You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW!

oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
edited January 2010 in Community Help & Advice
All the stories we have heard sbout the shortcomings of this stupid flashplayer system of playing poker have shown it to be the very worst thing about sky poker----it's getting simply ridiculous now sky!!!---I am 100% sure that people would be playing at least twice as much poker if they had a proper download version of the site, that actually works!!

Tell them peeps!--you know it makes sense---I was told by the suits nearly two years ago, that they were working on it!

WE WANT NEWS  !!!!!     !!!!!    !!!!!

Comments

• Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited December 2009
    Totally agree, don't see how it's taking so long.

Am refusing to play n here atm, was playin three £22 dym's the other day, everything runnin fine, as it had been for hours before, then suddenly it's auto-foldin me every hand in all three games, everything else on PC still runnin ok, just skypoker playin up as usual.

Not that the downloadable client is gtd to fix this, but we can hope
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited December 2009
    As  Jack Nicholson said, about Gautama Bay "YOU WANT THE TRUTH",

"You couldn't Handle the Truth son" !!

But  if you can handle it ??  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFSUtNEF6_U
  • Options
    Penny_LessPenny_Less Member Posts: 234
    edited December 2009
    100% floppin well agree.....DOWNLOAD VERSION NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (please)
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited December 2009
    I am quite happy as it is, I would sooner just log on and play tbh.
  • Options
    Penny_LessPenny_Less Member Posts: 234
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW!:
    I am quite happy as it is, I would sooner just log on and play tbh.
    Posted by acebarry10
    That's all you have to do with a download too...

The reliability of this site is shocking
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited December 2009
    Watch this space, i cant say any more its all hush hush at the moment, but something is in the pipeline and its coming your way, its gonna be really exciting im sure you'll agree, in the meantime enjoy our special 9pm mega bingo every Friday - just log on to skybingo and enjoy! i will repeat this message at regular intervals throughout the year as and when requested lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    +1  penny--in my experience, the reliability of the site is the worst on the net, all we want to do is log in and play poker, but we have to think about which games we can risk entering because of these silly floppin reliability issues
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW!:
    In Response to Re: WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW! : That's all you have to do with a download too... The reliability of this site is shocking
    Posted by Penny_Less
    Yup download it, dont really want too, sorry
  • Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited December 2009
    Having to run in a browser windows with a flash download is pretty painful.  Try having 2 or 3 windows open full sized and it begins to be a painful experience.  I think Flash should be done under the trades description act!
  • Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited December 2009
    Actually using the site you download the flash client in the browser every time a window opens which is why it windows lock up for 5 seconds or so when a new window pops up.  Annoying when you are in a game.

On another site using a download client I could have 20 windows open, not that I'd necessarily want to, and the computer is still breezing along.
  • Options
    VWBAYVANVWBAYVAN Member Posts: 43
    edited December 2009
    well ive been playing on here for about 2 years and have had no problems at all
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited December 2009
    Watch this space, i cant say any more its all hush hush at the moment, but something is in the pipeline and its coming your way, its gonna be really exciting im sure you'll agree, in the meantime enjoy our special 9pm mega bingo every Friday - just log on to skybingo and enjoy! i will repeat this message at regular intervals throughout the year as and when requested lol.
    Posted by loonytoons
    Your the best loonytunes, THAT is so funny . hahaaa  +100%
  • Options
    NorbitNorbit Member Posts: 490
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW! : Yup download it, dont really want too, sorry
    Posted by acebarry10

See i dont understand why people are afraid of downloading, my mum is like with the computer, shes too scared to download something as shes worried she will crash the computer or some nasty virus will infect her computer, its just lol
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I was just on the bubble (5mins ago) of a 2.20 deep stack game, and a stupid notice came up saying that my log in had expired--please relaunch the game from the lobby"--I was the short stack and needed to push--but was chucked off the table and back to the lobby --where----surprise----surprise----my flupwit log in had not expired at all, and all was fine----

hundreds of players have stupid technical issues with this software--SORT THE FLUPPIN THING OUT i SAY!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW! :   See i dont understand why people are afraid of downloading, my mum is like with the computer, shes too scared to download something as shes worried she will crash the computer or some nasty virus will infect her computer, its just lol
    Posted by Norbit
    Erm, where did I say I was afraid to download please?, even if we do get a downloadable version, I am happy with this.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited December 2009
    yep i believe skypoker have lost a lot of players and a lot of cash ,

seems daft for a company to behave this way ,

there must be a reason why they don't go down the downloadable route,

seems all the other successful poker sites have ,

what is the point in advertising for new players ,

if they wont stay on sky,

how can one recommend this poker site if it keeps crashing ,

and yes there was a meeting about this,

but the guys paying the wages that u and me ,

were never let know the outcome of this anticipated meeting ,

i like  everything about sky ,

but the crashing and poor info for us the paymasters,

your Irish skypoker m8 rover .
  • Options
    NorbitNorbit Member Posts: 490
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW! : Erm, where did I say I was afraid to download please?, even if we do get a downloadable version, I am happy with this.
    Posted by acebarry10
    Erm, where did i actually accuse you of being afraid please?

I made an open statement about one the reasons dont like d/ling which i find lol, yours of which is obv diff.

• Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited December 2009
    Oynutter you are so funny.  I dont know why but Ive been p******ng myself reading your posts about ur technical problems.  I know its bad of me but very entertaining.  Sorry mate.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited December 2009
    i never have problems when playing 2 games but if i multi to 3 or 4 one will always freeze on me
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    you can play 16 games with a download version --with no problems at all----here you can play one--if you're lucky!