You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

IPL 2013, lets see if I can make some money!

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
edited May 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat

Yo. IPL time again :)

Most readers will know I post quite alot in here, mainly on the football and horse racing threads, and occasionally golf and snooker and threads about most big sporting events. 

I am a useless punter, I do it for fun, and small stakes, and don't keep any kinda record of how much I've won or lost. That figure would probably reduce me to tears as the fivers and tenners soon add up. 

Anyway I'm going to use this thread to try and make some money during this years IPL, it wont be big money either way, but hopeully it will enhance my enjoyment of the tournament.

Will post bets on most of the games, as well as overall tournament markets, and update the thread at least once every 2 days throughout the duration of the tournament. 

The aim is simply to show a profit @ the end ! :)

Bet sizing will be smaller to start with, T20 is a high varience game! and the IPL is crazy at times, so I want to see all the teams play at least once before committing to any 1 team to win the tournament.

Open tournament bets

Ashok Dinda, leading tournament bowler, £1ew @ 33/1

Leading tournament batsman, £1 ew, Rahane @ 25/1 & David Miller 50p ew @ 125/1

Miller is dynamite, there for the whole tournament, and shouldn't be anywhere near 150/1 if he gets a game. Only 4 overseas players allowed to play thought, and looking at his teams squad, I doubt they'll pick him very reguarly, hense the tiny stake.

Hoping he gets a game early when others might be unavailable, scores a load, and makes himself impossible to drop. Worth a go for a quid. 

Also like Youvraj @ 40/1, can't understand why he's that big. I can't find anything online that suggests he's injured, so will have to wait and see if there's any info when his team plays.

Todays game

Highest 6 over team total - £10 on Dehli @ 4/5

Don't intend to have a tenner every game, but really like this bet, even without Sehwag. 

KKR are more reserved at the top of the order, whereas Dehli aim to get off to a flyer. Early wickets could ofc change things, bt I expect a winning start!

Day 1

Profit/loss = n/a
Open bets = 4 to the value of £15

Lets hope ITV have sorted some decent pundits/presenters out this year, was unwatchable at times last year

Good luck any1 having a bet, and enjoy the cricket :) 

*op changed slightly, just put the bets on that I picked out this morning, and prices changed slightly. All bets w/ B365 fwiw

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013
    In Response to IPL 2013, lets see if I can make some money!:
    Yo. IPL time again :) Most readers will know I post quite alot in here, mainly on the football and horse racing threads, and occasionally golf and snooker and threads about most big sporting events.  I am a useless punter, I do it for fun, and small stakes, and don't keep any kinda record of how much I've won or lost. That figure would probably reduce me to tears as the fivers and tenners soon add up.  Anyway I'm going to use this thread to try and make some money during this years IPL, it wont be big money either way, but hopeully it will enhance my enjoyment of the tournament. Will post bets on most of the games, as well as overall tournament markets, and update the thread at least once every 2 days throughout the duration of the tournament.  The aim is simply to show a profit @ the end ! :) Bet sizing will be smaller to start with, T20 is a high varience game! and the IPL is crazy at times, so I want to see all the teams play at least once before committing to any 1 team to win the tournament. Open tournament bets Ashok Dinda, leading tournament bowler, £1ew @ 33/1 Leading tournament batsman, £1 ew, Rahane @ 25/1 & David Miller 50p ew @ 125/1 Miller is dynamite, there for the whole tournament, and shouldn't be anywhere near 150/1 if  he gets a game. Only 4 overseas players allowed to play thought, and looking at his teams squad, I doubt they'll pick him very reguarly, hense the tiny stake. Hoping he gets a game early when others might be unavailable, scores a load, and makes himself impossible to drop. Worth a go for a quid.  Also like Youvraj @ 40/1, can't understand why he's that big. I can't find anything online that suggests he's injured, so will have to wait and see if there's any info when his team plays. Todays game Highest 6 over team total - £10 on Dehli @ 4/5 Don't intend to have a tenner every game, but really like this bet, even without Sehwag.  KKR are more reserved at the top of the order, whereas Dehli aim to get off to a flyer. Early wickets could ofc change things, bt I expect a winning start! Day 1 Profit/loss = n/a Open bets = 4 to the value of £15 Lets hope ITV have sorted some decent pundits/presenters out this year, was unwatchable at times last year Good luck any1 having a bet, and enjoy the cricket :)  *op changed slightly, just put the bets on that I picked out this morning, and prices changed slightly. All bets w/ B365 fwiw
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

NOPE!

Running bad already :(
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Ughhhhhh. 

So much sigh. 

45 was decent by Dehli, despite losing a wicket 1st ball. 

Chasing a low total I thought I was safe, as KKR wud try and build a solid platform.

Then the first over was a maiden. 

FML. rly bad start. 

Open bets

£5 worth

Settled bets.

-£10

Ongoing Total
    -£10

Will probably put tomorrows bets up later tonight, if there are any. 

