You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SAME OLD SAME OLD SKY POKER FIXED

13»

Comments

• Options
    ibetmyho28ibetmyho28 Member Posts: 5
    LOL are these serious posts? or are people just trolling?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

LOL are these serious posts? or are people just trolling?

@ibetmyho28

Sadly, they are serious, yes. There are still actually players who think online poker sites are rigged in some way. It's quite sad really.
  • Options
    bongo69bongo69 Member Posts: 198
    edited August 2018
    [conspiracy theory 1-o-1]
    Which is exactly what you'd say if it were rigged.
    [/conspiracy theory 1-o-1]
  • Options
    cowboy59cowboy59 Member Posts: 26
    Well said bongo69 ! Sadly there are still players who make ridiculous remarks .......
  • Options
    JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    edited August 2018
    @cowboy59 to realy understand variance in poker is no mean feat, you have to see it to believe it, so here you can see a sample of 100k hands with a 2 B.B. win rate this would be the veriance that can happen (how people can run even with the same 2bb win rate)

As you can see swings in poker can be truly masive even for a wining player, that’s over 100k hands most people come in here monaning about 7 or 8 hands which is beyond crazy. Veriance is real and you can catch a heater as well as a run bad/downswing streak.

The real key is to not think about short term results as they mean nothing as you can see from the veriance graph, but to keep improving every day, to up the win rate and that will in turn shrink the graph swings.

I try every day to learn something new about my game, I’m not the best player here by a long shot, but I won’t stop learning and improving my game so one day I can be at the level of Froozle,Bates,railtard & chicken melt etc..., but I know to do that I know I have to put the hard work in and understand all aspects of the game and understanding veriance is fundamentally important to moving forward.

Binks.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    Quickie for you @JJBinks, to do with learning something every day,
    Is it worth learning or indeed possible, all the shoving and calling ranges from 20bb down to 1bb from all 6 positions?
  • Options
    JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    @mumsie mtts shove/call ranges I started 1 step at a time just spend few hours going over 1 position at a time the vs UTG, MP, CO etc.. with each stack sizes - as well as looking at some range vs equity spots with bounty’s involved. Takes time but worth doing I’m still learning myself.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    JJBinks said:

As you can see swings in poker can be truly massive even for a wining player

(turns brain off)

Yeah but it's rigged innit!
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,281
    NoseyBonk said:

JJBinks said:

As you can see swings in poker can be truly massive even for a wining player

(turns brain off)

Yeah but it's rigged innit!
    Some people should however turn their brain back on before posting.

• Options
    And some people should try the stage ! Funnier than the comics on tv
  • Options
    karllukekarlluke Member Posts: 910
    All moans when you lose
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,534
    The Man Utd game at the weekend was fixed by the bookies.
    Or maybe you occasionally get an unexpected result, without anything being fixed.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,281
    cowboy59 said:

And some people should try the stage ! Funnier than the comics on tv

Tried it actually. Did a tour as an opener for a couple of reasonably well known comedians in the early 2000's. Unfortunately the comedy circuit was totally rigged. Only certain performers could ever get the good gigs and it didn't matter how great I was, if The Apollo had a choice of booking me or Bishop the phone never rang.

Its blatantly obvious that the venues and the agents had a conspiracy to keep this brilliant aspiring comedian down whilst promoting the favoured few. Foul I say boo hiss etc I mean It has to be fixed rigged or whatever because otherwise what's the difference between me and a top of the bill comic. Oh yeah that's right they've spent 1000s of hours grinding all over the country playing in flea pit clubs and crappy venues honing their material, timing, delivery and learning the art of working the room.

Are they necessarily funnier than the other 98% of also ran jobbing comics. No but they are better at it and that's the difference. Poker like comedy is a grind requiring dedication, understanding and constant improvement. Even with all that the greatest comedians still have times when they have a mare.

Yours in poker

Mark

• Options
    Bigger fan of yours than John Bishop ! You are far funnier though a touch sarcastic !
    Yours in comedy
  • Options
    bert21bert21 Member Posts: 176
    Definitely fixed, last Friday i won the £3.30 re-buy for 230 quid, this Friday only made the final table, i was down to win both, yep definitely fixed