You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Poker Cup - starts 2nd June. £10,000 on offer.

Comments

• Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    Well done mes amis - so its France v Brazil in final which I actually think could happen in World Cup - allez les bleus (in this not World Cup)
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    edited June 2018
    Can’t see Brazil beating France with points. France scoring loads of points.

Edit: after looking at the semi finals points I see Brazil scored more points. So will be a good final!

• Options
    So if you win, each player will receive roughly £58 if everyone in that team is a eligible.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    K0BAYASHl said:

So if you win, each player will receive roughly £58 if everyone in that team is a eligible.

I thinks your maths is a bit off here Kobay (it would explain some of the things I see at the tables ;)).

Each team has 163 players. If all were eligible, the winners would get £42.94 each and the runners up each receive £18.40.
  • Options

K0BAYASHl said:

I thinks your maths is a bit off here Kobay (it would explain some of the things I see at the tables ;)).

Each team has 163 players. If all were eligible, the winners would get £42.94 each and the runners up each receive £18.40.
    I guessed about 120 that’s why haha

• Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

K0BAYASHl said:

And I'm sad enough to actually count through all the names :D
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    I'd imagine quite a few won't have got the 100 points needed to be eligible...I'll come in at 50.01 each ;)
  • Options

K0BAYASHl said:

K0BAYASHl said:

And I'm sad enough to actually count through all the names :D
    Lol i started too but i was couting on my phone, and kept forgetting where i was at. So just guessed lol

• Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    Think I must have put in nearly 20% of Belgium's points to no avail! Where was the rest of the team :P
  • Options

Think I must have put in nearly 20% of Belgium's points to no avail! Where was the rest of the team :P

I personally don’t think this promotion is the sort of promotion most players would up there playing hours to win in, so guessing most are still just playing how they would any other day of the week.
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    K0BAYASHl said:

I personally don’t think this promotion is the sort of promotion most players would up there playing hours to win in, so guessing most are still just playing how they would any other day of the week.
    Oh yeah I realise that hence the :P! I didn't up my hours either, just happened to play (and lose) a lot on Sunday lol.

• Options
    AnyaliasAnyalias Member Posts: 3
    The Poker Cup is a good idea (I would say that given that I’m in the French side😉). France vs Brazil should be a close one! It would be interesting to see live scores as part of something similar in the future.
  • Options
    Anyalias said:

The Poker Cup is a good idea (I would say that given that I’m in the French side😉). France vs Brazil should be a close one! It would be interesting to see live scores as part of something similar in the future.

I think they don’t show live scores because if France were winning by 20k points then Unless there was a group of them pushing they wouldn’t try to take the win.

So would probably discourage higher volume from players that may be putting in higher volume
    in to win. That’s my take anyway
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    K0BAYASHl said:

Anyalias said:

I think they don’t show live scores because if France were winning by 20k points then Unless there was a group of them pushing they wouldn’t try to take the win.

So would probably discourage higher volume from players that may be putting in higher volume
    That is normally the logic with rake races but with this one I cant see anyone busting a gut to win such a small amount of money.
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    MattBates said:

K0BAYASHl said:

Anyalias said:

That is normally the logic with rake races but with this one I cant see anyone busting a gut to win such a small amount of money.
    Eternal glory though
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

MattBates said:

K0BAYASHl said:

Anyalias said:

Yeah that’s what I said above.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Final
    June 12-14th France 62,146 v 44,678 Brazil

Congratulations to France who are the winners of the Sky Poker Cup.

Welldone France :) I bet @alancarr12 scored 25k lol
  • Options
    mkgunnermkgunner Member Posts: 3,032
    K0BAYASHl said:

Final
    June 12-14th France 62,146 v 44,678 Brazil

Congratulations to France who are the winners of the Sky Poker Cup.

Welldone France :) I bet @alancarr12 scored 25k lol

good captain that ;-),would be nice to see what player scored what.
  • Options
    chrislcf12chrislcf12 Member Posts: 2
    Well done captain Carr, be interesting to see how much we win.
  • Options
    £79.55 for each of the qualifying members of team France - much more than I was expecting!

Thanks Sky and, even more so, captain fantastic @alancarr12 :)