Any in play bets will be posted too. 

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited April 2013
    Good luck man.

I <3 cricket.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Tomorrows bet.

RCB to beat the Mumbai Indians. 

£8.20 @ 4/5.

Open bets

RCB to beat the Mumbai Indians, £8.20 @ 4/5

Settled bets.

-£10

Ongoing Total
    -£10
    £13.20 OPEN

Fancy RCB to win the whole comp (as I always do). Malinga the danger. Wud be nice to book a win! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Winnar! Phew. 

What a game, alot went against RCB, pretty huge toss with the ball moving everywhere for the first 8 overs. 

Gayle force saved the day though, but looks to be badly injured whacking it out the park off 1 leg. 

Glad I didn't have a bet on RCB to win the comp, will wait to see if he's going to be out for any games. 

Open bets

Settled bets.
    Highest 6 over team total £10 on Dehli v KKR @ 4/5  LOST -£10
    RCB to beat the Mumbai Indians, £8.20 @ 4/5  WON  +£6.56

Ongoing Total
    -£3.44
    £5 OPEN

Strange game tomorrow, looking at both squads they're full of overseas players, so it's guesswork as to which 4 will start for each team. 

Will probably wait for the ITV coverage to start and see the teams before deciding if I'm going to have a bet. 

• Options
    edited April 2013

Having looked around this morning, I can't see anything other than a Pune win this afternoon, but at 8/13 & only playing with small stakes there isn't much point doing the single.

2 games tomorrow, Rajistan are making their first appearence against Dehli, who were very poor in their first game and also suffering with injury problems. 

Chennai, the favourites, are at home against Mumbai and should be too strong. 

Putting Pune (8/13), Rajistan (13/10) and Chennai (4/6) in a treble, the first multiple of the thread @ 5.19/1. 

Open bets

Pune (8/13), Rajistan (13/10) and Chennai (4/6) treble, £5 @ 5.19/1
    Sangakkara top Hydraban scorer, £2.50 @ 2/1

Settled bets.
    Highest 6 over team total £10 on Dehli v KKR @ 4/5  LOST -£10
    RCB to beat the Mumbai Indians, £8.20 @ 4/5  WON  +£6.56

Ongoing Total
    -£3.44
    £12.50 OPEN

*edited @ 3.28pm.

Sangakkara top Hydraban scorer, £2.50 @ 2/1

• Options
    edited April 2013

No luck on Saturday, Pune somehow managed to fluff chasing down 130 on the flattest deck ever, tyvm Dale Steyn.

Missed yesterday, would have backed Rajistan, who won @ 13/10, but also Chennai who got beat. So would have broke even.

Have received a good offer from Corals, stake up to £20 and get 50% back if I lose.

So going to use that to bet on todays double header.

Keeping the faith with Pune @ home to Punjab (4/6) and obviously sticking with my team RCB who are odds on against Hyderabad (8/13).

£20 @ 1.5/1, w/ half of it being a freeroll.

Open bets

Pune & RCB double, £20 @ 1.5/1

Settled bets.
    Highest 6 over team total £10 on Dehli v KKR @ 4/5 LOST -£10

RCB to beat the Mumbai Indians, £8.20 @ 4/5 WON +£6.56

Pune (8/13), Rajistan (13/10) and Chennai (4/6) treble, £5 @ 5.19/1 LOST -£5

Sangakkara top Hydraban scorer, £2.50 @ 2/1 LOST -£2.50

Ongoing Total

-£11.99

£25 OPEN

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Being 'Pune'shed here. 

V poor show, win the toss bat first and end up 50/5 off 13. pfffft. 

When did the Indian pitches start seeming around like Headingley? :( 

Hoping for a miracle, or I'm gonna be chasing v early in the comp! 

edit* as I press post, Taylor nails one and gets caught by one of the best catches you'll ever see! So much sigh :(

Another loser ! :( Pune playing like Prunes!

£10 freebie on the next game, fancy Virat Kohli to top score for RCB, looked in great form the other day, and Gayle doubtful/hampered, looks a good price @ 10/3 coming in @ 3.

Open bets

Kohli top run scorer for RCB v Hydrabad £10 @ 10/3

Settled bets.
    Highest 6 over team total £10 on Dehli v KKR @ 4/5 LOST -£10

RCB to beat the Mumbai Indians, £8.20 @ 4/5 WON +£6.56

Pune (8/13), Rajistan (13/10) and Chennai (4/6) treble, £5 @ 5.19/1 LOST -£5

Sangakkara top Hydraban scorer, £2.50 @ 2/1 LOST -£2.50

Pune & RCB double, £20 @ 1.5/1 LOST -£20

Ongoing Total

-£31.99

£15 OPEN

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Winner with Kohli! Much needed.

Pretty sick sweat though, him scoring 46, Henriques going into the final over 43 not out and on strike!!!!

Thought I was gonna get bummed again!

Open bets

Settled bets.

