion that "Yeah, Maxally is a decent bloke", myself included. Nobody had a bad word to say about you for years - Oh how that's changed for so many people, by which I mean the vast majority of people that I speak to regularly on here.

Really is a shame to see how you've become so vitriolic for whatever reason(s) towards people have done you no harm. It's not a one-off either, it's a trend over a prolonged period, with behaviour such as:
    • "GL everyone except X, Y and Z" because they're grinding sats and you don't like sat grinding, or you don't like a particular person and make a conscious choice to single them out. Maybe practice what you preach if you're so against sat grinding, too.
    • You've lost the ability to win/lose a hand with any dignity whatsoever. Lose a pot to that guy when I got moved to the table: "FFS". Double against me a few hands later and I get the send off in chat as you bust me the hand after. Stay classy.
    • That comment on Jac's diary a few weeks back frankly deserved a lifetime forum and chat ban, because it was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen on here.
    • Animosity towards people including but not limited to myself because "Oh no they're in Samantha's team and I don't like Samantha so I have to hate them".
    You have to be 18 to play here. Act like an adult, because you're just letting yourself down.

this is simply trolling.

it is not related to the OP. it isn't a genuine response a particular post. on this thread it is only an unprovoked attack.

very poor.

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited April 2018
    aussie09 said:

this is simply trolling.

it is not related to the OP. it isn't a genuine response a particular post. on this thread it is only an unprovoked attack.

very poor.

"Trolling" - If I wanted to troll Maxally, I would have conveniently sided with all the people he's had arguments on the forum with in the last year. It would have been easy enough to make up a non-genuine reason to side with @hhyftrftdr every time him and Maxally have had an argument on here. Have I done that? No. Have I spammed Al's Bar? No.

"Unprovoked attack" - A bit like the unprovoked dig at Bates that Maxally made on this thread to begin with then? Or the unprovoked dig at me in the chat box. Or the unprovoked slowroll. Or "GL everyone except ______" in table chat. Or the unprovoked vile attack towards Jac on his diary a few weeks back.

If you're going to criticise unprovoked attacks, and reasonably so, then you should be condemning Maxally's behaviour, not mine in standing up against it.

If drawing a line in the sand with the way Max has treated me, my friends and others in the community of late is considered 'Very poor', then I'm delighted to be a 'very poor' person.
  • Options
    aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    EvilPingu said:

aussie09 said:

this is simply trolling.

very poor.

"Trolling" - If I wanted to troll Maxally, I would have conveniently sided with all the people he's had arguments on the forum with in the last year. It would have been easy enough to make up a non-genuine reason to side with @hhyftrftdr every time him and Maxally have had an argument on here. Have I done that? No. Have I spammed Al's Bar? No.

"Unprovoked attack" - A bit like the unprovoked dig at Bates that Maxally made on this thread to begin with then? Or the unprovoked dig at me in the chat box. Or the unprovoked slowroll. Or "GL everyone except ______" in table chat. Or the unprovoked vile attack towards Jac on his diary a few weeks back.

If you're going to criticise unprovoked attacks, and reasonably so, then you should be condemning Maxally's behaviour, not mine in standing up against it.

If drawing a line in the sand with the way Max has treated me, my friends and others in the community of late is considered 'Very poor', then I'm delighted to be a 'very poor' person.

Internet troll
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

you did this EP

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    aussie09 said:

EvilPingu said:

aussie09 said:

this is simply trolling.

very poor.

Internet troll
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

you did this EP

Amazed how far off the mark you are here Aussie