You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW!

13»

Comments

• Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited December 2009
    Maxally, to get the best performace you'll need to replace your C1531 datasette with a C1541 floppy drive and you'll be laughing.

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW!:
    Maxally, to get the best performace you'll need to replace your C1531 datasette with a C1541 floppy drive and you'll be laughing.
    Posted by Machka
    Cheers for that.....Laughing?....i will be laughing my flopping mega bites dot com uk if I get that one to work mate :)
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited December 2009
    think not sure comeing in febuary
  • Options
    FishingPhiFishingPhi Member Posts: 73
    edited December 2009
    Flash is a great programming language and the 'net is smothered in games and other applications that use it. Try using YouTube without having the Flash plugin installed. Running the poker software from a browser means that it works on ALL Operating Systems - Windows, Linux, Apple Mac, etc. That in itself is a strong marketing strategy.

I personally use Ubuntu Linux which comes pre-installed with the Firefox web browser. Sky Poker works great and the only times i ever get problems is when my internet connection gets a bit laggy and occasionally when something goes wrong with Sky's server. To be fair, my PC is a £400 super computer with a 12.8Ghz Quad core processor and 8Gb of RAM, so it SHOULD run smoothly on my setup.

Fact is, Flash (when run in a browser) was never really designed to be used for high performance programs such as a poker client. The old Cryptologic network (will hill, littlewoods, betfair, etc, etc) used Flash for their software but it was setup as a downloadable version which is much faster than a browser version.

My only hope is that the new software is NOT Windows only.
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited January 2010
    THE BEST PIECE OF ADVICE I HAVE EVER SEEN IN TECHNICAL QUERIES IS "HAVE YOU TRIED CLEARING YOUR HISTORY AND COOKIES"-----WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT SKYS COMMITMENT TO RELIABILITY?

SAY NO MORE