Pune & RCB double, £20 @ 1.5/1 LOST -£20

Kohli top run scorer for RCB v Hydrabad £10 @ 10/3 WON +33.33

Ongoing Total

+1.34 (£11.34 profit)

£5 OPEN

Leaving the 2nd innings alone, kinda hope RCB lose so I can back them @ a bigger price to win the thing soon :D 

On to poker, not tilted before I start for once! :)

• Options
    edited April 2013

Gonna put tomorrows bet up now, as I prob wnt be able to get online b4 it starts.

Simply, Rajistan to beat KKR, £10 @ 5/4.

Bookies obv dnt fancy them, after they won their first game against the odds. 

Rly like this bet, hopefully I can bag another winner, and get some momentum going

Open bets

RR to beat KKR £10 @ 5/4 

Settled bets.

Kohli top run scorer for RCB v Hydrabad £10 @ 10/3 WON +33.33

Ongoing Total

+1.34 (£11.34 profit)

£15 OPEN

• Options
    edited April 2013

Winner! 

No thanx to Eoin Morgan, what a player. Glad he's ours :)

Open bets

Settled bets.

Kohli top run scorer for RCB v Hydrabad £10 @ 10/3 WON +33.33

RR to beat KKR £10 @ 5/4 WON +£12.50

Ongoing Total

+13.84 (£21.84 profit)

£5 OPEN

Haven't looked at tomorrows game/'s yet, think there's 2, hoping to keep the momentum going :)

• Options
    edited April 2013

Bets today....

RCB (1/2) & Mumbai Indians (4/6), double, £5 @ 1.5/1

Virat Kohli to top score for RCB again, £3.33 @ 7/2

• Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: IPL 2013, lets see if I can make some money!:
    Bets today.... RCB (1/2) & Mumbai Indians (4/6), double, £5 @ 1.5/1 Virat Kohli to top score for RCB again, £3.33 @ 7/2
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ok DOHHHHHHHHH.... I'm working from home today so I've gone along with u. 
  • Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited April 2013

will be watching both games today,

am on Sunrisers / Indians double.

and AB / Kumar top bat in 1st game, gl

• Options
    edited April 2013

Didn't realise ABDV was back, such an amateur!

Prob explains why Kohli was a bigger price to top score today than he was 2 days ago when he top scored against this same team.

Dilshan dropped though, which is a surprise. 

Looks a great pitch, shame RCB aren't batting first. 

Will be happy when/if Sangakkara gets out, not much to come after him. ***** Famous last words. 

100 all out then Steyn to get 1 of the openers early and Kohli to bag a soft, Trott like, average enhancing 50 not out plz :)

Easy game on paper :D

***** seriously stfu doh! 

Game on, huge last 4 here. 
  • Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited April 2013

sigh

noticed Perera was 13/1 top sunrisers scorer in running, with White and Kumar both struggling, and him due next in, thought it was a great price, did i back it, of course not
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Weird watching this 2nd innings hoping RCB win but Kohli top scores, everything has to go exactly according to plan for both to win. 

Will have to be careful with that in future. I don't like it! 

Ideally wud want Agarwal to blast 90 off 60 there, but obv then the Kohli bet can't win. 29 was a good time for him to get out. 

In Virats hands now! 
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Weird watching this 2nd innings hoping RCB win but Kohli top scores, everything has to go exactly according to plan for both to win.  Will have to be careful with that in future. I don't like it!  Ideally wud want Agarwal to blast 90 off 60 there, but obv then the Kohli bet can't win. 29 was a good time for him to get out.  In Virats hands now! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Think it's safe to say u have got Kohli home lol. And RCB 1/5 in running with 5 overs left
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: IPL 2013, lets see if I can make some money! : Think it's safe to say u have got Kohli home lol. And RCB 1/5 in running with 5 overs left
    Posted by joesman1
    Yea it's pretty much gone to plan so far. 

Although everytime I post something positive in running something insane happens and we blow up. 

Steyn bowled out, so can't see it. 

Freerolling the Mumbai bet, I need to re-think my strategy, backing odds on (as most teams will be in 2 horse races) isn't gonna get me far.

Kohli top scorer and RCB win was 6/1.

Maybe being greedy, but at least I'm not getting spanked!

Will look for a bet in the Dehli top scorer market soon, for added intrest in the 2nd game. 

Cmon Pondulkar :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Didn't realise ABDV was back, such an amateur! Prob explains why Kohli was a bigger price to top score today than he was 2 days ago when he top scored against this same team. Dilshan dropped though, which is a surprise.  Looks a great pitch, shame RCB aren't batting first.  Will be happy when/if Sangakkara gets out, not much to come after him. ***** Famous last words.  100 all out then Steyn to get 1 of the openers early and Kohli to bag a soft, Trott like, average enhancing 50 not out plz :) Easy game on paper :D ***** seriously stfu doh!  Game on, huge last 4 here. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yep very Trott like.