You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

POKER vs RELATIONSHIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    warticwartic Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2010
    what about showing that your sat on the laptop playing poker all night is a good thing cause you could be down the pub with your mates and as for not talking that shows the strength of your relationship because you are communicating on a higher level either that or tell her its a sign that your really comfortable with each other
  • Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited February 2010
    When i lived with my parents it was alot easier to balance poker with my girlfriend as i used to stay at home when working in the week and come up and see her at the weekends.

so i could play poker after work in the week and not at the weekends. Now its not so easy.

good advice from you all though cheers
  • Options
    Patching99Patching99 Member Posts: 446
    edited February 2010

My girlfriend wants a new car so my bankroll is now known as the Focus fund.  She doesn't quite understand how long its going to take to get upto £100 let alone enough for a new car...

• Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited February 2010
    The question that everybody is afraid to ask...

WHAT IS SHE DOING OUT OF THE KITCKEN??????

And another question...

WHY AM I STILL SINGLE?????
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,654
    edited February 2010
    get thee hobnail boots on an get in the guiness book o records for the biggest...oh you conna do that you,d get arrested..seriously i,ve bin playing so long nah she dunna mind so much,she might have a pop now and then but i just show her me BR,plus she works till nine most nights so shes got the pc in the day and ive got at night.gonna take her down london for our anniversary show her some sights cuz we dunna go out that much since the recession should be good.im proberly abit older than you so its easier than being young and new at this sort of thing,but i know what your going through,gl m8
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: POKER vs RELATIONSHIP:
    get thee hobnail boots on an get in the guiness book o records for the biggest...
    Posted by stokefc
    Haha, I know what I'm listening to later! ;-)
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited February 2010
    The question that everybody is afraid to ask... WHAT IS SHE DOING OUT OF THE KITCKEN?????? And another question... WHY AM I STILL SINGLE?????
    Posted by KnackersYa
    simples... because you aren't venturing into the kitchen to look for a woman!
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: POKER vs RELATIONSHIP : simples... because you aren't venturing into the kitchen to look for a woman!
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Ahhh, but there is a fault in your logic young sir...

Women are only allowed in the kitchen after they have been captured.
  • Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited February 2010
    LOL!!
  • Options
    BowieBoyBowieBoy Member Posts: 266
    edited February 2010
    Just have to start things the way its gonna be. Be a man put her in her place, you da boss, train her slowly but with love. It's worked for me, it took me a wee while but my wife does what I want without any comeback from her, i'm the boss in my household, come on Plop you can do it.

PS :-  DON'T LET MY WIFE SEE THIS POST, PLEASE OR THE WIRE BRUSH AND DETTOL WILL COME OUT AGAIN.
    OH NO SHE'S SEEN ME TYPING IT, NO DON'T HIT ME AGAIN, I'M TALKING TO MY FRIENDS, ARGGGHHHHHH, NOT THE FACE SWEETHEART, LOL
  • Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited February 2010
    Wp Bowieboy that is class lol
  • Options
    YIPEEYAPEEYIPEEYAPEE Member Posts: 51
    edited February 2010
    LOL at the above posts, it's possibly the biggest problem ever, the amount of times i have heard 'deliberately ignoring me' because i can't hold a decent convo while multitabling cash. What I don't get is when you sit down and have a logical conversation about why you can't talk, well lets say that's also a mistake. Key Point is alot of women are emotionally unstable and don't really get logic, the way men get logic.
    Take this situation - I've won £300 on a given day in the morning. Take the Mrs out, go shopping with her and go for lunch to make good for 'deliberately ignoring her!!!!' that morning. In maybe the 34th shop of the day, lunch has already been and gone, and incidentally the chance to sit down after shopping is sooo welcome. Anyway, so your in a print works shop, and you think brain wave, how romantic is it going to be when you see all these blank canvasses and paints to suggest you buy some and mess around with it. Considering I have no artistic bone in my body I just thought it could be fun activity to do together. Got to mix it up isn't it.
    Standard, she loves the idea, your now a massive shark.
    Course me being me, I want the biggest canvas, omg boy does it all fall down. I'm wasting money and amn't allowed to get it. Must get a smaller one, and save £5, never mind the fact I've just made £300 and couldn't care less. This then spirals into an argument only about this, and tears at dawn. How can that happen??
    i hope this post didn't turn into a rant, take it easy :p
  • Options
    TiaDalmaTiaDalma Member Posts: 454
    edited February 2010
    LOL BowieBoy. Good post
  • Options
    sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited February 2010
    be a man! put her in her place, tell her to stfu ur playin pokerz!! grrr

