You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Strictly Come Dancing

BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,210
I haven't watched it since the first series, but I have seen reports that You Tuber Joe Sugg is rumoured to be one of the people taking part and if so he is worth a bet before they start dancing.
He has over 8 million subscribers on YouTube, and millions on other social media platforms so he is bound to be well supported. Other You Tubers will also back him so I think he will be quickly made one of the favourites.

Comments

• MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,270
    edited August 2018
    My 13 year old daughter absolutely loves him, has all his films, books and half of his clothing range.... and watches every single one of his videos!!

Defo a good bet ;)B)

EDIT: I've just told her ...... Guess what?
    .........she already knew :D:D ....and can't wait. She's so happy.
  • BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,210
    MISTY4ME said:

My 13 year old daughter absolutely loves him, has all his films, books and half of his clothing range.... and watches every single one of his videos!!

Defo a good bet ;)B)

EDIT: I've just told her ...... Guess what?
    .........she already knew :D:D ....and can't wait. She's so happy.

My wife agrees! 😂
  • K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Nice. Sounds like a good tip. Ill take a punt
    Confirmed entrant, 12/1 on Sky Bet.
    Stuck a tenner on.
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,552
    Brrrrrrr said:

I haven't watched it since the first series, but I have seen reports that You Tuber Joe Sugg is rumoured to be one of the people taking part and if so he is worth a bet before they start dancing.
    He has over 8 million subscribers on YouTube, and millions on other social media platforms so he is bound to be well supported. Other You Tubers will also back him so I think he will be quickly made one of the favourites.

Date/Time
    Details
    Amount £
    8 Sep 18
    22:00
    stake
    Single:
    Stake: 2.00
    Reference: O/19249635/0001604/F
    Strictly Come Dancing 2018 - Winner - Outright
    Joe Sugg @ 14/1
    ---
    After seeing joe sugg and how Ridgid he is it doesn’t look hopeful lol
    K0BAYASHl said:

After seeing joe sugg and how Ridgid he is it doesn’t look hopeful lol

Lol - I think he has big enough fan base to get through earlier rounds and get the impression he will train very hard to improve.

But you are right, there are better dancers at the moment! ☺
  • MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,299
    edited September 2018
    I,ve watched this for last few years now (The Mrs likes it)

Its not always the best dancers that win. It can go off the most improved and it is surprising how much some of them do,

After backing that other youtuber on I,m a celeb i,m gonna back this guy just because of his following. The other guy gave youtubers a bad name after getting kicked out early for comments he,d made several years earlier on twitter. I,m hoping Suggs learnt from this and wants to put things right as i,m sure the Press will be looking at all his material to see if they can spot something with which to make a story out off

£10 @ 18/1

PS : Its also worth noting ppls workloads. There was a a newsreader lady on last year but i didn,t think she stood a chance. She had to be up at 2 or 3 am for work and had young children as well. You could soon tell she wasnt practicing as much as some of the others and went out early doors

GL everyone
    EDIT : Wow - Just put my bet on with Sky - Didn,t realise there were so many markets for Game of Thrones

When is it back on?
  • daphne56daphne56 Member Posts: 816
    Danny John Jules bit old but has a background in dancing so should make past a few rounds
    Just watched show tonight and Joe Sugg did pretty well and his odds have been cut to 6/1.
    Its not like the Sun to exagerate - Looking good so far tho

"Joe could have over 77 million people being urged to pick up the phone on Saturday night"
    wynne1938 said:

Brrrrrrr said:

Date/Time
    Details
    Amount £
    8 Sep 18
    stake
    Single:
    Joe Sugg @ 14/1
    ---
    He is now 2/1 fav.
    So I have hedged my bet:

Receipt
    O/10151841/0006113
    Bet placed at
    22/11/2018 01:03
    Bet Type
    Single
    Bet Channel
    WAP
    Number of lines
    Stake per line
    £4.00
    Total stake
    £4.00
    Settled
    N

Selection Details
    Class/Sport
    Event Type
    Event
    Market
    Date
    Selection
    Notes
    TV and Film Specials
    Strictly Come Dancing
    Strictly Come Dancing 2018
    Winner
    24/11/2018 18:45
    Ashley Roberts @ 7.00
    If Joe Sugg doesn't win I think it will be Stacey Dooley who does.

Ashley Roberts might be the best dancer but to many people she is a dancer who shouldn't be in the contest for exactly that reason. She was a judge on one season of Dancing on Ice and the explanation of her appointment was her dancing credentials and background which now seems to have been conveniently forgotten!

Joe and Stacey are both novices and as result is solely down to the public I think that's why they will fare well IF they make the final.
    wynne1938 said:

Brrrrrrr said:

Date/Time
    Details
    Amount £
    8 Sep 18
    stake
    Single:
    Joe Sugg @ 14/1
    ---
    He is now 2/1 fav.
    So I have hedged my bet:

Receipt
    O/10151841/0006113
    Bet placed at
    22/11/2018 01:03
    Bet Type
    Single
    Bet Channel
    WAP
    Number of lines
    Stake per line
    £4.00
    Total stake
    £4.00
    Settled
    N

Selection Details
    Class/Sport
    Event Type
    Event
    Market
    Date
    Selection
    Notes
    TV and Film Specials
    Strictly Come Dancing
    Strictly Come Dancing 2018
    Winner
    24/11/2018 18:45
    Ashley Roberts @ 7.00
    Brrrrrrr said:

If Joe Sugg doesn't win I think it will be Stacey Dooley who does.

Ashley Roberts might be the best dancer but to many people she is a dancer who shouldn't be in the contest for exactly that reason. She was a judge on one season of Dancing on Ice and the explanation of her appointment was her dancing credentials and background which now seems to have been conveniently forgotten!

Joe and Stacey are both novices and as result is solely down to the public I think that's why they will fare well IF they make the final.

I agree.
    good stuff - Might lay him off if hes goes in much further
  • vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,366
    sHOWED TODAY THAT PUBLIC DEF NOT VOTING FOR aSHLEIGH