You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The WSOP 2018 Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    Event 78 - The Big One For One Drop, $1million NLH, Day 3 of 3, 27 entrants
    The WSOP (at the least the Las Vegas part) for 2018 came to a conclusion with the biggest first prize of all 78 events, and Jusin Bonomo's win took him to the top of the all-time money list.

He added he One Drop to the $10K Heads Up NLH bracelet he won in early June by beating fellow high-roller regular Fedor Holz heads-up, the German starting heads-up with almost a 2:1 lead, but over the course of just over 50 hands, Bonomo chipped away and a series of 5 hands midway through the battle where it went from almost even to Bonomo holding more than a 4:1 lead saw him achieve the lead he neved lost.

Bonomo takes a round $10 million, Holz $6m and third placed Dan Smith $4m.

So that's it until the WSOP Europe in Rozvadov where ten bracelets will be at stake from October 9 to November 12.

These will accrue Player of the Year points, so the current position is

1. Shaun Deeb 4334
    2. Ben Yu 3746
    3. Joe Cada 3531
    4. John Hennigan 3499
    5. Scott Bohlman 3155
    (Main Event winner John Cynn is in 26th spot with 1779 points)

See you next year for more of the same?
  • Options
    edrichedrich Member Posts: 1,899
    Brilliant thread.
    Thanks for the time and effort you have put into it.
  • Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,806
    More of the same with a question mark? Are you serious? Everyone agrees you do sterling work and it would be a travesty if you couldn't entertain us again next year.
    Would like to say thanks for the hard work that goes into this.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Threads like this don't always get lots of interaction but I bet the viewed thread count is massive!

Great work and thanks a lot for doing this.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    MattBates said:

Threads like this don't always get lots of interaction but I bet the viewed thread count is massive!

Great work and thanks a lot for doing this.

Correct. 144 posts - most of them by Barny - & 4,500 views. That's an astonishing ratio, cant be too many threads can match that.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

I'd like to add my sincere thanks to Barny, too.

The thread is amazing, & his passion jumps off the page. Not just results & stats, but almost every Post included a whimsical observation or two, plus the evidence of deep research into previous performances.

Wins thread of the week, month & year. Again.

Well done Barny, thank you.
  • Options
    walesboywalesboy Member Posts: 993
    brilliant thread mate
    thanks for doing it
  • Options
    5501355013 Member Posts: 336
    Really enjoyed this thread this year as usual. Also very much enjoyed the 46 Daniel Negreanu WSOP vlogs on YouTube - a very inspirational bloke for sure. I find it strange that in the last of the Negreanu vlogs for the 'one drop' he went on a 20 minute break only to find when he returned it had been changed to 15 minutes - surely they can not do this in a £1m tournament?.
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    Tikay10 said:

I'd like to add my sincere thanks to Barny, too.

The thread is amazing, & his passion jumps off the page. Not just results & stats, but almost every Post included a whimsical observation or two, plus the evidence of deep research into previous performances.

Wins thread of the week, month & year. Again.

Well done Barny, thank you.

Wholeheartedly agree.
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for the brilliant work barny
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,032
    Thanks for all the hard work you have put in to keep us all informed as it has been a brilliant thread so more of the same next year (& hopefully I'll make it out there too)
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    Brilliant work, much appreciated by many of the Sky players I am sure, even if most of them don't get round to showing their appreciation.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    Thank you Barney great thread
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    Thread of the universe, many thanks to FCHD for all the hard work and for making it very readable and funny.

I watched a lot of the final table on espn but did skip large parts of the heads up. Cynn is one of the better me winners imo.