nah only jokin, i live with ma g/f aswell, we both do shift work so i generally play when's shes out or whens she's askeep and i dont have to be up early next day, otherwise i get the old 'ur choosing poker over me nag' etc... i prob have my worst sessions when i try n play when she's watchin hollyoaks/eastenders n those other sh*t soaps, cant concentrate as much, otherwise tell her to stfu but take her out every now n again with ur winnings :-D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    well i tried to be a man tonight!!

i went quite deep in yesterdays tko finishing 29th in the omaha which lasted a few hours! she did mention earlier that i was ignoring her last night! so i decided to devote my time to her tonight!

i ended up watching holyoaks emmerdale a swordfish documentry jeremy kyle and some cops doc on bbc!!!

only now that shes gone to bed im watching my beloved liverpool on sky+ and having a game of poker!!

EPIC FAIL!
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited February 2010
    well i tried to be a man tonight!! i went quite deep in yesterdays tko finishing 29th in the omaha which lasted a few hours! she did mention earlier that i was ignoring her last night! so i decided to devote my time to her tonight! i ended up watching holyoaks emmerdale a swordfish documentry jeremy kyle and some cops doc on bbc!!! only now that shes gone to bed im watching my beloved liverpool on sky+ and having a game of poker!! EPIC FAIL!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    For goodness sake. How can you let her watch rubbish soaps and mentally disordered chavs? This is your opportunity to strike a deal. Every hour that she watches a soap you get an hour to play poker. If she doesnt agree just lock her in the kitchen in the hope she'll do something useful while she's in there.
  • Options
    NeildownNeildown Member Posts: 1,635
    edited February 2010
    Hollyoaks and Emmerdale?... come on donkey ....man up!!

(don't blame you for the jeremy kyle though .... Kids having kids!!! Put something on the end of it!! )

TV Gold
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited February 2010
    poker, and if that dos'nt work, poker again
  • Options
    pryce6pryce6 Member Posts: 1,058
    edited February 2010
    Tell her you are 'famous' after appearing on Sky tv (when she asks what channel just say sky sports) many times and she should consider herself 'lucky' to be with a celebrity. Then pay someone to ask for your autograph while out and she begins to realise that all your hours on the laptop have actually been well spent.

She stops questioning you when you are concentrating on running bad and doesn't even blink at your foul moods after your aces were cracked for the 4th time in an hour.

Eventually she decides that she wants proof of your television career and you scratch your head thinking about the embarrasment of her seeing you in 'name only' terms on screen. However you are in the midst of an exciting competition called 'Total Player' and suddenly out of the blue comes a call. Cameras are coming round your house! The Mrs is beside herself with excitement, she can barely contain it.

Despite your disappointing exit she comes home from work every day and watches the sky+ recording of the show on repeat. Never again will she question your poker and you are free to play as much as you want for at least the next month...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tell her you are 'famous' after appearing on Sky tv (when she asks what channel just say sky sports) many times and she should consider herself 'lucky' to be with a celebrity. Then pay someone to ask for your autograph while out and she begins to realise that all your hours on the laptop have actually been well spent. She stops questioning you when you are concentrating on running bad and doesn't even blink at your foul moods after your aces were cracked for the 4th time in an hour. Eventually she decides that she wants proof of your television career and you scratch your head thinking about the embarrasment of her seeing you in 'name only' terms on screen. However you are in the midst of an exciting competition called 'Total Player' and suddenly out of the blue comes a call. Cameras are coming round your house! The Mrs is beside herself with excitement, she can barely contain it. Despite your disappointing exit she comes home from work every day and watches the sky+ recording of the show on repeat. Never again will she question your poker and you are free to play as much as you want for at least the next month...
    Posted by pryce6
    thats it i just need to make total player if they do it again next year??

just need to get practicing!!!.............oh wait i cant corries on lol