You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bad beats

Comments

• Options
    Eagle26Eagle26 Member Posts: 431
    edited June 2009
    playing on a 25/50 cash table a while back im sitting there with a round about £80 which id built up from from £25...i get dealt pocket 10's i raise up from the button 3 times and get called from the big blind who was sittin there with a pair of dueces ... flop comes down A 10 6. the guys goes all in (he had about £60-70) obviously tryin to bluff me off i instantly call happy with my set and even happier when i see he only got dueces....what happens next? TURN 2 RIVER 2! he hits 4 of a kind! gutted! probably my worst bad beat to date!
  • Options
    Fordy74Fordy74 Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2009
    Playing a Bounty Hunter last night. Super aggressive guy pushes all in pre-flop - I call with pocket ladies. He has 8 4 os. Flop = Q 5 7, turn = 6, river = 3. Hat and coat for Fordy. Fook.
  • Options
    NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited June 2009
    well tonight was a bit short stacked in one of the multi tables, bit of history in the build up to my bad beat, shoved previously vs the big stack with A J called by 7 4, I won that one.

2nd time i had A J again, big stack again called me with nothing he had Q 2, Q hits on flop thats my tourney over.

thing that annoyed me was blinds were 150/300 and it cost the Q 2 an extra 2k to call. They had 28k so nothing expensive to them but still..
  • Options
    Fordy74Fordy74 Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2009
    Two minutes ago in the £20 freeroll. I'm short stacked, so shove all in with AQos. Get looked up by, wait for it....7 5 os. I thought it was bad enough when the flop came down as 5 7 5 for the house. I was exceptionally thrilled to see the final 5 in the deck come down on the river for quad 5's!!!
  • Options
    BawBaw Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2009
    Sitting in 2nd, 4 left in a mtt bounty hunter, get kk in the BB. shortstack goes allin under the gun for about 8k, chip leader raises to 16k to isolate him, i raise allin to 25k. Leader calls with 9 of clubs 3 of spades! I hit trip kings on the flop, but lose to 4 clubs, lol. I love this game.
  • Options
    Yorkie74Yorkie74 Member Posts: 347
    edited June 2009

Was dealt pocket 10's.  raised 3 times blind, called twice.  Flop comes down 10 Q Q - I put in a large bet 1 folds one calls.  turn comes down 9 he raises I re-raise all in he calls with a Q.  Im ahead with the full house till the 4th Q arrives on the river!!!!!

That halved my stack in the tournament.  The hand that got me out:- I had AJ and have hardly any chips so push all in.  1 call he has AK.  flop 7 Q J - Im getting quite hopeful I might double up then K on turn and another K on river!!!

Obviously wasnt my tournament!!!!!

• Options
    NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited June 2009
    DYM, first level had AA raise before so i 'min' raise, person behind raises, fold, fold, call, i shove, guy behind me folds, other guy calls.

he turns over J 10 suited.

flop comes K Q 4
    turn 7
    river 9

unbelievable call considering it was level 1

checked the villains stats and found out his total loss is around £250, by his call there im not suprised.

Came 2nd in the 1k bounty hunter so this bad beat hasnt dampened my spirits for today just amazes me what some people call with.
  • Options
    YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited June 2009
    I think it should be made a rule in this thread that whenever someone posts a bad beat (particularly if it was a suspect call eg. NColley's above) then they should post the Alias of the player that committed the crime so we can all make a note of them and rob them of their money!!! :)
  • Options
    dcfc72dcfc72 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2009
    Just had 2,2 in big blind. All fold to small blind who limps. I raise 4 x big blind, he calls. Flop 4,6,10. He checks, I bet 6 x BB. He raises, I call. Fourth street, yey 2. He bets big, I'm all in. He reveals 5,3. This always happens to me. I think I'm doing the right thing. I know I can play poker. But I ALWAYS seem to come up against idiots. I used to think sky poker was fixed against me. I've been told otherwise, but I'm still not sure. I would rather play against pro's. They would respect proper raises etc. I know it was only £2 to enter, but some people just don't care. I wont be playing online again for a long time. Its live game's in my club for me. Sorry Sky Poker.
    Steve.
  • Options
    KingKyte1KingKyte1 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2009
    hi there! this mega beat was the main reason why i joined this site (and had to buy a new laptop in the process)

was playing at a $1/$2 on bluesq (was waiting on a tourney starting) with $120 in front of me, 6 seater and im on BB with 9h9c in my hand

villain raises to $7, folded to sb who calls, and i also call.
    flop comes A9s9d!!!

sb and me both check, villain pot bets ($21) sb and me both call
    turn Ks

sb goes all in and me and villain call

sb shows KdKh (kings full)
    i show 9h9c (quad 9's)
    villain shows AdAc (aces full)

river card!!!!! u guessed it the case A!!!!!!

what a horrible beat, yeah i was behind preflop, and the  flop did treat me kind, the turn even kinder, but the last ace on the river!! thats like a 2% chancer (well 4% if you include the last king which also could havve beat me)

ive had rotten luck since, hopefully that will change here!!!

