You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What will the next excuse be?

2»

Comments

• Options
    The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 392
    I don't think it is rigged.

The statement below is in no way an accusation against poker sites. I believe that poker sites operate in good faith.

More people rebuying helps ensure the guarantee is met and the site is at a lower risk of overlays.
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    mumsie said:

@AB0151

Tikay10 said:

i'm at the bottom end of the sky poker food chain, i mainly have one game a night in £5.50 bounty hunters sometimes saterlite into the £33 bounty hunter and a few turbo sngs,i try to avoid re-buys mainly because i dont trust myself, is it a money making exercise for sky or do people enjoy them? i can see the benefit of a re-buy in the first couple of rounds, but after about 5 or 6 rounds you only seem to re-buy to go all-in, in the mega bounty hunter last sunday, there a couple of players who must have re-buyed about a dozen times between them in the time just before it closed they seemed to in all-in all the time and it seems that the more you re-buy you have got go deep in the tournement to get anywhere near the money youve put in. i just wonder what the poker elite think of re-buys?

Hi @freeatlast

Well I'm not "the poker elite" so I can't comment on the real thrust of your question, but I will pick up on two of your points;

1) You are far from the "bottom of the Sky Poker food chain". Many players spend far less than you do, in fact some players ONLY play Freerolls & have never deposited. So you are a valuable customer to Sky Poker as you play every night & presumably deposit now & then.

2) Not sure how rebuys are "a money making exercise" for Sky Poker - Sky Poker don't "rake" the rebuys, they only rake the original entry. So a player can rebuy 50 times but Sky Poker don't earn a penny from those rebuys, it all goes back to the players.

Firstly how can you assume given the spirit of thread that Tikay started that this is MY view and not just my suggestion of an another excuse/example

Secondly - if we think about cash tables then re buys / re loads are indeed very good for whomever is running the game

For what its worth I am probably with The Don here but it was interesting side discussion nonetheless ;-)
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    AB0151 said:

mumsie said:

@AB0151

Tikay10 said:

i'm at the bottom end of the sky poker food chain, i mainly have one game a night in £5.50 bounty hunters sometimes saterlite into the £33 bounty hunter and a few turbo sngs,i try to avoid re-buys mainly because i dont trust myself, is it a money making exercise for sky or do people enjoy them? i can see the benefit of a re-buy in the first couple of rounds, but after about 5 or 6 rounds you only seem to re-buy to go all-in, in the mega bounty hunter last sunday, there a couple of players who must have re-buyed about a dozen times between them in the time just before it closed they seemed to in all-in all the time and it seems that the more you re-buy you have got go deep in the tournement to get anywhere near the money youve put in. i just wonder what the poker elite think of re-buys?

Hi @freeatlast

Well I'm not "the poker elite" so I can't comment on the real thrust of your question, but I will pick up on two of your points;

1) You are far from the "bottom of the Sky Poker food chain". Many players spend far less than you do, in fact some players ONLY play Freerolls & have never deposited. So you are a valuable customer to Sky Poker as you play every night & presumably deposit now & then.

2) Not sure how rebuys are "a money making exercise" for Sky Poker - Sky Poker don't "rake" the rebuys, they only rake the original entry. So a player can rebuy 50 times but Sky Poker don't earn a penny from those rebuys, it all goes back to the players.

Firstly how can you assume given the spirit of thread that Tikay started that this is MY view and not just my suggestion of an another excuse/example

Secondly - if we think about cash tables then re buys / re loads are indeed very good for whomever is running the game

For what its worth I am probably with The Don here but it was interesting side discussion nonetheless ;-)
    Sincerest apologies. I had assumed wrong.
  • Options
    PkDevilPkDevil Member Posts: 147
    Tikay10 said:

Isn't it something the way some players find a way to blame Sky Poker?

Sky Poker (apparently)

Always favour the big stack.

Have favourite players who always win their flips.

Favour new players

Favour players who have not withdrawn. (The comedic "Cashout Curse").

Rig the RNG, though they never explain how they rig it, or who it benefits.

We do live in very peculiar times.

I get a sense of your growing frustration Tikay :) I hope it's not impacting on your enjoyment of what you do? As for me, I don't give a rat's **** about what people think. You see the same sorts of comments on every poker site and even in live games about it being rigged.

Answer is simple for those of you reading it thinking it is, whinging every day - P*** O** and leave the rest of us to play Poker.

Over and out.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

@PkDevil

"I get a sense of your growing frustration Tikay, hope it's not impacting on your enjoyment of what you do?"

Ha, that was not the intention, & no, it does not affect my enjoyment of what I do one iota.

It is a bit sad though, that folks see the bad & not the good.

There are so many things in poker we take for granted, we almost don't see them, but they happen all the time, & that's what gives us that wonderful buzz, that occasional shot of adrenaline.

We get the Aces & the fella in front of us jams all-in. We set mine with 3-3 & the 3 pops up on the A high flop. How good does THAT feel? On the bubble of a MTT, it seems to last forever, & then 2 players bust & we are in the money. And if we are really in the zone, waiting to see what we are dealt next hand is a buzz in itself.

It's a wonderful game, it really is, but it is a shame some folks can't handle the beats.

It's also pretty regrettable that some folks take some perverse enjoyment of being keyboard warriors, & labelling players they deem inferior as "fish" or whatever. If that "fish" gets lucky now & them, why take away his sweet spot of exhilaration? We are gonna get his money in the long run, so if we have an iota of poker nous, why not keep him sweet?

And finally, whilst I'm riding my lovely high horse, there's a weird perception from some winning players that a player of lesser ability is a lesser person. Which is utter nonsense, of course.

It's the psychology of the players that more than anything else so fascinates. And I love it every bit as much as I ever did.
  • Options
    xjeremyxxjeremyx Member Posts: 25
    I blame it on the boogie.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    xjeremyx said:

Better than blaming it on the sunshine...
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,042
    Essexphil said:

xjeremyx said:

Better than blaming it on the sunshine...
    Don't blame it on the moonlight...
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    I just csnt, I just cant
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    Sunshine? Moonlight? Good Times?

God it shows how old we all are!
  • Options
    Hey mummy in that case, wear a man pad
  • Options
    xfgwdtboswxfgwdtbosw Member Posts: 45
    Hi Tikay10.
    I feel sorry for you constantly replying to these ridiculous posts.
    I had one this morning that I should be moaning about. 10 minutes later I had pretty much the same thing but IN MY FAVOUR. I won’t bother telling anyone about that!
  • Options
    gerardirl said:

I wonder is there any evidence of Sky favouring new players?
    What you reckon pompeynic? ;)

CLOCK, please