cheers for reading it lads and lasses, and i look forward to meetin u all at the tables

KINGKYTE

• Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited June 2009
    i was in the 4k sitting behind a complete dingdong raising everything with rubbish--i waited patiently for a hand--got qq re-raised his silly raise--he totally and completely missed flop but still bet half my stash--i went all in gladly--he called with k-5 and hit king on river---i cried all the way to the 2 quid deep stack--lol
  • Options
    Realb0zzRealb0zz Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2009

Live game in my local pub.... final table i hold A,6 big blind no raise with 3 in pot..... flop comes 6c,6s,7c..... small blind raises massively i shove all in Dealer calls and sb folds. Dealer turns over 8c,9c..... turn shows 7d giving me full house and him with a 2 outer on the end..... 10c comes on the river straight flush over full house.....
    atleast i was ahead when the money went in the pot.

• Options
    Fella666Fella666 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Bad beats:
    I think it should be made a rule in this thread that whenever someone posts a bad beat (particularly if it was a suspect call eg. NColley's above) then they should post the Alias of the player that committed the crime so we can all make a note of them and rob them of their money!!! :)
    Posted by YoungUn
    With you on this one YoungUn
  • Options
    Fella666Fella666 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2009
    Was expecting more entries yesterday after witnessing this in a Freeroll

Right from the start the guy was bullying the table 1st hand all in after I raised every one folded inc myself, next hand min raises from everyone bully all in every one folds. We have all seen this type of character before and usually they don't last long because eventually they come across a big hand and get called then go on tilt until they are eventually knocked out.

Well after after about 2 circuits of the table of large raises or all ins from the bully he gets a re-raise to which he replys intimidating with an all in and is called, we know the caller has a big hand and he did KK, Bully has 7s 2s and you can guess that neither of the Callers Kings were spades and out he goes to a flush with two spades in the flop and one on the river.

Very next hand Bully goes all in and is called, caller No. 2 has AA, Bully KQ, flop is 5 Q 8 table starts to think Bully is in for a hit when its 7 on turn but its followed by K on river.

By now the vacant places on table have been filled and one of the new guys has a substantial but slightly smaller chipstack than Bully with another couple of hands going by the new guy has seen the Bully in action with an all in and big raise and has the opportunity on the next hand to put in a raise only to be met by a Bully all in, the New Guy calls and turns over AK bully has A3 flop comes out 3 K J both have two pair but new guy is ahead, turn card is a 10 but you guessed it river is a 3, the New guy is out and Bully is Tournament Chip leader unfortunately I can not remeber the Bullys name otherwise would post it but I went out soon afterwards as getting short of chips to the bUlly but was one of the few fair beats he inflicted on people at the table my AQ to his AK.

Just one of those days when the bad guy does not seem to be able to loose.
  • Options
    VERTICALVERTICAL Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2009

Many moons ago I had 22, limped in small blind and flop was

min bet, late position raises pot!!!

I reraise and he pushes- result

He turns over 6 6

Turn is a 6, river 6.

That is the only bad beat I care to remember fondly, I was actually glad it was in a tournie, not cash ;-)

• Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited June 2009
    My first ever Five 00

Got through 2 satellites to get there!!

Hole cards AA raise to 400 (200/100) on the button, raised by cut off to 1000

Everybody else folds, obviously I re-raise all in I am just covered

He calls with JJ first 4 community cards are blanks and he rivers a J

Gutted!!

Dave
  • Options
    chaseDacechaseDace Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2009
    i had pocket A's bet out pre flop got called with 5-7 suited he hit full house thats insane but it always seems to favour the underdog on here when you bet out pre flop, happens all too often on here.
  • Options
    rubesrubes Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2009
    Sorry to have to whine here but this is unbelievable.
    i didnt get on bad beat, not 2 but 3 in a hu sng

1st hand im bb with 24o flop comes 249 2 diamonds
    villain best min i raise him another 100 which he calls
    turn is a black 3 he bets i reraise he calls.
    river another 3

counterfeited i think but not he trys a trap check i check and he turns Q3 with no diamonds

next was AQ vs AJ and he spiked the J on the river which isnt that bad i know but still i was a huge favourite

then the icing on the cake

im dealt QQ
    call waiting for his raise which i reraise and he calls

flop
    89T

i check he bets i go all in
    calls and shows k8

and guess what the k saves the day

what have i done to upset the poker gods?
    easily the worst week or 2 ive had in poker
  • Options
    Kenny_CKenny_C Member Posts: 65
    edited February 2010
    Check out my post about poker in the movies in the Pohh Bear v Tigger hand if you want to see a bad beat
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2010
    A few years ago in the Wcoop $million. 100 left of 4000+ and I'm cruising. Then I got moved.

I'm BB with KK and all fold to SB who is tournament CL. He raises I re-raise he calls. Flop is KKx. He bets, I raise he goes all-in, I insta call. He turns over AA. Turn A, River A. Cost me 136k in chips and my tournament. He went on the win the event.

I sat with my mouth open for about an hour afterwards in total shock. I got well paid so it wasn't fruitless, but oh! it hurt.